sUp5rET.png

Server Reset

Reset. (Money/Cars/Vehicles/Perks/F7/F5/Mapping (Not important ones though)/Prices/Starter money/RP+

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
The only way this sort of thing would work (and it would if it was done right), Is if the server was reset, prices set to a realistic price, shitty mapping removed, remove the choice for anyone to have a huge ass compound wherever they want. But the only way it could work, is if the F7 was basically removed, and the only perks allowed would be perks that don't inflate or severely aid your banking. So basically, remove pay 2 win. Remove the donator cars(agera is one big one), and just reset everyone to a good level. Reset as in, Factions, Properties, Money, Vehicles. People can keep their VP and such. Add new opportunities, revamp PD, bring in little jobs and large ones, ect. Add some more RP instead of throwing money at everything lol

Pay2win is what has paid the bills over the last little while, and I understand the need for that. So basically, this isn't happening until it is removed and bills are sorted somehow. But honestly, I'm tired of it. All I do ingame now a days is run from cops, attempt some sort of RP and fail, and then log off. It gets very boring to me. People are constantly running around with M4s, finding ways to go around the FR rule and CK cops. Basically, it is just a R-P-G shoot-em-up and get money server at the moment. (No badmouthing intended)

(Sorry if this isn't completely worded correctly, hopefully you get my point though)

Last edited by a moderator:

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
The only way this sort of thing would work (and it would if it was done right), Is if the server was reset, prices set to a realistic price, shitty mapping removed, remove the choice for anyone to have a huge ass compound wherever they want. But the only way it could work, is if the F7 was basically removed, and the only perks allowed would be perks that don't inflate or severely aid your banking. So basically, remove pay 2 win. Remove the donator cars(agera is one big one), and just reset everyone to a good level. Reset as in, Factions, Properties, Money, Vehicles. People can keep their VP and such. Add new opportunities, revamp PD, bring in little jobs and large ones, ect. Add some more RP instead of throwing money at everything lol

Pay2win is what has paid the bills over the last little while, and I understand the need for that. So basically, this isn't happening until it is removed and bills are sorted somehow. But honestly, I'm tired of it. All I do ingame now a days is run from cops, attempt some sort of RP and fail, and then log off. It gets very boring to me. People are constantly running around with M4s, finding ways to go around the FR rule and CK cops. Basically, it is just a R-P-G shoot-em-up and get money server at the moment. (No badmouthing intended)

(Sorry if this isn't completely worded correctly, hopefully you get my point though)

Thank you, finally someone understands what's going on here. But let's be honest here, the donations are the only reason the server is still up, if you don't trust me go check the 'Donate' section on UCP and tell me if I'm wrong. Summer sale, cheaper vPoints, perks cost 2 times lower than before etc. If it wasn't for donations this server would be long gone, it was always like that, everything based on donations. I'm not badmouthing, and sorry but truth must be faced, not ignored. None of the admins are trying to do jack shit about the server state, economy, RP standards and whatnot, no offense but you're only strong on words here, not actions... Anyhow, I'm not better myself here talking so I'm outta this thread.

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Thank you, finally someone understands what's going on here. But let's be honest here, the donations are the only reason the server is still up, if you don't trust me go check the 'Donate' section on UCP and tell me if I'm wrong. Summer sale, cheaper vPoints, perks cost 2 times lower than before etc. If it wasn't for donations this server would be long gone, it was always like that, everything based on donations. I'm not badmouthing, and sorry but truth must be faced, not ignored. None of the admins are trying to do jack shit about the server state, economy, RP standards and whatnot, no offense but you're only strong on words here, not actions... Anyhow, I'm not better myself here talking so I'm outta this thread.
I agree with you fully. Especially the admin part. I understand the server needs funds to stay alive thought. But you can do something about the admin team, and I'm not bad mouthing but the truth needs to get faced.

But no to the part that your vehicles and money should get removed. They will run out eventually. But just remove the pay to win donation perks. Because the main message that's going to be going around the mta community is "MTA:RP removed pay to win".

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
I feel him.. I got 58 cars and 40 something properties..

TrojanJustin

Donator
Donator
but thats the thing zander i may have so much shit but i won't really care too much if i got reset if everyone else is being :D

Zander

Mmm, Im too much of a stat whore for that. If a good refunding plan would be thought out I would like it. For example.
All money lowered to under a million. Keeping too much money in the server would probally kill the economy soon again.
Having over 10 cars - keeps 3
Having over 30 cars - keeps 5
Having over 50 cars - keeps 7

Problem here comes with the speedmods because I dont think people would like to give them away. Keep 50s refund players a V12 for 10 V12 cars. Basically what Im saying is that its possible but it has to be worked out and thought over.

Having a server reset would promote players to RP and it would remove the collecting payslips gametype what we have at the moment.

Retex

Banned User
Donator
Doing a server reset would lose all the top donators unless a refund is done or compensation is given, not talking on my behalf, but all donators since there is alot

Retex

Banned User
Donator
However, don't get me wrong. A server reset would be beautiful for a change in the server since everyone is rich as fuck, so I'm gonna go with 'what the fuck' but if refund/compensation is given to donators then it's a yes

Retex

Banned User
Donator
i don't think the server should be fully reset. Almost everyone left on the server has valuable stuff they worked hard to obtain and I don't think they'd want countless hours to get something that will just be gone. I think we should divide everyone's money by a set percent, making the economy a bit better. After fixing the economy to make it a bit more realistic, have a minimum sale price for donator items so it doesn't deflate the economy. As for the properties I think the taxes and prices should raise depending on the location and the owners would have a certain time to repurchase them at that set price. Most of the mappings are terrible and non-realistic anyways. I think in order to have a mapping get added, There must be some sort of RP of getting the materials and building some of it. It doesn't have to be really descriptive but at least some efforts are put into it. I think that's a start of raising the RP and will fix most of the things that keeps players from staying on the server.

This is a good idea, however I think everyone's F7 items such as cars and guns should be taken away, replaced by VP refund. I think F7 perks should be removed and replaced. And in-game items should be much more expensive than it is and there should be more shit in game that players can pay for rather than just houses,cars and guns.

Zander

Gun refund lol.. Just give me my millions already lol
Guns can stay imo as they dont have a big effect. Their prices will go just lower nothing else.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Server reset won't b a thing, maybe if we move to another city but otherwise its a big no. Overload already made a server reset once, and it gave him a negative impact on the server (thats what I was told), so I doubt he's willing to do it again.

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
I don't think people completely understand.. A reset and getting rid of pay2win will actually benefit. Sure, we'll lose the people who are extremely attached to the stat-whore life and who just want stuff to benefit themselves, and the top donators who just donate for more money IG. But what we'll possibly bring back if we make it good is the good RPers that left because of the people who just play to win and pay to win.

The reason why this last reset didn't work, is because the option to pay real life money to make yourself a millionare was still there.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
What will work, besides a reset:

1. A money cap AKA if people have over 10 mill, they'd be set back to 10 mill, or something like that.
  2. Limit vehicle slots to 15.
  3. Limit Interior Slots to 10.
  4. Lower the max payout on payday to 50k.
  5. Increase the cost of items in shops, but to too much where it will ruin it for new players.
  6. Raise starting money to 25k so players can actually stand a fighting chance to match with the economy standards.
  7. Lower the payout on F7 to 200 or 500k instead of $1,000,000.

Reality Check of the Vehicles:

1. Donator cars do not inflate the economy as they can be crushed for a small payout.
  2. Players buy Donator cars, but with their money so no money is "created".
  3. Donator cars have a lot of value, so if admins were to start buying them then deleting them, it would eliminate most of them sl-o-w-ly.
  4. If a regular car is bought, add tax to the vehicle (.07%) so people will have more to pay for when buying, possibly making them more careful and can increase the amount they sell it for.
To put #4 in perspective:
For a vehicle that costs $900,000 there is a .07% tax rate, so..
900000*0.07 = 63000

So when you purchase the vehicle, you will be paying $963,000 - nearly $1,000,000 now this may not matter right now, but hold on.

With that.. let's say the tax rate on paydays is .15%.

Without the price tax, it's $1,350 in taxes.

Now let's add the $63,000 in the initial cost..

$1,444 per Payday for tax.

Not a huge different, but the difference is there, because chances are people have these 20+ vehicles, so let's say 10 of them are charging you $75 extra a payday, and the other $50 extra.

That's an extra $1,250 per Payday you're paying if you have all of these vehicles.

Reality of Properties:

1. If gated properties were to be bought, and the owner removes the gate, the value already goes down.
  2. If the property is a shop, make transactions from the shop to the player have 7% taken out of the total income, and have that money deleted.

This is a solution that will not ruin it for donators, nor destroy stats people have worked for.
But it will... create a fair place for players, equalize the amount of stats mostly, and create a new world in a sense, opening new opportunities because I can guarantee you people will be selling cars to get new ones, same with properties once capped.. creating use for the auction site.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
What will work, besides a reset:

1. A money cap AKA if people have over 10 mill, they'd be set back to 10 mill, or something like that.
We did this before.. And it really just pissed a bunch of people off. We also imposed a larger tax to prevent people from getting much more... For now 100m is the highest anyone has.. It dosent seem to grow, which is good.
  1. Limit vehicle slots to 15.
  2. Limit Interior Slots to 10.
Yes, I am going to limit those slots down. (Not for those who have already bought, bur from future purchases)
  1. Lower the max payout on payday to 50k.
currently on a bank account limit. Where you cant earn interest if you have over 100m. No other real way to block that.
  1. Increase the cost of items in shops, but to too much where it will ruin it for new players.
  2. Raise starting money to 25k so players can actually stand a fighting chance to match with the economy standards.
I honestly dont think thatll make much of a difference...
  1. Lower the payout on F7 to 200 or 500k instead of $1,000,000.
Its not about how much you get, But its about how much its paying you.. If i'm not wrong its buying points at 100k each... Which is less than half they go for on f5
Reality Check of the Vehicles:

1. Donator cars do not inflate the economy as they can be crushed for a small payout.
  2. Players buy Donator cars, but with their money so no money is "created".
  3. Donator cars have a lot of value, so if admins were to start buying them then deleting them, it would eliminate most of them sl-o-w-ly.
  4. If a regular car is bought, add tax to the vehicle (.07%) so people will have more to pay for when buying, possibly making them more careful and can increase the amount they sell it for.
To put #4 in perspective:
For a vehicle that costs $900,000 there is a .07% tax rate, so..
900000*0.07 = 63000

So when you purchase the vehicle, you will be paying $963,000 - nearly $1,000,000 now this may not matter right now, but hold on.

With that.. let's say the tax rate on paydays is .15%.

Without the price tax, it's $1,350 in taxes.

Now let's add the $63,000 in the initial cost..

$1,444 per Payday for tax.

Not a huge different, but the difference is there, because chances are people have these 20+ vehicles, so let's say 10 of them are charging you $75 extra a payday, and the other $50 extra.

That's an extra $1,250 per Payday you're paying if you have all of these vehicles.

Reality of Properties:

1. If gated properties were to be bought, and the owner removes the gate, the value already goes down.
  2. If the property is a shop, make transactions from the shop to the player have 7% taken out of the total income, and have that money deleted.

This is a solution that will not ruin it for donators, nor destroy stats people have worked for.
But it will... create a fair place for players, equalize the amount of stats mostly, and create a new world in a sense, opening new opportunities because I can guarantee you people will be selling cars to get new ones, same with properties once capped.. creating use for the auction site.

At the end of the day, The problem isn't the economy or the money inside it.. For the most part that's controlling its self now.. The reason people choose other places than us is due to either personal issues with one or more administrators or lack of ability to get what they want when they want it.. There isn't much anyone can do to counter that except rebuild the admin team... But that's a nearly impossible request..

The only thing we can do is continue to do our best at making players happy (admin team wise) and trying to get along. The playerbase is already growing, Hard work really does pay off. No easy reset button is going to fix anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png