The "Sleeping Police" Problem

HaveADream

<b><span style="color:#b80000;"t>Ace of Spades</b>
Donator
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sleeping Police Problem
-------------------------------------------------------------​

Hello!

Now, if you're active in game you're probably used to the police force being quite "bare." For example, I can't actually remember the last time I was pulled over, or the last time I've seen anyone been pulled over. This sleeping police problem that has occurred over the past month or two has caused a huge increase in the power projection of the illegal factions compared to the power projection of both the state department and the police department. What I want to know is why you think the police problem has occurred and what steps could we take as a community to avoid and work around it? I understand Beatty is doing a lot of great work but this seems to be a huge problem as criminal organisations continue to grow while the police department continues to shrink.

Personally, I believe that the CK/rejoining rules on the police are too strict. I have been a police officer on three different alts, I have been murdered while protecting my co-workers, fatally crashing while attempting to chase a suspect and again when a situation was reset, leading to "borderline" metagaming from the other side while investigating a warehouse in Los Santos. Now, I was ck'd, what were my choices? I had to spend 12vp on a stat transfer, which was money that I had neither IC or OOC at that point, or take a "reinstatement exam", the issue was that the exam was never given to me under the old command even when asked and was told to rejoin through the normal route - which meant becoming a student, being retrained, etc etc... after Jasmine_Crawford was ck'd I eventually decided to give up and focus my full time on Charles_Stark.

However that's just my opinion, I'm interested in the opinion of others on the issue, or whether there even is an issue :)

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Recruitment has been closed deliberately till now, as have the removal of people from the faction. If you can remember a mere few weeks ago, the PD was being sued left and right due to horrible choices of employment.

Stuff does not get fixed over night, it takes a few weeks to get enough people in and properly trained. At no point will anyone be added in without training, reinstated or otherwise given a 'free entry'. If you want to be an officer, you must work for it and prove you're capable. I'm quite honestly sick of every current officer spending 99% of their time on their illegal alts and not their cop characters. No illegal alts used to be a rule for as long as i've played, and since I'm back and running it, the rule is also back because it has always worked.

MTA:RP has a serious 'be in everything' problem. Most people have countless alts in any faction they possibly can be, dedicating barely anything directly to one specifically. I refuse to let anyone inside such an important faction without wanting to be in it and being dedicated. If the server and people change over time, then the rules will adjust accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaveADream

<b><span style="color:#b80000;"t>Ace of Spades</b>
Donator
I agree and as I have said here and elsewhere, I'm enjoying the changes that are being made to the department. The issue is at the moment, a lot of people are still choosing being in an illegal faction because of the money, the cars, etc. rather than being in police. Is this a case of "natural selection" where people that only want to dedicate themselves to the Police Department get in, or is this a problem that'll throttle the police department?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the rule wholeheartedly and I believe it's a good way to cut down on faction inactivity in the PD, but I'm worried it's too late, as most criminals are multi-millionaires at this point and they may feel that they'd keep their wealth over roleplaying a police officer.

Beatty

Donator
it's how it always is really. It's easier, requires less work and has more fun usually than PD roleplay. PD is generally more serious, requires more work, and even though you get to exercise power and authority, to some people it's not worth the responsibility that power gives, much like how not everyone is an admin.

The PD will always be outnumbered, right now it's not a lack of people, it's a lack of activity. Everyone in the PD currently has an illegal alt and spends most their time on it.

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
Currently I have only 1 main illegal alt, and a PD alt. The reasoning for my inactivity on my PD alt is because there's almost nobody else on PD alts, unless they're called on. And usually the only way to call people to PD alts is if there's already a few members on, and if there's a shootout/chase.

I can't bare to be on my PD alt for more than 2 hours, because of the constant speeding and just generally people not giving a shit about laws. It's impossible to get anywhere with it because they'll just keep coming back. I'm unable to RP properly on my police alt due to constant QQ whenever something doesn't go someone's way, or just simply because they start a shootout over a small jail sentence.

EVERYONE despises cops for no particular reason whatsoever, which means they are quick to draw and quick to whine. The amount of times I've just simply stopped trying to fight people who constantly speed and shoot at cops when they get caught is ridiculous. Until admins can figure out a way to properly contain the spew of criminals in MTA:RP, there's nothing that can be done.

Now don't get me wrong, I've always loved PD RP, for just the fact that it's something different and fun to do, especially with all the RP opportunities that people seem to miss. Everyone would rather be a millionaire playboy godfather, rather than actually focus on the fundamentals that make the server run properly. I'm unable to constantly cope with the fact that everyone has a gun, everyone is willing to shoot, and nobody really cares because "they had reason to".

I've tried being active on my PD alt, and all that's gotten me is neck deep in constant situations that almost always end up with me just being annoyed and disappointed. The amount of time I've spent just sitting there, waiting for someone to stop complaining is astronomical. If you want, sure. I'll go around and try to catch 90% of the server whom speed around because they don't give a crap.

The real problem is the people.. I get it, you're free to RP whatever, since it is just a video game, and it's supposed to mimmick real life. But a lot of people just simply seem to miss that without PD, the server doesn't function. I honestly just get tired of sitting on my PD alt, being provoked and constantly getting into situations because everyone's got a V12 and an M4 on their back.

I'm sure a good amount of PD officers feel the same way...

Beatty

Donator
Currently I have only 1 main illegal alt, and a PD alt. The reasoning for my inactivity on my PD alt is because there's almost nobody else on PD alts, unless they're called on. And usually the only way to call people to PD alts is if there's already a few members on, and if there's a shootout/chase.

I can't bare to be on my PD alt for more than 2 hours, because of the constant speeding and just generally people not giving a shit about laws. It's impossible to get anywhere with it because they'll just keep coming back. I'm unable to RP properly on my police alt due to constant QQ whenever something doesn't go someone's way, or just simply because they start a shootout over a small jail sentence.

EVERYONE despises cops for no particular reason whatsoever, which means they are quick to draw and quick to whine. The amount of times I've just simply stopped trying to fight people who constantly speed and shoot at cops when they get caught is ridiculous. Until admins can figure out a way to properly contain the spew of criminals in MTA:RP, there's nothing that can be done.

Now don't get me wrong, I've always loved PD RP, for just the fact that it's something different and fun to do, especially with all the RP opportunities that people seem to miss. Everyone would rather be a millionaire playboy godfather, rather than actually focus on the fundamentals that make the server run properly. I'm unable to constantly cope with the fact that everyone has a gun, everyone is willing to shoot, and nobody really cares because "they had reason to".

I've tried being active on my PD alt, and all that's gotten me is neck deep in constant situations that almost always end up with me just being annoyed and disappointed. The amount of time I've spent just sitting there, waiting for someone to stop complaining is astronomical. If you want, sure. I'll go around and try to catch 90% of the server whom speed around because they don't give a crap.

The real problem is the people.. I get it, you're free to RP whatever, since it is just a video game, and it's supposed to mimmick real life. But a lot of people just simply seem to miss that without PD, the server doesn't function. I honestly just get tired of sitting on my PD alt, being provoked and constantly getting into situations because everyone's got a V12 and an M4 on their back.

We'll discuss this during department retraining, don't worry :)

Bunny

Right now, Beatty and I are just focusing on getting the PD back together. Little by little. Just how Beatty says, this cannot be done overnight. I've also been trying to make reason for players to want to join PD.

Vercetti

There was a rule implemented by Beatty himself in the past that bans admins from having 20 and 19 rank, I think awakening this rules once again would have a good chance of solving this issue.

Wuppix

not EU
I don't get on my PD alt, because being the only cop online is just the worst thing ever because some people provoke when it happens

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Recruitment has been closed deliberately till now, as have the removal of people from the faction. If you can remember a mere few weeks ago, the PD was being sued left and right due to horrible choices of employment.

Stuff does not get fixed over night, it takes a few weeks to get enough people in and properly trained. At no point will anyone be added in without training, reinstated or otherwise given a 'free entry'. If you want to be an officer, you must work for it and prove you're capable. I'm quite honestly sick of every current officer spending 99% of their time on their illegal alts and not their cop characters. No illegal alts used to be a rule for as long as i've played, and since I'm back and running it, the rule is also back because it has always worked.

MTA:RP has a serious 'be in everything' problem. Most people have countless alts in any faction they possibly can be, dedicating barely anything directly to one specifically. I refuse to let anyone inside such an important faction without wanting to be in it and being dedicated. If the server and people change over time, then the rules will adjust accordingly.

lol jokes on you, Hex used to have a no PD alts rule. XDXD

And I always thought that police should have a 3 strikes and your out for CKS. Its stupid joining PD, getting into a chase and then getting a CK after only a month into the faction. When I was in the PD, my PD alts would have nothing but a stock car and a random apartment cause i was tired of having to stat transfer over stuff. All these CKs make people not want to expand their PD alts.

herrdag

MTARP Player
Donator
I don't get on my PD alt, because being the only cop online is just the worst thing ever because some people provoke when it happens

I have had that issue alot, but just /report, and it will solve. And don't ignore them, try to chase them, then people will try to get on their PD alt, and help you.

DrJoseEvil

Donator

Are you God? Because he spoke as if you were him my Lord.

sUp5rET.png