sUp5rET.png

vPoint system reworking

Would you endorse (suport) this revision?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

greenops011

Donator
Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ X ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- The way the current vPoint system works is totally ridiculous. It is the very essence of pay2win, and quite frankly is just disappointing. What I think would be in the best interest of the server, and the playerbase as a whole, would be to NOT give vPoints just for "donating" to the server. vPoints should ONLY be given to players for showing good roleplaying skills, or if the server has more than 25 people online at the same time. People who donate can still be recognized, but with the way the system currently is, they aren't actually donating, they are just buying the vPoints under the guise of donating

Advantages/Benefits
Would bring more roleplay to the server, because they would have the incentive to EARN vPoints. Plus it would all but eliminate the pay2win model we currently have

Disadvantages
If any
A lot of people would probably bitch saying "but what if i want to speedmod my car" or some crap like that

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ X ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- We'd need the support of the playerbase (which might be a hard sell), but deep in our hearts we know its what's best for the future of the server

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- A lot more incentive for skilled roleplaying, no more pay2win, even slate for all players on the server

Additional information:
-

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
You wanna pay the server bills? lol
You understand donating has a purpose right?

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
I never said stop the donations. What I said was, find a different way to recongnize donators that doesn't contribute to the pay2win problem

Give us the "different way" and high admins might even remove the Donation menu. Hard, right? You're not the only one thinking of different things to replace F7, but checking it right now it is not even pay2win. Custom phone number, removing some fees and such, not a problem. The only pay2win left is /bigj. Remove that and you'll remove donations.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
All donation perks will recieve an increase in prices here soon to reflect the free vPoints given. We give free vPoints to help alleviate the Pay2Win of the past.

What exactly is Pay2Win now? You cannot buy admin. You cannot buy factions. Donator vehicles/Speedmods are freely obtainable if you have In-Game money, you can tell your free vPoints for money, the whole thing goes round and round.

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
All donation perks will recieve an increase in prices here soon to reflect the free vPoints given. We give free vPoints to help alleviate the Pay2Win of the past.

What exactly is Pay2Win now? You cannot buy admin. You cannot buy factions. Donator vehicles/Speedmods are freely obtainable if you have In-Game money, you can tell your free vPoints for money, the whole thing goes round and round.

Well if lower the amount of Vpoints you get for donating, then you don't have to raise the prices of stuff. Less Vpoints you get, the more you spend to get more. Meaning your increasing donations and stuff on F7 doesn't have to be ridiculously priced.

Lets be honest, back in the day, it was way harder to get a lot of vpoints than it is now. I remember when I first joined, I donated 10$. That only got a little bit of VIP but boy was I happy when it helped me IG. Not always is a lot good.

Wuppix

not EU
Honestly F5 is the only problem here, Remove F5 and there won't be any problems, because that's how you basically pay2win, there are no other ways to Pay2win other than that, the other perks don't really give you that much of an advantage

greenops011

Donator
Donator
Honestly F5 is the only problem here, Remove F5 and there won't be any problems, because that's how you basically pay2win, there are no other ways to Pay2win other than that, the other perks don't really give you that much of an advantage

Actualy I think you are right. I've heard more complaints about F5 than anything. If we got rid of the F5 menu, people could still use the vpoints for their precious speed mods, yet they wouldn't be able to go bonkers making themselves super rich

Wuppix

not EU
I am not sure if someone is willing to pay $100 or $200 just to get a speedmod ingame, because its 500 vpoints

Lazzo

I eat children
Donator
Right okay , With this thread I have a few things to say
(OMG LAZZO IS BACK YAYAYAYAY )

So the whole idea overall of the donation thing is to pay the server bills as you seem to not know . But yes I do believe that is something that can be done for the server . Being one of the highest donator in the server ($1200 or something) . At the moment there really isnt a reason for me to donate in my opinion . The problem is indeed the F5 menu . We need to get rid of it AND the whole /giftvp , Or even if we do the Giftvp we need admins to moderate it . It's far too easy for me to be like , Yo send me money icly and ill giftvp you . I've done it before and it works believe me. The real reason why i donated my money and i aint trying to be fucking stupid here . The reason why i donated was because i could get a shit load of cars . Yes the money was a thing too . There was a point i donated a silly amount and turned it to over 200million . Yes 200,000,000 How is that realistic . This was cause of F5 and i found it funny to keep donating.

The next step for the server in my opinion (I know im only here for a while ) but the next step COULD be that the F5 menu is removed and the V12 is brought back , The v16 back to 100 vp like it was , With the speed mods . all of the perks , Like dieing and keep my guns/ drugs , AND holy christ the interiors , God they are realy worth it , The skins as well all make a good difference . The only problem here is f5 , You can still convert money to VP which is now harder without F5 because you could buy a v12 for 20 vp and then sell it to someone for money , Converting money to V12s And NOT vp. Yes this could mean that v12's are worth 6million Which yes is a good price because it will cut down on people having them , What you guys think , Good idea?

And vercetti for next JTA 2017 .
Lmao it won't happen , I love him and all but i dont think he knows what the price of the server is :(

sUp5rET.png