Alexgils

New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[x] MTA:RP Gameplay
[x] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
-so, many rich stat whores got speedmods for vpoints, and new players dont...so why dont we give chance to them
using your rp skills, ic money(or mind) make your car faster, like lets take manana, max speed 90, 0-100 never, and rwd, now i buy turbo, chiptune it, and max speed is 120, 0-100 9 sec, and rwd, you can buy part for engine, suspension and tires and many more!

Advantages/Benefits
-more rp
-no more rage

Disadvantages
If any
-harder for cops

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[x] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
-add it and announce it, admins get to change speed 1 - 250, acc 4sec - 20, grip 1 - 100, driveterrain, car sound? and players can switch some stuff on and off, if you drive on fuel or gases, turbo etc.
peps who got speedmod can make car abit faster, or better acc.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
-errione love it

Additional information:
-ello may eat me now, cuz its abour donations :D no offence

Last edited by a moderator:

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
Like I said, if there would be like V8, V10 engines also, what you can buy from IG money, but you have to RP upgrading it. It would be so awesome, like just increase power a little bit, and max speed. +1

Jokerr

"Lets have everyone driving around at 200 km/h, even the trolls that just screw around!"

-1, lol, basically takes away the whole point of the exclusivity of speedmods.

Maybe you can get your speed modded to 150 on a FAST car, and the power stays the same, but no way should it be set to what you can get by using vPoints.

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
Neutral
I do not support the IG Money part, People can RP stealing the upgrades, It is realistic, but It's OP.

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
People can RP stealing the upgrades.

So, if you RPly install a turbocharger, and RPly completely build up the engine. Forged internals and everything. So that all can be stolen RPly? Even though it's inside the engine. and bolted on to the engine. Under the hood. Of a locked car. It can be stolen? I understand people can steal mufflers. And maybe a spoiler or rims. But nobody can really steal the parts that are under the hood realistically. As some parts are welded onto the car. Somebody'll just walk around with a grinder to cut off the welded parts? No. Would be completely nonRP unless you own a chop shop and can unlock each car.

I personally +1 this idea. Just don't make it go overboard. Like a Manana going 200 without a speedmod and I think we'll be fine. Like if you can tune them. But like limit the lower class cars to like 150-160. And the higher end cars to maybe 180 unless it's an infernus, which would realistically be able to go over 200 with little mods. And limit speedmodded cars to maybe 220-240. We all know the koenigseggs will be upgraded to go over 230 by the owners of them if this gets added. This is honestly a really good idea for car guys.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
So, if you RPly install a turbocharger, and RPly completely build up the engine. Forged internals and everything. So that all can be stolen RPly? Even though it's inside the engine. and bolted on to the engine. Under the hood. Of a locked car. It can be stolen? I understand people can steal mufflers. And maybe a spoiler or rims. But nobody can really steal the parts that are under the hood realistically. As some parts are welded onto the car. Somebody'll just walk around with a grinder to cut off the welded parts? No. Would be completely nonRP unless you own a chop shop and can unlock each car.

I personally +1 this idea. Just don't make it go overboard. Like a Manana going 200 without a speedmod and I think we'll be fine. Like if you can tune them. But like limit the lower class cars to like 150-160. And the higher end cars to maybe 180 unless it's an infernus, which would realistically be able to go over 200 with little mods. And limit speedmodded cars to maybe 220-240. We all know the koenigseggs will be upgraded to go over 230 by the owners of them if this gets added. This is honestly a really good idea for car guys.

I agree with the chinese guy :p

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
-1 Everyone is just gonna google how to do it and Turbo (if you mean nitro) Is like 10k or 100k I think for the lowest one and highest is like 5mil which new players can't afford. Possible explosions maybe? if you don't tune the engine properly also, there is to many v12s and not enough cops so it is unfair for one entire side of roleplay

Malachi

-1 Everyone is just gonna google how to do it and Turbo (if you mean nitro) Is like 10k or 100k I think for the lowest one and highest is like 5mil which new players can't afford. Possible explosions maybe? if you don't tune the engine properly also, there is to many v12s and not enough cops so it is unfair for one entire side of roleplay

I agree, -1 if you keep it the same, +1 if you make it harder to do.

Alex_h1997

*Capozello Member
+1 , People will start rping more. They will open car garage and tune their own cars there or others. And when they will want to modificate something they will need an admin to be there and see his Rp how he is installing it.. Cause for the last time no one Rping in this server, If your asking for tint on /report the admin accpeting your report you got to charity and walla your tint is set, Which is totally none of rp is made...

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
and Turbo (if you mean nitro)

You do know, this suggestion is about buying parts and installing them. You know what a turbo is right? Not talking about the nitrous in game that only lasts about 30 seconds. There is actual stuff called "Turbochargers" and "Superchargers" that people install to cars to give them more Horsepower. Just look it up. It's all sorta basic shit.

i can tell you why no one rps upgrading or car modifications for engines.

Because either players are lazy to do that many commands, dislike realism (This is a RP server and yes it's supposed to be realistic) or just don't know enough about cars.

if more players knew more stuff about cars and enjoy cars, then they'll do it.

Many players are pragmatists, and only RP stuff that gives an immediate benefit to them

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
if more players knew more stuff about cars and enjoy cars.....

I've always taken roleplay servers as practice for real life, Stuff I learn from factions and stuff I learn from other relevant stuff, Like taxes, purchasing a vehicle, upgrading it, street rules.... etc....

Many players think that MTA:RP is only a server they log on for fun, for the money they've got, for the properties for the cars etc...

Learning about cars and engines is great, google and wikipedia are open for those whom would like to RP upgrading their cars, but impatience will not encourage players to Roleplay (If they're impatient I don't know why they've joined a roleplay server).

I've reconsidered my opinion +1 though if this was implemented i hope that someone would post a guide on upgrading the vehicles..
* Bahey winks at Ryota.

Tomaah

<b><span style="color:#FF0000;"t>OfficialNub</b><b
Donator
This is all what Im been waiting. Now the RPing with mechanic/race team's cars would finaly start. And legal races could have diffrent classes of cars (Depends on cars weight/power etc. Car guys know. Liek Ryota) plus
Han's Supra will fly, when dis cames in.

Lesley

2012 *******
Donator
How about we kick out the v12's and make them all speedmodded REALISTICALLY - in like Turbo's, Superchargers etcetera - and judge the top speed on that. As Ryota said, a manana going 200kmh doesn't seem all that realistic to me.

Buuuuuuuuut that's just my opinion. +1 for realism.

*silently grabs bucket of popcorn*

Tomaah

<b><span style="color:#FF0000;"t>OfficialNub</b><b
Donator
Dunno about you guys, but there is one game, where you can actually build full engine. Automation - The car company tycoon. That could be cool with this. Personally i'll create engine there first - look what powers it has - and then buy the same parts in IG ICly. Just my option. And hint for ya guys.

Han Jordan, my mechanic char. knows this kinda simulation software IGly. Don't worry, if youre character is knowing from engines, I think u can use the game. Not sure, but will see.

pickens

Because either players are lazy to do that many commands, dislike realism (This is a RP server and yes it's supposed to be realistic) or just don't know enough about cars.

if more players knew more stuff about cars and enjoy cars, then they'll do it.

Many players are pragmatists, and only RP stuff that gives an immediate benefit to them

No they dont rp it because theres no point, its because theres no reason to rp it if its just for a rp factor like you put parts in cars irl to make them better/faster or have more torque or hp but with this you wouldnt get anythnig out of it, im a very good roleplayer, yes my typing and sentence structure isnt there in this but i do rp and actually enjoy rp but i wouldnt rp to much car parts cause it would be pointless from a stand point of it like youd rp and yeah if that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png