sUp5rET.png

Stat whores & inadequate role play standards.

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator

THE LACK OF RP (MOST LIKELY CREATIVE THINKING)
I'm seriously getting fed up with this... am I the only one?

Ever since I've joined the Server. I noticed an influx in stat-whore players & those that are more focused on gaining wealth rather than promoting proper Role-Play. This may sound like not much of a problem. But when it comes down to role-play situations or events, it's pretty insane.

Most of our players are so focused on their stats, they go completely haywire whenever they loose them (CK'd situations, PD impounds, arrests -fuck even hex impounds). And it's understandable, but yet again not. Since this is after all a role-play server (not an RPG). Now you may be thinking, "so what?" Buddy. Why should we fucking care. But if you think about it. You can't demand high role-play standards if you have that mindset.

We should be focused on events other than pursuits and shootouts. Events that aren't that huge on scale, but rather more focused on capturing the ambiance* of the environment. Examples of these events, includes Properly trained Medic staff that responds to nearly fucking anything that involves a cut or a bruise. Players that role-play in cafe's or restaurants. Small things you know? Fucking, selling hot dogs in a van. Shit like that.

You don't have to be the biggest, the baddest Illegal Role-Player. The most intense Law Enforcement Role-Player that's waiting around the FUCKING corner to pull you over after you just got ticketed at a speed cam. Focus on capturing the Ambiance, the feeling.

*the character and atmosphere of a place.

Let this post serve as an inspiration post, rather than a degrading one.

-Buddy

Editors Cut: This is the reason why I changed my LSPD rank to Commissioner. I hate to fucking participate in a pursuit ever two minutes. I like the smaller events that has more meaning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kodiak

<b><span style="color: white;">Faction Leader<br /
Couldn't of said it any better Buddy, it truly is making the roleplay experience not pleasurable to say the least. Gaining stats seems to be the main focus for people playing here, rather than actually roleplaying.

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Exactly, glad you agree. I'm just trying to highlight that most players priority's are not focused on the right concept (gaining money). And their perspective of role-play is totally unacceptable. That's why they get bored whenever they achieve nearly everything. Because they accomplished their trash goal of gaining wealth.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Exhibit A.

Overload and I tried to fix this issue, rather than participation, the community stopped playing and we had a steady decrease.

Exhibit B.

Rule #43:
43. You must have a reason to evade from the police. You must stop when being pulled over, and follow the normal procedure unless #2 is in play. Here are the following reasons where it is acceptable to evade:
1. You are being asked to exit the vehicle, and have illegal drugs/guns
2. You are already wanted
3. You have a felony amount of drugs, and or weaponry on your persona

And yes, this is jailable - I have jailed many people due to this.

I hope this helps :)

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
You don't have to like, decrease the stats. We should all rather promote better role-play conditions. And yes, provoking PD is jail-able.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
You don't have to like, decrease the stats. We should all rather promote better role-play conditions. And yes, provoking PD is jail-able.
Provoke yes but this is different. It says they can be jailed for running with no valid reason.

sUp5rET.png