Single Police Department

Should the SAPD merge into the LSPD

• Total voters

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Although I think there should be at least One less... Theres nothing we can do until they 1. decide to close on their own, or 2. Fuck up so bad we take it away from them :)

Kevin.

Voted yes, because i don't see a point of having 2 PD's, both hate on each other, and our player rate is not big enough for 2 PD's

Burritos

Banned User
I say no, because I don't want to be LSPD I rather be SPD because RPly LSPD cant go out of Las Santos :3

AndreC

Two police departments and ONLY two should remain. I'll lay it out for you, but first I need to cover some basic issues with WHY it won't work the way it is.

-Serverwide PD codes
-LACK OF COMMUNICATION
-Lack of (almost) MANDATORY VO-IP communication

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong at any point, I haven't been on the server in a while since my classes started.

Serverwide codes;
The current standard of PD codes needs to go, from my LSPD experience, I've experienced NOTHING but chaos with the radio codes. We don't need them inter-departmentally. While it does make communication shorter IF you remember all of them, which most wont, it makes it harder on those who have to look it up. On top of that, people really LOVED to be Mr. Bossman and state "Use correct radio protocol (Insert department here), over". That alone sparked huge fucking issues between members egos and it never ended until someone got suspended or admin action taken upon them for being childish. The end point here is plain English over departmental. Everyone knows what you're talking about and nobody has to worry about calling out radio protocol ever again, other than using codes over department.

Lack of communication;
Simple. The departments don't communicate much. This will forever and always be a problem, and only so much can be done to fix it. One being one of my points, lack of VOIP comms. As of now, the best way is through department, but people get mad when you 'spam' it too much with information. Only thing i can think of is have a mutual radio frequency for the 2 departments to tune to when a major situation is happening, OR use a mutual VOIP channel alike. Lack of communication makes effective inter policing impossible because with no APB system, can only rely on memory when someone evades.

Lack of VOIP communication;
Use Teamspeak, require a microphone for those who speak english well, that is all.

Only the surface. I would write more but I haz other thangs to be doing. If you want to know more, drop me a PM (That means you, PD faction leaders) I'm full of ideas to help out but not active enough to be in command to actually put them to work

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
You guys realize this thread was made back when there were two departments, there are three now.

I made all three into one eventually, good luck doing it again :p It took a shit ton of work, without Ello supporting you it likely won't happen.

How to bump threads....... Anyway I'd say yes, but we cannot just simply do it. Merge SPD & CSD or LSPD & SPD or CSD with LSPD. I'm down for that, In the meantime, get your friends to play on this server lol

sUp5rET.png