sUp5rET.png

Where's my money?

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Last night we suffered a large accident... We were attempting to add to our daily cleanup system to reset a persons money if they have not played our server in 31 days... The new line was only suppose to affect those who had more than 20 mill and it didn't completely leave them with nothing.. It was to set their money down to 20 mill.
It was one or those simple mistakes where > should have been <.

When the cleanup ran last night, it set active characters money down, rather than inactive.. To be fair we fixed it and attacked those inactive as well.

About 80 characters were affected, and half of those weren't even active..

We have no up-to-the-second backup of this money, and have decided that we are not going to provide refunds to anyone. It will give everyone a fair advantage now, as the richest person on the server has 20 mill.

It was a simple mistake, but a blessing in disguise as the money issues are now fixed.

20 million is no small amount, and should be plenty for you all to live on.. We will adjust house prices to reflect the change (for example the most expensive house will no longer be 75mill)

Thanks

Jockeyzz

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Sure I lost moneyz, sure I am happy for this shit. This will help a biiiig load! =)

Lucidic_v

Well that's kind of crap, I had 50 mil, I was happy 50 mil, I worked for that money and spend REAL LIFE money on speedmods and shit that I sold in game for profit. now that I have 20 the interest is less and to take money away from someone that is rightfully theirs is pretty much bullshit. It wouldn't bother me so much but since I've spent real money on this game, it kind of pisses me off.

E

eLst

Well that's kind of crap, I had 50 mil, I was happy 50 mil, I worked for that money and spend REAL LIFE money on speedmods and shit that I sold in game for profit. now that I have 20 the interest is less and to take money away from someone that is rightfully theirs is pretty much bullshit. It wouldn't bother me so much but since I've spent real money on this game, it kind of pisses me off.

I lost over 2.4B from all my characters, but I've come to realize that it's happened to everyone. So everyone if affected and everyone that had over 20m now has 20m, so it's fair.

Lucidic_v

Well ok, I'll accept that it was an accident and that refunds aren't going to be given, i'll make the money back somehow, It was my goal from the start to get to 50 mil. Call me a stat whore or whatever but I made the cash legit and payed money I worked for to fund it, so if they are gonna just take more than half my bank and choose not to refund it, I am just going to choose not to donate anymore. seems logical.

Smrize

good update. Now the games seems more realistic instead that only rich people can buy a house for 50m or something.

Pulse

Donator
Donator
Money will be money for the first time in a long time instead of trading for guns&drugs, thank you.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Stuffs still gonna sell for millions lmao, but no refunds dats cool i guess

Last edited by a moderator:

HelenMagnusAkaJamesB

Donator
Donator
Alright so i made an report about that i lost my cash cause i had lower than 20m already like 16m and then beatty said this

PM From (34) Brian Beatty: You told me you had 30mil, so nice try

I never told anything like that and maybe i had sometime ago more than 30m but i gave alot of cash away and yesteday i had 16m now i have 1M

So what the fuck went wrong even all of the guys havent lose their money but i was. and there said if you have more than 20m!

and beatty repeating me that no refunds no refunds , seriosly if you guys made an misstake then you guys fix it

And if seriosly there will be no refund given i just simply use the quit button cause this isnt fair at all.... I understand that misstakes happens but alot of my friends have 20m and i have 1m what i could say...

+ If you want logs i could show you my payday logs from yesteday and from today and you could notice the difference now im getting -7000 , yesteday i got + 50k

Jaketsui

Donator
Donator
Well thats bullshit. Example i have 23m and i didnt lose anything and he lost everything and wont get refunded?? Total Bullshit.... If you mess up fix it -.-

All that was done was a mixup in the SQL where ello set every avtive member that had over 20 Mil back to 20 mil. It shouldn't affect anyone else after that. If it did, there might be another issue which is currently unknown. Unless you lose money in a diffrent way.

HelenMagnusAkaJamesB

Donator
Donator
It just would be nice if someone would fix this.

Payday Logs Today ( When i have 1m ):
2013-05-04 20:00:19 -------------------------- PAY SLIP --------------------------

2013-05-04 20:00:19 Bank Interest: $7,521 (0.4%)

2013-05-04 20:00:19 Vehicle Tax: $3,605

2013-05-04 20:00:19 Tickets: $6,936

2013-05-04 20:00:19 Property Expenses: $1,697

2013-05-04 20:00:19 ------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-05-04 20:00:19 Gross Income: $-4,717

2013-05-04 20:00:19 Remark(s): Taking from your bank account.

2013-05-04 20:00:19 ------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesteday ( when i had 16m ):
2013-05-03 18:01:11 -------------------------- PAY SLIP --------------------------

2013-05-03 18:01:11 Bank Interest: $63,287 (0.4%)

2013-05-03 18:01:11 Vehicle Tax: $3,605

2013-05-03 18:01:11 Property Expenses: $1,697

2013-05-03 18:01:11 ------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-05-03 18:01:11 Gross Income: $57,985

2013-05-03 18:01:11 Remark(s): Transfered to your bank account.

2013-05-03 18:01:11 ------------------------------------------------------------------

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Alright so i made an report about that i lost my cash cause i had lower than 20m already like 16m and then beatty said this

PM From (34) Brian Beatty: You told me you had 30mil, so nice try

I never told anything like that and maybe i had sometime ago more than 30m but i gave alot of cash away and yesteday i had 16m now i have 1M

That's my bad, mixed a PM I got here on the forums. Far too many sent today.. PM'ing every admin won't help you any, as we can't do anything.

So to everyone, stop PM'ing us In-Game or on the forums :D That's like asking the Mayor to undo something the President did.

HelenMagnusAkaJamesB

Donator
Donator
That's my bad, mixed a PM I got here on the forums. Far too many sent today.. PM'ing every admin won't help you any, as we can't do anything.

So to everyone, stop PM'ing us In-Game or on the forums :D

But hopefully this gets fixed cause this aint right at all... even ello says no refunds but this should really be refunded cause this went very very very wrong.. + I didnt pm i made an report whic you accepted :D then i pmed to you

sUp5rET.png