MTA:RP Forum Legend
Introducing mapping process

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
Current mapping implementation works this way:
-Request the map implementation via UCP
-Once accepted it'll be implemented in-game in matter of seconds.

What I propose is we make a better, more realistic process of how maps will be implemented, something like this:
-Instead of going to the UCP, you go to a construction business property in-game (which will be lead by administrators) and make a request for building your map. I suggest scripting a custom NPC that'll take your requests (name of map, details, description, images and .map file).
-The leaders of the construction business can review the requests at anytime, and can accept/deny them. (Once decided you'd get a letter on your character saying your map "bla bla" was accepted/declined)
-If accepted, there'd start a passive RP of construction workers building your mapping by surrounding the place with fences and putting cranes and construction vehicles around it. The mapping will take from 2-7 days to be built, depending on the size of your mapping and objects. (I know that's unrealistic but who would wait months or even years for a mapping to be built?)

Advantages/Benefits
-More realism
-New roleplay business => Construction workers, architects (for maps), construction leaders

Disadvantages
-None I can think of?

Does it require scripting?
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[X] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted. (I'll be willing to do it)

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
-Scripting the NPC
-Starting up the construction business
-Voila

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Oh yeah just like that one construction company that was ran before and closed down within 2 months.

not needed. -1

DrJoseEvil

Donator

This is quite un-needed. We have to be patient to when we accept a map. We arent going to add a map if you arent ingame to pay for it, and vice versa

IlikeTrains

Banned User
Neutral

I like this idea, at the moment is seems like certain people are able to get there mapping ideas processed & implemented immediately while others seems to wait a ridiculously long time. Its a good idea but the faction appears to have no real reason to take part in the RP other than to just stand there and do some passive RP (not complaining about passive RP) . Its a good idea but too boring to RP, I would advise to take this concept and re invent it (you dont have to take my suggestions) in a different way.

What I would like to see here is a processing system for mapped building to overlook the whole process by:

Making sure that the size of the building and interior is correct
Making sure that the building has no unrealistic elements to it
Setting a price on the building for taxation purposes
Help with mapping for players who aren't able to do it
A place where PD could get ahold of public record blueprints as it would help with strategic SWAT raids

I will finish on this, we do need some system for mapping implemented as it seems like the stat whores are able to build whatever they want, whenever they want and get it put in very quickly, this does not happen IRL, there should be at least someone looking over these people to make sure its not crazy. This is the way its done in real life, we are an RP server.... why dont we have this?

Legend

Luka

Saying "unneeded" for the currently most unrealistic feature in-game is just silly. This idea would promote legal roleplay by a lot, but I guess that is no longer a possibility here? Stop being close-minded if you want to make the server better...

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
-Who will pay the construction company?

-Can you assure there will be admins to build it RPly as I rarely see one.

I would love to work in a construction company.. I can see Pablo Gonzales making a comeback

Erron

Ofc +1 don't even make a suggestion for such things
PS Where's Jockeyz , haven't seen him lately lolz

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Here's th first issue. Ran by administrators. Why? Allow players the immerse into their own community by giving them a shot to do things as well. Everything being ran by admins is part of the issue already. Giving plays an opportunity will be the first step to a better community. Find the right person and then there won't be issues.

Anyways +1

Luka

No, no, no, no, no, no, no ,no ,no, NO! -1

Reason?

Anyway, there are many ways of how to make this happen, it is just YOUR will to do it. All I see are bunch of close-minded people that don't seem to care about bringing in new types of roleplay. We won't progress with such decisions. Think.

derbi

<i><b><span style="color:#0077FF;"t>Estonian<br />
Donator
-1, we don't need that longer waiting time. When i be honest Red County for life. That update wont bring people back, and maybe that brings when people can choose who is worth to get promoted as admin. There is so many lead+ admins who are so inactive and there is a lot of super admins who deservs to be lead+ than other leads right now!

Malachi

Here's th first issue. Ran by administrators. Why? Allow players the immerse into their own community by giving them a shot to do things as well. Everything being ran by admins is part of the issue already. Giving plays an opportunity will be the first step to a better community. Find the right person and then there won't be issues.

Anyways +1

I agree about the admin thing, players should be allowed to dwell into the profession they would prefer. Allowing more diversity in what a player can do to earn money like I have seen recently with these updates for farming, ecretra.

Erron

I guess realism is not our benefit right..We're just a Roleplay server , don't you agree?

Everyone is bored waiting for their property just because they get it instantly with this UCP system.

DrJoseEvil

Donator
Saying "unneeded" for the currently most unrealistic feature in-game is just silly. This idea would promote legal roleplay by a lot, but I guess that is no longer a possibility here? Stop being close-minded if you want to make the server better...

No faction is going to be taking a administrative position. Noone knows how to build a home or renovate a interior 100% realistically, nor will anyone be assed to rp it fully by themselves. This is to complicated, and its a un-needed option

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png