Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
-
So, this is a pretty unique idea and it isn't high priority but this may change up roleplay scenarios ingame.

Right now, drugs are pretty useless ingame. Noone uses them, noone is buying them and literally less then 10 People legit roleplay using them. Right now, some of the drug effects should add more then just visual effects, but player abilities aswell. Let's use heroin for an example, using heroin should give you a health boost as realistically it numbs out alot of pain and is pretty much a illegal version of morphine (a very strong painkiller that is used in hospitals). Certain drugs should come with special abilities, and will reset back to their normal state when the effects have finished, or lower temporarily.

Let's introduce addiction. If you consume a very risky drug there should be a 50-80% Chance you will be addicted. Once addicted you will begin having effects that will be different depending on the drug you're addicted to. Let's use heroin (again) for an example, being addicted to heroin will drop your HP by 0-45% each time you log in to your character, and you will have bad weapon accuracy or stamina until you take more heroin or get treated for addiction.

LSES will begin to be more required as people with addictions will need prescriptions from LSES to cure their addiction. Right now, we have the "Prescription" Item that is barely used, it can be revamped or atleast used as an addition to this resource as you must schedule appoints with LSES members to receive medication to cure your addiction.

The bitcoin shop will need more ingredients for making drugs (perhaps merge the drug NPC with the bitcoin NPC? Make it so you dont combine ingredients in a chemistry set, and make it used for a similar way the pressure cooker is used )

So, Let me make a really long list that you probably wont read to make this more interesting.

Drug Affects
DrugEffects(Temporary effects while using the drug)Symptoms(Temporary effects, when the drug wares off)Addiction & Symptoms (The chance of addiction, and the symptoms of itTreatments (The amount of medicine you will be given during a scheduled check up)
Heroin+100 HP (Adds 100HP to you current HP level and lasts untill the HP is lost)-50 HP (if you have low hp and the drug wears off and causes you to die because of the lost HP, then you would've RPly collapsed and died)80% Chance of addiction. -40 HP Every hour due to severe sickness.5 Treatments of scheduled doses
LSD-25 HP, better weapon accuracy.-30 HP, Terrible weapon accuracy-10 HP every hour, 20% Addiction chance.2 Treatments of scheduled doses
Meth-30 HP, best weapon accuracy.-20 HP, default weapon accuracy -30 HP Every hour, 45% Chance of addiction4 Treatments of scheduled doses
Marijuana+10 HP. (Weed is way to easy to obtain, so its not gonna have alot of effects)Nothing0% AddictionDoritos (Jk)
Crack Cocaine+100 HP, lower weapon accuracy.-50 HP, Default weapon accuracy. -50 HP every hour, 70% Chance of addiction.4 Treatments of scheduled doses
Cocaine+50 HP, better weapon accuracy.-50 HP, default weapon accuracy-30 HP every hour, 50% of addiction.4 Treatments of scheduled doses
Shrooms+20 HP-20 HP-10 HP Every hour, 10% Chance of addiction1 Treatments of scheduled doses
Ecstasy+30 HP.-20 HP-10 HP Every hour, 5% Chance of addiction2 Treatments of scheduled doses
PCP+80 HP, good weapon accuracy-30 HP, default weapon accuracy.30% Chance of addiction, -40 HP every hour.4 Treatments of scheduled doses
Angel Dust+100 HP, better weapon accuracy-50 HP, default weapon accuracy50% Chance of addiction, -35HP every hour5 Treatments of scheduled doses
Amphetamine+100 Stamina, +50 HP.0 Stamina, -50 HP80% Chance of addiction, -40 HP every hour5 Treatments of scheduled doses

Advantages/Benefits

Disadvantages
If any
People will QQ about addiction.
People will QQ about being killed by someone who has been given the advantange of the drug they took, but then they are a hypocrite and will probably do the exact same thing.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ X ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
-
Have our scripters search through the scripts, and use the examples from the current scripts we have.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
-
More roleplay for LSES
More roleplay for LSPD
More roleplay for gangs and criminals
More ways of making money
More labour for people who need to need to make drugs.

Additional information:
-

This wont really be that complicated for certain bits, this may take some time but this will add purpose to the outdated drugs and will revive some factions.

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
Well as long as you don't have to shoot someone 40 times just because they're off their rocker on drugs, +20 HP at max I'd say, aslong as its kept realistic I'll support it.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Well as long as you don't have to shoot someone 40 times just because they're off their rocker on drugs, +20 HP at max I'd say, aslong as its kept realistic I'll support it.

Thats why there are more disadvantages then advantages

Drug effects dont even last long, so they could collapse if they are off their rocker

DrJoseEvil

Donator
I forgot to mention.

If you take one of the drugs before payday (1 hour mark) you dont get side effects like the HP loss, ect

Erron

Well , remarkable effort peter.Although , LSD IRL is not addictive.Meth is way worse than heroin so IMO it'll need like 6-7 treatments.
PS Add Crystal Meth as a new drug.It's the most "clean" of them all IRL and can be destructful.
+Uno

Jockeyzz

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
I am going to change the drugs and also make addictions, however not this way. The effects are waaaaaay too OP. Okay for RPG server but NOT for a RP server.

DrJoseEvil

Donator
I am going to change the drugs and also make addictions, however not this way. The effects are waaaaaay too OP. Okay for RPG server but NOT for a RP server.

Again, the downside effects are way higher and riskier then the temporary benefits, which only last 1-3 minutes ingame. Noone is going to use drugs if there is no benefits to them ingame.

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
Meh I can see this just killing drug rp, if addiction would have a slight impact yas +1 but like dis... No

Cookie

Shrooms ain't addictive either.

Addiction should be roleplayed not forced upon. Otherwise, chea, "RPG" not RP as people have said.
I've seen addiction scripted on other servers and it just meant that people will not use drugs (like, at all).
Also.. there are no plus sides to drugs IRL (except like self-discovery/meditation and all that stuff. Also don't get me started on medical marijuana, that's a whole another story)

Source: Personal experience :p

sUp5rET.png