sUp5rET.png

Gaining a Larger Stable Playerbase

derbi

<i><b><span style="color:#0077FF;"t>Estonian<br />
Donator
Ello doesnt want to move thats why, players wants to move thats the thing. I think everything can be changed if Ello listens players ONCE

Malachi

Professionalism and maturity from admins and GMs is crucial, and is quite often overlooked. It is a problem that plagues every server, not just this one. The admins or the staff in general is the face of the server, a mature administrator whom acts with professionalism in every single one of his reports portrays a organized, professional, and a generally prominent community which will in turn give a incoming player a quality impression of the server. For example, say Administrator A accepts a report and says, "wots up?, what du need?" when contacting the reporter, and Administrator B says, "Hello there, how may I be of assistance?". Which administrator do you think will be giving the server a good impression? Obviously Administrator B. Being professional, rather than being lazy will make players think of the administrator of more authority rather than someone to do a task for them, and is likely to stay.

The economy obviously needs help, take getting 1 vPoint every hour during times when 20 players or more are on for example. If that player has a couple other friends, they could easily rack up 1 million within the first 3 hours of playing. They did not do anything at all to earn it. This server is constantly criticized for it's donator perks, and please do not get me wrong, I completely understand why we need donations. Overload needs to be able to keep up with the recurring server bills to keep this community alive, but that isn't stopping us from reforming the gosh forsaken thing. I suggest we remove the Play-To-Win perks, $1,000,000 for 10 vPoints, speedmods, and donator vehicles, replacing them with new perks that will still make people want to donate but do not infringe on another player's roleplay experience. As for the current "statwhores" or "moneywhores", we should do a complete server wipe. This is needed because even taking away money from the players with 200 million dollars will not help. They probably own 15+ V12 or V16 cars and properties to match. We should compensate donators for donations within the past 6-8 months, giving them at the least 50% of their paid vPoints back (whether they spent it or not, it does not matter). Finally, owners/leaders of factions can be re-evaluated and placed back in their position if deemed fit. Having sometimes just a meager 10 people on or less during what should be peak hours is just heartbreaking. Just think about it, there is no way MTA:RP is going to be the server it used to be...but if we do these things maybe we can be close to what we were, having our old friends return and roleplay with us, and have real RP on the server again.

Last edited by a moderator:

AaronM

<b><span style="color:#21c821;"t>Top Donator</b><b
Donator
I know a Server Reset would help a lot of things but surely this is what makes people leave and continues to have the playerbase of 1/2?

Mr.H

Malachi : 1st: I completely agree with that and to add something else on this point , there's a "tiny" problem when there are 15 players online and 7-8 of them are GM'S and/or admins who all of them are on duty.
2nd: Economy is indeed too unstable , players with 10k and players with 200m can be found....Although , a server money wipe would bring even more problems.I'd suggest wiping money in percentage.What I mean is that , players with 0-1m shall stay with it.10m shall go to pike 6,5-7,5m.Above 10m-25m shall take max 10m even less depending on what they own.25 and above shall drop to 20 , 25 and max 30m.
So basically for a start the most rich players will drop to 30 and those are still a lot , but it's only for the start , check how donators will react. If there's a problem like our economy right now we can drop those numbers even more to like max 15 and so on until we reach a stage where everything is gonna be balanced.
3rd : Donator perks shall be changed A LOT.Adding perks like no fees to taxi's or free gas or free tolls..would definitely do it.
PS The numbers in my economy suggestion are just for example , can be changed and all....

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Ello doesnt want to move thats why, players wants to move thats the thing. I think everything can be changed if Ello listens players ONCE

Its not just me.. there was a legitimate vote, that failed..
If everyone could agree on something and show me it would legitimately work, id support the idea. but throwing out ideas that have already been voted down, and already failed only show me no one has any real ideas.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Its not just me.. there was a legitimate vote, that failed..
If everyone could agree on something and show me it would legitimately work, id support the idea. but throwing out ideas that have already been voted down, and already failed only show me no one has any real ideas.

Most people want to move to RC atm, and if we threw up an official vote, hopefully it would decide the servers primary location for a long term period

DrJoseEvil

Donator
He's only the "best RP'er on the server" because it's the only person who wants to roleplay with you and you roleplay with, because most people are scared to roleplay with you apparently
(What I've been told from a few people)

Jokes Jokes, I just love a bit of banter. <3 <3

- Red County might be good.

I don't even roleplay with him, I've rp'd with him ONCE outside idlewood motel.

How are people afraid to roleplay with me? People only try to instigate me ICly, and provoke reactions from me because they know I'm immersive with my roleplay. I honestly just want to roleplay with people, I'm never hostile ICly unless someone becomes hostile first.

TreyDot

Professionalism and maturity from admins and GMs is crucial, and is quite often overlooked. It is a problem that plagues every server, not just this one. The admins or the staff in general is the face of the server, a mature administrator whom acts with professionalism in every single one of his reports portrays a organized, professional, and a generally prominent community which will in turn give a incoming player a quality impression of the server. For example, say Administrator A accepts a report and says, "wots up?, what du need?" when contacting the reporter, and Administrator B says, "Hello there, how may I be of assistance?". Which administrator do you think will be giving the server a good impression? Obviously Administrator B. Being professional, rather than being lazy will make players think of the administrator of more authority rather than someone to do a task for them, and is likely to stay.

The economy obviously needs help, take getting 1 vPoint every hour during times when 20 players or more are on for example. If that player has a couple other friends, they could easily rack up 1 million within the first 3 hours of playing. They did not do anything at all to earn it. This server is constantly criticized for it's donator perks, and please do not get me wrong, I completely understand why we need donations. Overload needs to be able to keep up with the recurring server bills to keep this community alive, but that isn't stopping us from reforming the gosh forsaken thing. I suggest we remove the Play-To-Win perks, $1,000,000 for 10 vPoints, speedmods, and donator vehicles, replacing them with new perks that will still make people want to donate but do not infringe on another player's roleplay experience. As for the current "statwhores" or "moneywhores", we should do a complete server wipe. This is needed because even taking away money from the players with 200 million dollars will not help. They probably own 15+ V12 or V16 cars and properties to match. We should compensate donators for donations within the past 6-8 months, giving them at the least 50% of their paid vPoints back (whether they spent it or not, it does not matter). Finally, owners/leaders of factions can be re-evaluated and placed back in their position if deemed fit. Having sometimes just a meager 10 people on or less during what should be peak hours is just heartbreaking. Just think about it, there is no way MTA:RP is going to be the server it used to be...but if we do these things maybe we can be close to what we were, having our old friends return and roleplay with us, and have real RP on the server again.

Bravo, man. I agree with you, the only thing I would want to say something about is the professionalism.

While I agree that a air of professionalism is needed in order to make a good impression on the newcomers, there should be a somewhat relaxed tone also so that the newcomers will recognize the staff as a welcoming committee and not as a group of excessively uptight administrators that exist solely to enforce the rules (despite the contrary). I think the current admins are fine if active enough, because as I said, they were very helpful and friendly. Just need to be whipped into shape, ya' know? No disrespect of course to the staff.

By the way, Thanks for the compliments, guys! I feel good about every single thing even if it means just trivial hobbies like roleplaying/games.

Malachi

I'm indifferent about moving to RC, we really need a sizable change in the economy. I suggest we have a whole community TS meeting and voice our opionions with the owner directly.

DrJoseEvil

Donator
I'm indifferent about moving to RC, we really need a sizable change in the economy. I suggest we have a whole community TS meeting and voice our opionions with the owner directly.

A TS meeting would be unstable. PD and Admin meetings are hard to control after a while of talking, why not a Q&A Thread directly addressed to Overload (with his permission)

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
I gotta stop blaming the 5 players per day we're having this week on school, even though that's one of the reasons, but the other community still gets 100 players they haven't dropped due to school, because people there look forward everyday to finish their homework and get online for some virtual action that mimics real life.
they don't find that here.

the problem isn't with los santos or red county, the problem's with how the server's economy was based, there is no way to fix it and there's no time to complain about how I have 200 houses and 200 mouses

Just move to red county

Malachi

A TS meeting would be unstable. PD and Admin meetings are hard to control after a while of talking, why not a Q&A Thread directly addressed to Overload (with his permission)

I believe TS is better rather than the forums because on there you can have more of an active discussion rather than reply, reply.

sUp5rET.png