sUp5rET.png

Slot Capacity Limit ?

Sosa

Donator
Donator
Whats the point of the new slot capacity? I dont understand how thats RP at all, firstly. In real life, if you've got the money then you can buy anything. If I have vpoints, and I purchased slots, why cant I have more than 10? And for the people with over 10 slots for vehicles and/or properties, how does this work for us? I own over the limit, and I'd have to sell a lot if I want just one more property..

And this doesn't work so well when it comes to places that need 2 or more slots in order to own something decent. For example, a house with a garage.. Thats two slots. Or even if you've got like a closet in your house, theres another slot.

What about the people who RP real estate? Or car dealerships? How can they purchase properties/vehicles and sell them to people for their job?

Example; Wash automotive. I can imagine they already have over 10 vehicles.. Lets say he wants to add another car to his dealership. Hes already got possibly 15/10 if anything, then how's he gonna get that next vehicle? Selling 6 others just to add one more?

Also what about faction leaders? The properties they own for their faction can take up a load of slots. How can they have their own personal properties with their slots being held up by properties for their faction?

If you're doing this just because you dont want people owning everything on the server, then raise property tax, or prices on places. ( which would work well with the new payday cap )

It's a lot of vpoints gone too, for a lot of people, which could be a long hassle for you guys to refund all them vpoints to all them people.

I dont see the point in this slot capacity limit.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobbyZ

Donator
Donator
They put the new slot limit in game to try to get a grip on all those players with an insane amount of houses they own on one Character. You have players that have so much money they can afford taxes on 30 houses without even breaking a sweat. Then you have the middle class that can't even find a house really in LS because a players owns more than he/she needs. I personally like this new Slot limit thing, it now gives other players a chance to buy houses or business's in-game without having everything bought up by those who shit gold bricks every paycheck.

You do not loose your property. When you sell your property, you cannot purchase another one. In that way we are limiting the ability to have players buy big office skyscrapers without even using it. Donators still got the advantage that they can have more owned properties, just like the vehicles.

You can keep your current properties, however when you sell it, you can't buy another property or buy it back. This also counts for the vehicles. The only way your things can be deleted is when the inactivity timer kicks in.

E

eLst

There isn't a reason to take it away, if they don't want people owning heaps of interiors then higher the property taxes, same with vehicles.
It would would good in co-operation with the update to paydays.
I'm only annoyed because I own about 10 interiors for The Costello Family, I was starting up the legal side of it to re-sell cars, that's why I had 13 vehicles slots.\

As I said it needs to come back, ruins it so much without it.

There isn't a reason to take it away, if they don't want people owning heaps of interiors then higher the property taxes, same with vehicles.
It would would good in co-operation with the update to paydays.
I'm only annoyed because I own about 10 interiors for The Costello Family, I was starting up the legal side of it to re-sell cars, that's why I had 13 vehicles slots.\

As I said it needs to come back, ruins it so much without it.

It doesn't need to come back. You still own the properties you purchased. If you want another property, Why not just tell one of your family members to put it on their name? That's roleplay. This is where you have to manage your people, properties, vehicles, cash flows etc.

BobbyZ

Donator
Donator
It doesn't need to come back. You still own the properties you purchased. If you want another property, Why not just tell one of your family members to put it on their name? That's roleplay. This is where you have to manage your people, properties, vehicles, cash flows etc.

I agree with you on this..

E

eLst

You've got a point, but what about the vPoints, people have spent hundreds of vPoints for more slots.

Sosa

Donator
Donator
Okay Mittell so you made a good arguement when it comes to properties, but why vehicles? Why do I have a limit on how many cars I want? Also ruins the dealership ideas that people have going.

And what about the closets and such inside properties, that just takes up more slots. Shouldn't those be changed to not take up a slot? It's a little "perk" I guess you could say, that comes with the house and some of them are there without someone asking for them to be added.

If this is actually going to stick and you're not planning on changing it, I'd like my vpoints back. I now have 17/10 vehicle slots when I had 17/20, and 28/10 property slots when I had 28/56. Thats a lot of vpoints.

To anyone who might question why I had so many property slots; I was running a real estate at one point. Vehicles, well, I just like my vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot give info about the vPoints just yet, that's something you need to work out with Ello.

About the vehicles. Everyone has vehicles but it simply takes up a lot of space while not every car gets used, what's the point of having 30 vehicles while you use merely 5 of them. My point remains the same. You can't run a 1 man dealership, so you can hire some people who'd like to help you. Now I don't think you should have that much vehicles for a dealership.

When Anderson's automotive was up, there was a lot required. They were an official faction, yet they needed an admin everytime to set their faction cars and unset them when they sold it.

Vehicle limit is 10, so you can use whatever amount of cars for your showroom. The essence here is that you must get partners if you want to expand your business, that's where the RP part really comes in.

Sosa

Donator
Donator
I cannot give info about the vPoints just yet, that's something you need to work out with Ello.

About the vehicles. Everyone has vehicles but it simply takes up a lot of space while not every car gets used, what's the point of having 30 vehicles while you use merely 5 of them. My point remains the same. You can't run a 1 man dealership, so you can hire some people who'd like to help you. Now I don't think you should have that much vehicles for a dealership.

When Anderson's automotive was up, there was a lot required. They were an official faction, yet they needed an admin everytime to set their faction cars and unset them when they sold it.

Vehicle limit is 10, so you can use whatever amount of cars for your showroom. The essence here is that you must get partners if you want to expand your business, that's where the RP part really comes in.

So what if the vehicle isn't being used? Maybe someone likes certain cars, and they use them once in a while.
I'm with you on the property slots, but not the vehicles. Whether or not they're taking up space, thats up to the owner as to where he keeps his vehicles and what he uses them for. And the vehicle slots do cost a lot of vpoints if you really see it, I think that if someone really wants to spend their vpoints on more slots, they should be able to. Vehicle slots aren't harming anyone, like the properties. People wanting a house in vinewood, or a business can't get it because of the rich people who buy everything. But vehicles, anyone can buy. So why put a limit on it? Let people buy as many vehicles as they want for any purpose they want.

What I do think should be changed is vehicle taxes. They're all around 200$ overall. I understand the cheap ones be made low for the new players, but things like turismo's and such should be way higher. Only high taxed vehicles I've seen are the helicopters/planes/monster trucks/etc.

This would make it so people who want a lot of vehicles may think twice depending on their income.

E

eLst

What I do think should be changed is vehicle taxes. They're all around 200$ overall. I understand the cheap ones be made low for the new players, but things like turismo's and such should be way higher. Only high taxed vehicles I've seen are the helicopters/planes/monster trucks/etc.

This would make it so people who want a lot of vehicles may think twice depending on their income.

This.

If we get more and more vehicles into the server, like the people buying. if 50% of them is not being used, we soon have over 800 ghost cars everywhere. It takes up space and the more cars requires rendering, the more it causes your client to load which results in framedrops and lag. If it's your computer or the server, when I drive to IGS, My frames drop to 10 FPS. The specs on my laptop arent that great and I'm very well aware of my lagging every now and then. But with me, there are other players who are experiencing the same issues.

The more cars in 1 area, the more lag. And if those cars are never being used, what is the purpose of having it anyway?
I get that players report like "I lost my car", but there are also players who simply forget that they had a car at all.

The taxes are something that can and probably will be worked out at some point.

E

eLst

Exactly, just put a high tax on cars.
Then if people can't afford to have all the cars, they'll sell them?

Sosa

Donator
Donator
If we get more and more vehicles into the server, like the people buying. if 50% of them is not being used, we soon have over 800 ghost cars everywhere. It takes up space and the more cars requires rendering, the more it causes your client to load which results in framedrops and lag. If it's your computer or the server, when I drive to IGS, My frames drop to 10 FPS. The specs on my laptop arent that great and I'm very well aware of my lagging every now and then. But with me, there are other players who are experiencing the same issues.

The more cars in 1 area, the more lag. And if those cars are never being used, what is the purpose of having it anyway?
I get that players report like "I lost my car", but there are also players who simply forget that they had a car at all.

The taxes are something that can and probably will be worked out at some point.

Just like eLst said, If the taxes are high on cars, these "Ghost" cars wont exist due to the high tax and people not wanting to pay so much.

Im with you on the FPS. If I'm lucky I've got 9 fps. In interiors, I get a good 25-30. I'd do anything for my FPS to be higher so I can actually RP. But I'm still against the limit for vehicle slots. Theres other things you can do to fix a problem like that, and a good one would be the vehicle tax.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
They put the new slot limit in game to try to get a grip on all those players with an insane amount of houses they own on one Character. You have players that have so much money they can afford taxes on 30 houses without even breaking a sweat. Then you have the middle class that can't even find a house really in LS because a players owns more than he/she needs. I personally like this new Slot limit thing, it now gives other players a chance to buy houses or business's in-game without having everything bought up by those who shit gold bricks every paycheck.

Amen, some sanity here.

BobbyZ

Donator
Donator
Just like eLst said, If the taxes are high on cars, these "Ghost" cars wont exist due to the high tax and people not wanting to pay so much.

Im with you on the FPS. If I'm lucky I've got 9 fps. In interiors, I get a good 25-30. I'd do anything for my FPS to be higher so I can actually RP. But I'm still against the limit for vehicle slots. Theres other things you can do to fix a problem like that, and a good one would be the vehicle tax.

Yes, they should beef up the vehicle taxes on the luxury but not to high tho. Honestly other than so many ghost cars, there's really nothing wrong with having so many cars, i can care less if they keep the vehicle perk limit lifter in or not but the Property perk limit lifter had to go.

sUp5rET.png