Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- Title says it all. Add preset brake light textures, or make a function allowing you too draw them yourself.

Advantages/Benefits
- More Mechanic RP
- (Possbly) Enbiggening list of reasons to stay/start playing at MTA:RP

Disadvantages
If any
- Some trolling/non-rp lights might pop up, i'd suggest you to remove them immediately.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[X] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted. (Atleast, that's what I think. I have totally no clue whatsoever how to make this)

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- Simply put it in, allowing either HEX or Mechanics (!) - and only them - to make them.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- See Advantages&Disadvantages

Additional information:
- Thank you for taking the time to review this.

With much love

Ewie.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Can you give me an example of that? I don't fully understand the brake lights.

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
Am I the only one here who does not understand what this is about.

love2ewwie
schreider refuse<3

weelawn

<b><span style="color:#DA81F5;"t>Irish Pride!</b><
Donator
Funny thing is, I think I have a resource in my files that you can change the style of head/tail lights. I must dig for it, however, me likey like, +1

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
My understanding is a way to re-texture the lights of a given vehicle from the client end that bounces back to the server and can be seen by other clients, just like the F4 vehicle mods are (to a degree)

The problem is, The light textures are shared between ALL vehicles in the game, using a single txd file. Modify your file for one car, You've modified it for all. IF the character skin customization comes to pass, The server will need a way to store ALL those special textures and how ever many instances OF that texture. Same story with this idea -- The server would have to learn a way to correlate a given TXD per client+vehicle ID and make sure it can be dispersed among all players. I don't think this would be physically possible, let alone its feasibility.

While I like the idea, I have to -1 it.

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
My understanding is a way to re-texture the lights of a given vehicle from the client end that bounces back to the server and can be seen by other clients, just like the F4 vehicle mods are (to a degree)

The problem is, The light textures are shared between ALL vehicles in the game, using a single txd file. Modify your file for one car, You've modified it for all. IF the character skin customization comes to pass, The server will need a way to store ALL those special textures and how ever many instances OF that texture. Same story with this idea -- The server would have to learn a way to correlate a given TXD per client+vehicle ID and make sure it can be dispersed among all players. I don't think this would be physically possible, let alone its feasibility.

I'm sorry, what?

Luka

Morgfarm has a great point here, I agree with him. -1

Luka

Denied as it's not really needed. If you want to edit your brakes, request a lead administrator in-game for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png