Not open for further replies.
A

Audi

Leave it at MTA, I have no idea, how to play SAMP.. Please.. :p

Or Keep it up.. and have a server in SAMP. Just leave MTA UUUPPP

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
MTA is staying up. We're talking about other games being added to the community.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
If MTA:RP shuts down then you guys can contact me via skype. Most likely won't be on another game so.. this was my first and last MTA server :p

(I know the servers not shutting down, I'm just saying in time when you find your next thing besides MTA.)

M T A IS NOT CLOSING!

Holy fuck you guys cant read

™ Ice ™

Just saying, but in case that you guys wonder on making a SA:MP server, i can help with mapping and lite-scripting.
I just hope this server won't die, i advise the server owner to simply change the hosting company for a one that actually can handle DDoS attacks.

Stick

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Well.. Staminus can handle it, but there is a price. And as soon as Ello bought a bigger condom for the server.. They just buy a bigger DDOS device. So yeah, not really worth it.

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
Well, SA-MP is the closest we go to MTA, but there's just as much DDoS'ing there as anywhere else, but scripting in SA-MP is easy, however it's just limited what you can do with PAWN anyway.. It wouldn't be possible to make anything like our MTA script at all.

TheGuyNL

Donator
Donator
DDoS'ers are like the Bullies of the internet. They suck, and they will always do. This is for the reason that they just are not able to reach anything in life. And as they cannot do anything good, they think nor anyone else should. So they start DDoS'ing. And I agree with the fact to give up DDoS protection, please do that. I think you are currently wasting money on the protection. Just get a normal server for like $200 a month. Maybe use any money leftover from donations for small servers on other games, like Garry's Mod, DayZ, GTA IV or even Minecraft.

See what you do, but I will try to stay with this community as long as possible, as it contains loads of awesome people!

BobbyZ

Donator
Donator
If MTA:RP shuts down then you guys can contact me via skype. Most likely won't be on another game so.. this was my first and last MTA server :p

(I know the servers not shutting down, I'm just saying in time when you find your next thing besides MTA.)

This is how i feel also..

Again and again.

MTA:RP is not closing down.

We are basically trying to get new games into the community. Now a few inputs
SAMP: I'm fine with that, but SAMP is more likely built for RPG then RP in my eyes.
IV-MP: Not very suitable for RP servers I guess
ARMA2: DayZ please.
GMOD: I love TTT and have never been on RP servers.
Other Steam games: It's possible ofcourse.
Minecraft: Also possible, yet I'm not sure about it.

In addition, I've seen other communities offering the service, BUT.... the servers are not being populated at all since a lot of people stick to the RP side and rather play RP servers. I am not very likely to launch servers that are not being populated. Unless there's a big oppertunity that the servers are full all the time, I don't see a problem.

Of course we can give it a shot, but we have to be realistic. If the servers only got 5 members each day, we are not going to keep it up.

Jockeyzz

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Guys really talking about Gmod RP?
Gmod RP, mostly DM, alot of retardness.
I went from gmod RP to SAMP RP - HUGE DIFFERENCE, the difference in the RP level was like the difference in action level from Hello Kitty to GTA. The RP difference was that huge, and in SAMP there was a RP that actually could call itself for RP.
Then I went from SAMP RP to here. Real huge difference too. Everything works better, and the RP is double as good.

That means, going from MTA to SAMP = half the RP
Going from SAMP to Gmod = one quart of the RP

So if MTARP is 100% RP then SAMP is 50% RP, then gmod RP is 12,5% RP. So a simple warning. If you wanna do a gmod server, don't do RP, there's alot of way more fun shit you can do in gmod, because RP in gmod is the most sucky RP in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png