sUp5rET.png

Gaining a Larger Stable Playerbase

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
I believe TS is better rather than the forums because on there you can have more of an active discussion rather than reply, reply.

TS meetings are more like everyone talks over eachother and you end up muting your sound cuz you'll get a headache

Bartiex

Alright so what I think that should be done is the following:

Economy Wise -

As we all know the economy is very... Very out of order in the community due to the community being up for four years, and due to the many donator perks people have gained money, and then gained more money and did that a thousand times more which then keeps them right at the top with some resting with a sum of 100 million plus (This is absurd) due to this one new player may have fifteen thousand dollars whilst another 10000x that. This needs to be sorted out if anything is going to be better on the server.

It would be a valid thing to do if each person on the server had 50-75% removed from their sum of money in their bank accounts. Possibly players with less than 50 grand can only go down to 6-8 grand max. This is an example on how this would impact a persons bank account.

((Calculations in the spoilers))

Person 1 - $100,000,000

50% of 100,000,000 = 50,000,000
25% of 1000,000,000 = 25,000,000

50,000,000 + 25,000,000 = 75,000,000

Take the above from the final answer...

Answer = $75,000,000

((Or just take away 3 quarters of 100 Million since each quarter is 25 Million))
After deduction of 75% - $25,000,000

Person 2 - $75,000

50% of 75,000 = 37,500
25% of 75,000 = 18,750

37,500 + 18,750 = $56,250

Answer = $56,250
After deduction of 75% - $56,250

If something like what is said above would be done it would help the economy in a great way! It wouldn't matter if you've lost money either as the taxes would then be lowered, prices of things EVERYTHING would have to be re-arranged to meet the new economy's standards. Plus, people would actually care for money, having 1 Million now is nothing having 1 Million if the economy was altered would really be something.

Roleplay Wise -

People do not want to Roleplay because it's too easy to get a VPoint and use it in F7 to get money, cars, guns, drugs. They don't HAVE to roleplay which is what's ruining everything this is a roleplay server after all. Furthermore, it's very easy to use a Summer Bundle to get anything you imagine. Why would you want to join a community that is basically a ghost town unless you are LUCKY to meet some role players, would you join a community like that as a new player? Of course you wouldn't. That's the point, harder to gain money, cars, guns, drugs = better for the community = better for everybody. I'm not saying remove donations entirely but remove donation perks, so donations aren't the thing that runs EVERYTHING!

You cannot force roleplay, you have to put people in the right environment & mindset to stimulate it.

That's really all I have to say, wait actually no.

Server Reset: Not sure but what I am sure about is people will need re compensations, people will be butt hurt & people WILL want their stuff back... However this would mean we'd all start at square one NOBODY AT ALL would be better than the next person.

((It's also a valid point to remove some V12-V16 vehicles and provide re-compensations & make Vpoints cost a whole shit ton lot more possibly, don't know if that would be compatible if the economy thing I suggested was to be implemented))

Okay now that's all I have to say, wait no...

Drugs & Guns: Wipe some guns possibly and give out guns to people that need them (Admins should monitor this), and give the right & realistic guns to the people that need them. You aren't going to see a prostitute character with a rifle or an M4, you aren't going to see a hobo with an M4 or a rifle, you are going to see a mafia member with an M4, assault rifles, snipers (Not really Rifles...) shotguns not really, mafias tend to have bigger better weapons (They have pistols but that's a square one weapon) rednecks with shotguns, rifles etc... Just realism, realism is the key... Valid points to own a weapon are also a key. Higher prices in ammunations, also a key.

Give drugs an actual use instead of being useless, unless there is a higher player-base and people want to roleplay drugs ain't nobody gonna use them. Drugs won't be used unless people want to roleplay again or there's use for them.

Okay, now that is all I have to say I'm pretty sure!

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
ts meeting - last time we had one it gave me 100% stage 3 diabetes.
and i agree with everything bartiex
but
no matter what everyone is gonna end up with an M4 or some isis gun in the end anyways, so no point of just straight wiping every gun.
and basically anyone could get a weapon of their choice. got a sniper? rp taking the scope off and you might just get urself a rifle spawned.
and the money cut down should only affect people with more than 10 million.
ex. drop bahey's 200m to 50m exdee

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
the last TS meeting gave me stage 10 gonorrhea..

basically we've based most of the server upon being rich and having the most V16's and v12s. I can't hate on the fact that we wanted some uniqueness, isntead of copying others, but now there's not enough diversity. (and seriously, the 75pwr? really?)
Cutting money and deleting cars would only be a temporary fix, as people would just regain it, even if you tax more.

any sort of gang roleplay has died, since everyone's focused on being the richest or the best. again, cutting money would just delay the inevitable.

I really don't think there's much to do that can fix it. If there was some more diversity and impressiveness, maybe. But most of the time, driving past a block and seeing 20 of the same cars in 3 different houses is boring and repetitive. (don't even get me started on compounds, please)

at the moment 70% of the active player base are Donald Trump wannabes, lol.

Most of these suggestions are just ways to cover a really big hole.

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
ex. drop bahey's 200m to 50m exdee
a5d8d54c461a4ed8a8acf59629b25b32.png

1350275778260_0.png

538.jpg

q33fSoy.jpg

Emilio

Donator
Donator
Remove all mappings, wipe the whole server, remove all the car mods. And move to Red County.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
The problem I have is finding people in game to roleplay with, With Los Santos being as big as it is with the playerbase so low, it kinda sucks. Red county is much smaller and I really think it would help.

AaronM

<b><span style="color:#21c821;"t>Top Donator</b><b
Donator
I don't even roleplay with him, I've rp'd with him ONCE outside idlewood motel.

How are people afraid to roleplay with me? People only try to instigate me ICly, and provoke reactions from me because they know I'm immersive with my roleplay. I honestly just want to roleplay with people, I'm never hostile ICly unless someone becomes hostile first.

Im joking, you take thing so seriously <3

The problem I have is finding people in game to roleplay with, With Los Santos being as big as it is with the playerbase so low, it kinda sucks. Red county is much smaller and I really think it would help.

10/10 <3

AaronM

Donator
TS meetings are more like everyone talks over eachother and you end up muting your sound cuz you'll get a headache

There is a permission for that my friend.

I believe it's called, Talk Power Revoked on your server groups. Mute everyone going, unmute 1 by 1.

AaronM

Donator
Alright so what I think that should be done is the following:

Economy Wise -

As we all know the economy is very... Very out of order in the community due to the community being up for four years, and due to the many donator perks people have gained money, and then gained more money and did that a thousand times more which then keeps them right at the top with some resting with a sum of 100 million plus (This is absurd) due to this one new player may have fifteen thousand dollars whilst another 10000x that. This needs to be sorted out if anything is going to be better on the server.

It would be a valid thing to do if each person on the server had 50-75% removed from their sum of money in their bank accounts. Possibly players with less than 50 grand can only go down to 6-8 grand max. This is an example on how this would impact a persons bank account.

((Calculations in the spoilers))

Person 1 - $100,000,000

50% of 100,000,000 = 50,000,000
25% of 1000,000,000 = 25,000,000

50,000,000 + 25,000,000 = 75,000,000

Answer = $75,000,000

((Or just take away 3 quarters of 100 Million since each quarter is 25 Million))
After deduction of 75% - $25,000,000

Person 2 - $75,000

50% of 75,000 = 37,500
25% of 75,000 = 18,750

37,500 + 18,750 = $56,250

Answer = $56,250
After deduction of 75% - $56,250

If something like what is said above would be done it would help the economy in a great way! It wouldn't matter if you've lost money either as the taxes would then be lowered, prices of things EVERYTHING would have to be re-arranged to meet the new economy's standards. Plus, people would actually care for money, having 1 Million now is nothing having 1 Million if the economy was altered would really be something.

Roleplay Wise -

People do not want to Roleplay because it's too easy to get a VPoint and use it in F7 to get money, cars, guns, drugs. They don't HAVE to roleplay which is what's ruining everything this is a roleplay server after all. Furthermore, it's very easy to use a Summer Bundle to get anything you imagine. Why would you want to join a community that is basically a ghost town unless you are LUCKY to meet some role players, would you join a community like that as a new player? Of course you wouldn't. That's the point, harder to gain money, cars, guns, drugs = better for the community = better for everybody. I'm not saying remove donations entirely but remove donation perks, so donations aren't the thing that runs EVERYTHING!

You cannot force roleplay, you have to put people in the right environment & mindset to stimulate it.

That's really all I have to say, wait actually no.

Server Reset: Not sure but what I am sure about is people will need re compensations, people will be butt hurt & people WILL want their stuff back... However this would mean we'd all start at square one NOBODY AT ALL would be better than the next person.

((It's also a valid point to remove some V12-V16 vehicles and provide re-compensations & make Vpoints cost a whole shit ton lot more possibly, don't know if that would be compatible if the economy thing I suggested was to be implemented))

Okay now that's all I have to say, wait no...

Drugs & Guns: Wipe some guns possibly and give out guns to people that need them (Admins should monitor this), and give the right & realistic guns to the people that need them. You aren't going to see a prostitute character with a rifle or an M4, you aren't going to see a hobo with an M4 or a rifle, you are going to see a mafia member with an M4, assault rifles, snipers (Not really Rifles...) shotguns not really, mafias tend to have bigger better weapons (They have pistols but that's a square one weapon) rednecks with shotguns, rifles etc... Just realism, realism is the key... Valid points to own a weapon are also a key. Higher prices in ammunations, also a key.

Give drugs an actual use instead of being useless, unless there is a higher player-base and people want to roleplay drugs ain't nobody gonna use them. Drugs won't be used unless people want to roleplay again or there's use for them.

Okay, now that is all I have to say I'm pretty sure!

Meh...

I mean, I see where you're coming from but surely deleting everything or anything will make some people rage quit? (lol)

(but Bahey's cash, ye drop it to around 50m).

Also the vPoints on the F5 should be minimum of like 200,000$ because people gain cash via that. Buy for 130,000$ and then sell for 175,000$. (This may help a little? but not a lot. It's the small things that will help the biggens.)

NamE

<b><span style="color:#0099FF";>Feelsbadman</b><br
Donator
@Malachi

[video=youtube;KoCmqjvccaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoCmqjvccaQ[/video]

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
Just saying if a reset would be done or a balance.
- Remove 0,75% perk.
- Remove no property tax perk
- Keep no car tax perk - we dont actually care how many cars you got. Just dont buy all the properties.
- Set max payslip income to 20,000$. Getting money out of nowhere is kinda weird or what.
Making a script where the interest would depend on the money what you have in the bank. The more, the lower the percentage is.
- Adjust the pay of the current jobs, as I heard you can make 60k per hour with the coach job - lol.
- Make the bitcoin cost of the drugs cheaper to promote drug RP.

Mr.Foo

Why not ''factory reset'' the server.
I have 2 hours on 1 character with 1m on it only because I patricipated in an event and won 5 vPoints, wich is unfair in my opinion.

derbi

<i><b><span style="color:#0077FF;"t>Estonian<br />
Donator
Have you askd it from Ello what he thinks about reset?

sUp5rET.png