sUp5rET.png

The (re)Mapping Initiative

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor

The (re)Mapping Initiative

Hey everyone!

With the recent news MTA:RP is getting one last push, I wanted to try something new. I think we can all agree Los Santos has it's quirks, some good, some bad. The end all-be-all is a lot of it is stale, and could use a little more life. What I am proposing here is a mapping initiative to bring some life back into various areas. I will be removing a lot of old maps from the server that are not beneficial.

There are a few areas that are off limits:
- Already re-mapped areas (unless a map is dogwater, in that case DM me for approval to remap it)
- Privately owned areas that are, well, owned
- Idlewood Gas Station (Unless you already have a stellar map made you want to submit photos of, go ahead, but please do not spend time making a new one)
- LSPD
- City Hall
- DMV
- CGH/ASH (Both Hospitals)
- Fire Department

Encouraged areas:
- Public use spaces
- Pershing Square
- Housing areas in Jefferson, Idlewood, or surrounding areas
- The less-nicer areas that you'd like to revamp and make look nicer

General rule of thumb:
- We will not accept personal map submissions that are one-house exclusive, the idea of this is improve the server's overall quality of life.
- No compounds, please. We want the server to be more inviting. Los Santos slowly became filled with compounds on every corner, and this is not inviting.

All submitted maps must be submitted to #remapping-initiative (https://discord.gg/E9QEv9J5b4) in the Discord server. There is no end date on this, as it is an initiative and will go indefinitely. All maps will be voted on internally, and we will communicate directly with each submitter regarding their submission if there is any follow up needed, or if any map is accepted or denied.

Mapping guidelines/rules:
- Scaled objects have no collision, please keep that in mind.
- All maps will be reviewed on a private server prior to being uploaded.
- Please send a description with your map images of what you have removed (if anything).
- Do not send the map file with your submission, we will contact you for it directly.

That being said, I am excited to see what everyone comes up with!

sUp5rET.png