sUp5rET.png

Why are OOC Insults bad?

Bsmith

Banned User
OOC Insults​

Why are OOC Insults bad? have you ever asked yourself, or anyone else why they're bad? Do you currently think that they're not bad, and that OOC insults are completely alright? Well here's a few reasons why they're bad, and hopefully if you think they're acceptable, this will change your mind.

OOC Insults are bad because..

1. Would you like to go to a school, favorite hang out place, or even in your own house, and be insulted by other people? I know I wouldn't and neither do other people. And neither would people like it to happen on the server. It makes people feel uncomfortable on the server, unwanted, and disrespected. Your insults just don't affect you, it also affects the server, and makes it a bad environment for everyone.

2. OOC Insults affect you as well, whether you're aware of it or not. If you're punished by an administrator for OOC Insults, it goes on your permanent admin history. Once something is on your admin history, it is there permanently. With a bad admin history, you will find it fairly hard to join a faction, become an administrator, become a GM, etc.

3. Administrator Jail, the majority of OOC Insults last for a few seconds before you are admin jailed. Was that OOC Insult worth 15 Minutes (just as an example) of your gaming time in jail? Just for that few seconds you took to insult someone? I personally disagree, it is not.

4. Makes the server look bad. Having people walking around calling each other hurtful names makes the server look bad, and it makes us look disrespectful and un-concerned for others people feelings.

5. OOC Insults make yourself look bad, it makes you look like a mean disrespectful person, who has no concern for other. You will find it hard to make friends, join a faction, or just hang around the server if you're mean. No one like a mean person.

How to stop yourself from OOC Insulting someone?

Well here is a few suggestions that I use.

1. If you have the sudden urge, or are really feeling like insulting someone, and you've began typing the insult. Once you get to that word enter in some periods. "Example: You're a ....." that way you do not insult the person, and it will make you feel better that you had stopped yourself from typing those very hurtful words.

2. If you are not in a roleplay and are talking to someone OOCly and you feel the need to insult the person for whatever reason has triggered you, immediately press escape and click quit, then come back in a few minutes when you've cooled down.

3. If you are feeling the need to insult someone and feel as if you don't do something soon that you might snap and insult them, have something prepared beside you, lets say a pillow for example. Punch the pillow, strangle the pillow, bite the pillow, even scream at the pillow if you have to. This tip here will relieve you from your stress. (Please don't go punching doors, walls, humans or anything that can get you in trouble.)

My personal story of OOC Insults.

The other week I insulted someone after a very long confutation over OOC Chat, I snapped and called the person a "nub". Right now I currently have a permanent admin history record on me. And you know what I'm embarrassed of it. I feel very bad for the person that I've insulted, and I'm sure they felt hurt when I called them that. So I'm asking you guys, do you really want to end up like what happened to me? I don't, I wish I could go back and change what I did but I can't. So the next time you go and think about OOC Insulting, remember my thread, and remember my story.

Thanks for reading this.

I haven't read it entirely, but a few points.

OOC insults is indeed bad, Of course we all snap at some point at start to call out names, but there's one thing you are never aware of.

You do not know who is behind the computer screen. I mean, I can handle a few insults, but others can't. I can say "You're such an asshole" to a god friend of mine, but not to a stranger.

I like the thread, great job.

sUp5rET.png