MTA is Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Its pretty sad... When a small percentage can Ruin it for everyone else... Of course we are getting hit with DDoS attacks, and I expect that, Tons of people talk, Most of them without know the first thing of what their talking about, And several times in the past I have been accused of DDoSing, even tho i do not, and no one has one ounce of proof that I have. Yes i know some people who do.. But I dont.. I have played with LOIC in the past, but that's all.. And that couldn't take down my home internet lol.

So, During this Downtime i figured that I would scurry on over to CIT and kill some time, and I cant even connect nor log in, due to none other than: Network Trouble...

Its sad when, What i assume is someone who FAILED at making a successful server, so their just trying to take down all the servers that succeed?
Its ridiculous that we are paying 600$/month right now for proper DDoS Protection and they are just buying bigger booters. We are NOT going to upgrade again.. MTA is barely worth 600/month. Donations or not, its unreasonable. Its sad that the community of MTA is just full of ddosers, and useless fucks. Sorry for my language.

We should explore other games to add to our community, because MTA is obviously a lost cause at this point.. i hate to give up on it, But I am done putting out MORE money to attempt to stop little kids who are trying to compensate for their penis size.

For every 100$ we spend for DDOS Protection, They can buy another 1Gbps for like 20$.

Now, I dont mean shutting down the MTA server, No we will leave it online.. But we may as well cancel our DDoS protection.. We get the same results with or without it..

If you have any other games you would like to see within our community, Let us know! we may invest in another server, one that wont have ddos protection, But wont need it because it is not in the MTA Community....

Thanks!
Overload

pickens

And ello what about the people like me who has thousands and millions of stuff and money and have donated probably over 200 bucks and yah

Chaoss

The real MVP
+100000000000000000000 For a GMOD server of anykind. Whether it be a TTT server or a Sandbox server I don't care i just want to play on Garry's Mod with this community and alot of users come from or already have Garry's Mod. That would be the best way to go in my opinion. But a Dayz server would be cool aswell.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
I just want to add. THIS DOES NOT SAY THE MTA SERVER IS CLOSING

[7:55:09 PM] eLst //: Looks like the end is near.
[7:56:26 PM] ¯̿ ̿|̿ ̿ |̶ ̶ ̶ ̶| |̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ͇̿_ Ello (Overload): It clearly said that were not ENDING the server
[7:56:27 PM] ¯̿ ̿|̿ ̿ |̶ ̶ ̶ ̶| |̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ͇̿_ Ello (Overload): lol
[7:56:34 PM] ¯̿ ̿|̿ ̿ |̶ ̶ ̶ ̶| |̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ͇̿_ Ello (Overload): but we may as well just cancel the protection
[7:56:38 PM] ¯̿ ̿|̿ ̿ |̶ ̶ ̶ ̶| |̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ͇̿_ Ello (Overload): we get the same results either way
[7:56:42 PM] ¯̿ ̿|̿ ̿ |̶ ̶ ̶ ̶| |̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ͇̿_ Ello (Overload): and we can pay a LOT less
[7:56:49 PM] eLst //: i thought you did that anyway.
[7:56:50 PM] ¯̿ ̿|̿ ̿ |̶ ̶ ̶ ̶| |̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ͇̿_ Ello (Overload): we could lower our monthly cost to 200$
[7:56:53 PM] ¯̿ ̿|̿ ̿ |̶ ̶ ̶ ̶| |̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ͇̿_ Ello (Overload): from 600
[7:56:56 PM] ¯̿ ̿|̿ ̿ |̶ ̶ ̶ ̶| |̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ͇̿_ Ello (Overload): no, i havent yet
[7:57:00 PM] ¯̿ ̿|̿ ̿ |̶ ̶ ̶ ̶| |̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ͇̿_ Ello (Overload): Yet

I merely suggested we cancel the DDoS Protection, And save ourselves around $400/month.. We are getting null routed either way, with or without it.

My point is: Less fucks are being given, lets do something else. But i wont close MTA.... MTA will be up as long as you guys play on it.

Last edited:

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
I'm finding it sad to see MTA RP falling to the ground, but I do quite much agree because when is this DDoS-war ever going to end?... It's throwing money out of the window, I agree with you there, but yet it's still such a huge damn shame to "give up" as I think everybody else here agrees with me that this is the best MTA RolePlay server so it really would be a shame if we ended up giving up on it.
Garry's Mod would be a pretty nice game, except for the fact that RP sucks in Garry's Mod, at least DarkRP does. In DarkRP there's nothing called "metagaming" lol. But yeah I'd say go for it, try to become a multi-gaming community, that would indeed be nice and we would always have a game to play if the MTA server is down lol. However, my intuition still tells me that even if we launched other servers in other games, they would still DDoS us because of the fact they just generally hates THIS community, so it doesn't really matter if it changes to another game, or if it expands or whatever it does, I still think they'd DDoS us.

Anyway, let me know if there's anything I can do.

Also I DON'T understand why Staminus can't possibly track them down or something like that, this is Cyber Crime, really.. :/

You should consider reporting them

http://www.cyberresponseagency.com/

CookieMonster

I have played gmod for 2043 hours and what I know that gmod is also a DDoS war with some type of gamemodes that are leaks and other things....

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
I'm finding it sad to see MTA RP falling to the ground, but I do quite much agree because when is this DDoS-war ever going to end?... It's throwing money out of the window, I agree with you there, but yet it's still such a huge damn shame to "give up" as I think everybody else here agrees with me that this is the best MTA RolePlay server so it really would be a shame if we ended up giving up on it.
Garry's Mod would be a pretty nice game, except for the fact that RP sucks in Garry's Mod, at least DarkRP does. In DarkRP there's nothing called "metagaming" lol. But yeah I'd say go for it, try to become a multi-gaming community, that would indeed be nice and we would always have a game to play if the MTA server is down lol. However, my intuition still tells me that even if we launched other servers in other games, they would still DDoS us because of the fact they just generally hates THIS community, so it doesn't really matter if it changes to another game, or if it expands or whatever it does, I still think they'd DDoS us.

Anyway, let me know if there's anything I can do.

Also I DON'T understand why Staminus can't possibly track them down or something like that, this is Cyber Crime, really.. :/

You should consider reporting them

http://www.cyberresponseagency.com/

We talked to staminus, and they basically told us that they have 0 power on the matter.. All they can do is try to slow it, or mitigate it.. The only way they could full on get the power to track them down, and sue or get them in trouble is if the ddos actually ruined something... Which it dosent, DDoS dosent do any physical damage at all.. They sent out a Mass email about one of their servers being hit with 100Gbps this weekend, but didnt hurt a thing, just slowed everyone down lol.

Camega

Donator
Donator
Maybe we could look into making our own RP script for Garry's Mod similar to the one we have in MTA?

I came from the Gmod roleplaying community, and the community I was in charge of for a while developed their own RP script and it was pretty impressive when you compare it to things like the unserious roleplay you get there.

The only one serious roleplay server in Gmod that I know is Taco n Banana, and that is Half Life 2: Roleplay. I think we have enough resources to fill a big demand, and gap in the Gmod community.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
It'd be extremely sad to see such a good MTA server just go to shit.. Man..
A few games that would be cool to have:
1. World of Warcraft
2. GTA IV
3. GTA VC
4. Maybe something like APB reloaded.

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
We talked to staminus, and they basically told us that they have 0 power on the matter.. All they can do is try to slow it, or mitigate it.. The only way they could full on get the power to track them down, and sue or get them in trouble is if the ddos actually ruined something... Which it dosent, DDoS dosent do any physical damage at all.. They sent out a Mass email about one of their servers being hit with 100Gbps this weekend, but didnt hurt a thing, just slowed everyone down lol.
Yeah that's true :/ - this might be the one time in our lives where we actually want DDoS to make physical damage lol

Maybe we could look into making our own RP script for Garry's Mod similar to the one we have in MTA?

I came from the Gmod roleplaying community, and the community I was in charge of for a while developed their own RP script and it was pretty impressive when you compare it to things like the unserious roleplay you get there.

The only one serious roleplay server in Gmod that I know is Taco n Banana, and that is Half Life 2: Roleplay. I think we have enough resources to fill a big demand, and gap in the Gmod community.
I don't know.. Yeah GMod RP CAN be alright sometimes, but it gets boring way too fast and there'll never be the same possibilities as in MTA or even SA-MP :/

Camega

Donator
Donator
I don't know.. Yeah GMod RP CAN be alright sometimes, but it gets boring way too fast and there'll never be the same possibilities as in MTA or even SA-MP :/

People could say that about MTA. It's because it's so well scripted and put into place that it works. If you apply the same mechanics that we have here to Gmod, then the experience could partially be brought over.

pittfan498

Donator
Donator
IDEA ELLO!!! Lets start a Secondlife Sim, I mean yea it's a game for looser but IT'S FREE and ANY computer can run it. We completely merge the god damn server from MTA to SL, I mean, completely merge, if you are police chief, you're police chief here, if you're fire fighter chief, you're fire fighter chief there, go on youtube and look at stuffs.

BobbyZ

Donator
Donator
I'd rather move to SA:MP than go somewhere else tbh...

NO FU PEW PEW. If MTA:RP died, then i shall end my long journey i had while playing MTA. I would quit MTA and just play on consoles or buy a new powerful PC and play some games that i never played before, like Arma 2 or some shit like that.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
We have some pretty nice scripts for MTA, i dont see any reason to close it or move... SAMP would be ok, but we can't convert what we have to SAMP.

I want to leave MTA up, but do something else. And Second life is cool, but i dont really see that being a good idea to merge the PD's and such... You pull from the MTA server for people to go do it in SL... Id much rather just enjoy a hangout island on Second Life and invite everyone to come! lol

Sosa

Donator
Donator
If MTA:RP shuts down then you guys can contact me via skype. Most likely won't be on another game so.. this was my first and last MTA server :p

(I know the servers not shutting down, I'm just saying in time when you find your next thing besides MTA.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png