Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[X] MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- Since people can't get over being chased by the police, Or doing constant shootouts, I've come up with this idea, /startrp is basically when an admin is reconning a chase/shootout, he does /startip [Partial Nicknames/IDs], for example; /startrp Alexander_Morello Robert_Canon Brian_Waltmen [or] /startrp 1 3 12 || When the RP suddenly pauses due to a crash or what not, The admin would do /pauserp (which would basically freeze everyone that was in the RP (ID 1, 3 and 12), When the RP is done, /resumerp (which would unfreeze 1, 3 and 12), If someone logged while he was selected in /startrp, The admins would get a warning "AdmWrn: Player Alexander Morello Logged during an active roleplay" If he logs back in (in less than 5 minutes) /addtorp Alexander_Morello, This is basically the best idea of an admin command I have had in ages and the only disadvantages I see are some scripting bugs.

Advantages/Benefits
- Managing a roleplay would be easier.

Disadvantages
If any
- Possible scripting bugs.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[X] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- cool

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- VERY BIG WATCH OUT WATCH OUT WATCH OUT.

Additional information:
-

NamE

<b><span style="color:#0099FF";>Feelsbadman</b><br
Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[X] MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- Since people can't get over being chased by the police, Or doing constant shootouts, I've come up with this idea, /startrp is basically when an admin is reconning a chase/shootout, he does /startip [Partial Nicknames/IDs], for example; /startrp Alexander_Morello Robert_Canon Brian_Waltmen [or] /startrp 1 3 12 || When the RP suddenly pauses due to a crash or what not, The admin would do /pauserp (which would basically freeze everyone that was in the RP (ID 1, 3 and 12), When the RP is done, /resumerp (which would unfreeze 1, 3 and 12), If someone logged while he was selected in /startrp, The admins would get a warning "AdmWrn: Player Alexander Morello Logged during an active roleplay" If he logs back in (in less than 5 minutes) /addtorp Alexander_Morello, This is basically the best idea of an admin command I have had in ages and the only disadvantages I see are some scripting bugs.

Advantages/Benefits
- Managing a roleplay would be easier.

Disadvantages
If any
- Possible scripting bugs.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[X] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- cool

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- VERY BIG WATCH OUT WATCH OUT WATCH OUT.

Additional information:
-

Meh 2 much job 4 atmins

Nasilrvah

It'd be too complicated, not hard to script but harder to work for admins, they'd just forget it or wouldn't even use it, plus players wouldn't care if the RP gets paused or continued, the QQ would insanely increase.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a GUI for administrators where they can control who is in their RP (in case of players disconnecting, lying etc.) and see which admin handles which situation as many on-duty admins stumble upon each other in the same RP situation.

weelawn

<b><span style="color:#DA81F5;"t>Irish Pride!</b><
Donator
So the moral of this is that it freezes the players? /freeze is already there, no? Horrible idea my friend...

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
So the moral of this is that it freezes the players? /freeze is already there, no? Horrible idea my friend...

The moral is to alert us if any of the players involved log, and to freeze anyone involved, admin wont be bothered to freeze 4-5 players and then unfreeze them so one of them gets a head start

GamingBox

[b] Staff? Idk even anymore [/b]
Hmm, nah we have /freeze and /ann for that, if RP is paused just /ann RP with ID is Paused, if someone dosen't listen, just /freeze them, not hard, so -1 on this one bud

Tony179

Donator
Donator
I really like that the whole thing becomes more of a command thing than an /ann and manually freezing players.. It becomes more professional and more systematic.. Thus it would decrease any slight chance of corruption.. Like when an admin leaves a certain player in the RP to move ahead or when someone out of the RP MGs that there's an rp with a specific person and tries to get nosey..
+1
This would really be great if implemented.

IlikeTrains

Banned User
I like the concept, could use some work to make it less complicated but altogether its a great start to something that would be used commonly by admins. Will help with understanding and reconning situations more easily and manageable.

+1

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
Yo, negative replies, I know we can /freeze and /ann, But whenever I say **RP Paused** Someone goes ahead and gets a head start, and I won't notice it because I'm only reconning one person in the situation, This will freeze them all at once, and I wont even have to type in their IDs when I pause it because I already did /startrp

Understand the concept, don't make me mad.

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
So basically you're trying to make the players even more pissed off by freezing them. Absolutely zero point to this, It's just more pointless power for admins.

weelawn

Donator
If anything here I would implement a multi purpose reconing system, that shows multiple people on the screen in mini boxes.in this context this idea is useless in my eyes.

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
If anything here I would implement a multi purpose reconing system, that shows multiple people on the screen in mini boxes.in this context this idea is useless in my eyes.
I'm no script mlg professional basketball swimmer
but I think that's impossible

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
We already have a system like this, and its easier.

This is how it works:
Step 1) Do not have short-term memory loss, so you can remember all the players involved in the RP (isnt hard)
Step 2) Use /ann , /freeze , /unfreeze and /gethere or /goto to the best of your abilities
Step 3) Success

weelawn

Donator
I'm no script mlg professional basketball swimmer
but I think that's impossible
Definitely not! It's possible! Another community which I will not name has the command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png