sUp5rET.png

SUGGESTION - Restricting the amount of illegal factions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron

New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
Well,the title explains it all.Instead of having like 4 - 5 illegal factions,4 of them are Mafia's,how about having 1 illegal faction of each type of RP.What I mean is that,we could be having 3 illegal factions, 1 Mafia, one Gang and a Syndicate, for example.In this way factions won't be going inactive since they're going to be having a decent amount of members.

Advantages/Benefits1)Promotes realism,since IRL there ain't like 3 Mafia's in a city
2)Factions won't be going inactive.
3)FRT will be needed in order to decide which faction ahould stay and which shouldn't.Plus,since it'll be a lot more active,it's job,checking down the progress pf every faction,will be easier.
4)The server won't be fulfilled in illegal RPer's.As a result,the legal RP can be boosted.
5)The illegal RP will become a lot more stable.We won't be having like 5-6 new illegal factions every month which all of them end up a fail.
6)PD's job will become a lot more easier since they can restrict their investigations to a couple of official illegal faction.

Disadvantages
All that I can think of is that: 1)QQing by some players who wanted or was expecting to be leaders of a faction and in the end they see it not being allowed.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[X] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
Well, it's not that hard,it can be just put in as a rule or something and players can be aware of it.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
*Advantages.

Additional information:
1)I am not that sure if it actually requires scripting or not.
2)Most of you will say that:"A lot of players will leave the server since we "restrict" their RP."The answer os simple:I ain't suggesting deleting a type of RP such as the Mafia one just because it's Non-RP.We still gonna have Mafia's and gangs and basically everything,just not like 5 illegal factions most of them being Mafia's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
I like this, especially considering this will give factions a reason to fight rather than just having one big unrealistic alliance

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
Reids won't be the one most likely, as they are inactive quite a bit

Erron

Well,I can't have known that Majachie.Although there ain't no hate Zander,it's just ridiculous seeing like 5 unofficial Mafia's and 2 official.Plus,most of those mafias end up being fail.There are some things that can be changed considering factions and really improve the server.

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
ayy how dey gon' get money from faction purchases if u limit the factions :(

Erron

Well,I cannot answer you to that.There shouldn't be a faction purchase perk at all,and what we should do is improve the server.

IlikeTrains

Banned User
-1 for many reasons:

1. In real life theres not a rule to say there is only 1 type of gang, there are lots of the same type of gangs everywhere, the only difference being you only hear about the big ones

2. If you want rp as a gang member but the leader of that gang has a disliking to you, it means you cant rp in an official gang

3. At the end of the day, there is no difference between the cripz and the Reid other than there skin ID and their ranking system. Any faction can change into a different style of faction.

4. The reason MTA:RP and all RP servers have an attraction is because there is an unlimited amount of possibilities, if you wanna be an LS pirate who robs people on their boats, then you can do that, but this limits the amount of illegal rp done on the server.

5. Huge MG problem, if there are only a certain number of illegal factions on the server then there will never be any suspicion of new faction developing new crimes

6. If one of the factions get a monopoly of the players on their side, then illegal rp will fade and just become one faction killing everyone.

Finally why is this not being said about legal rp, mainly the PD, at the moment we have 2 PD's for a small-ish player base in a small city.

Erron

1)Yeah there isn't although in our server there's only Mafia's and rarely one or two gangs.This suggestion was basically for Mafia's,since we have like 4-5.Plus our illegal RP system is completely Non-RP right now,especially the Mafia one.And even though there are thousands of gangs IRL (gangs are totally different than the Mafians),the was only one or two gangs grew a lot in MTA:RP.

2)Well,if it's OOC, he,then,shouldn't be a leader as he mixes his grudge with another player with how he should manage the faction.If it's IC there are a lot of ways to change that by RPing etc....

3)There should be and there is a LOT of differences between a Mafia and a gang.-Lifestyle:Mafia's have tons of money living a rich life in luxury whereas gangs are barely trying to survive with no money at all.-Mafia's don't feel the need to rob people,gangs instead do it all the time.There are a hell lots of differences between these two.

4)Well,until we get something unique,official and active we should take some measures,considering the other illegal factions.All I've seen here thrive is Mafia's, Mafia's, oh and Mafia's.All of them at the start say "We'll make the difference, we'll be a true Mafia etcetera..." and they end up totally out of that promise and inactive since there will be better illegal factions considering the Non-RP.And having like 5-6 illegal factions with 10 players each one of them ain't showing that we care about the illegal side. Plus, I am not talking about the unofficial factions,just the official ones and the ones that are going to be brought to life by donating.

5)You're talking as if the PD ain't MGing names,descriptions and much more.If a faction has a decent amount of players it'll be hard for them to know if they actually are illegal's or not,considering though that they are in the limits of RP and not Non-RPing.(Criminals)A faction won't last forever in any means,there will be new ones replacing others.It's just not good seeing like 5-6 illegal factions,some of them with no qualifications at all being official.

6)Well,a illegal faction's job is not killing,it shouldn't be it's primary goal.There should be some RP going out without ending up in shootouts all the time.And, all my time in MTA:RP , gangs always ended up being shutdown due to inactivity,and a couple of Mafia's having the monopoly of the players.

7)Yet we have two PD's due to the high amount of illegal RPers.I can recall times in MTA:RP where there were only LSPD.Police Officers were getting CKed every day.That should,and is changed as far as I know with SPD being made giving out a helping hand to the main PD Force,the LSPD.

Last edited by a moderator:

weelawn

<b><span style="color:#DA81F5;"t>Irish Pride!</b><
Donator
Do you want to know something, this has to be the best idea I've ever heard. This will stop these useless factions taking part then closing a few days later and for once, give people something to roleplay for. +Uno from weelawn sir!

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
So long as no one wants to make a legal faction this cant be changed lawl.. because I havent seen ANY unofficial legal factions around..

kazang

<b><span style="color:#800080;"t>MTA:RP VET</b><br
Donator
So long as no one wants to make a legal faction this cant be changed lawl.. because I havent seen ANY unofficial legal factions around..

That's because everyone that starts up some sort of illegal faction gets impatient and goes and buys the F3 for it and then it normally ends up shutting down a few weeks maybe a month later. It seems pretty much impossible to gain a faction without paying now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png