sUp5rET.png

Money Laundering OOCly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator

Money Laundering

Myself and other admins have run across recent and wide spread, well, money laundering being conducted almost entirely OOCly. What exactly do we mean? Players who have large sums of money, usually from donating, decide to send hundreds of thousands and millions to players which are brand new and have barely any idea of what they're doing.

Why is this bad?
You're not enabling those players which are new to properly obtain an experience in roleplay, you're throwing them into a position where all they want to do is buy, buy, buy and they never get what they need on their way to gain money; they already have it.

How do we know?
Some of you may not realize this, but we have logs for nearly everything. That means every time you transfer, pay or earn money; we know and we can track it. The same goes with chat logs, faction and radio communications. This is how we've found out about all of this 'OOC friend making'.

What're we gonna do?
Anyone caught from this moment forth, will receive a complete account reset. That sounds exactly like what it is; you will lose everything you have. Do not expect any remorse or help; you're helping to collapse the server and therefor we will collapse you.

Bunny

I gotta agree with this, something we see here VERY often.

I hope players understand that this is a very serious manner and loosing everything you worked for(if your worked for it) is not an easy task.

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
So if I get a friend in here and give him 2M or so I get a reset? What a BS.

You really don't realize that bringing a friend to the server, and give him 2M that's COMPLETELY OOC? Instead, you could have him work for you, and give him small payments every once in a while, maybe buy him a car if he's your driver etc. as long as it's IC and as long as you don't pay him 500k to polish your shoes.

After all, this is a roleplay server, and I've got to agree on this one too, it's time people start acting like it.

admbot

Wow it's completely OOC... what a heavy shit. Well the next block of text applies to all donators for sure.

We pay with RL money, to keep the server alive (And to get VIP of course.) and by doing so, we can decide to turn the VIP in for money, and we even get our friends to this server, we make the economy better by giving people the power to buy things. So pretty much, we are only helping the server.

Also to take this onto us, or me now is completely pointless. I am only here for some months now, I am not the one who ruined the economy at the very beginning, that is the fault of others who did not say anything about it until now, it was their choice. Like saying "Oh you make everybody rich now, it's all messed up!! and you will pay for it now!" Well when I got here everyone was rich already, so.... yea.

Dave

Just because you paid RL money to keep the server alive, doesn't mean you make the shots. And remember, we didn't force you guys to donate a single cent to the server so don't bullshit about keeping the server alive. If everyone in the server is rich, then the city hall jobs would be pointless and the economy would be ruined by people who sell cheap VIPs to earn money fast or people who sell cheap V12s.

BobbyZ

Donator
Donator
People are stupid anyways, what they think admins can't see, they can. Then when they get punished they start the ooc hate saying the server sucks and shit, get banned then weeks later beg for a unban lol, kids these days, if you can't do the time don't do the crime kiddies. :eek:

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
What I don't get is who gives loads of cash to someone they just met online...........

Beatty

Donator
What I don't get is who gives loads of cash to someone they just met online...........

You'd be surprised. Players with less than twenty hours are walking around with millions, no clue how to roleplay, and buying anything in sight. It's one of those things only people who roleplay understand, obviously you're gonna become one of the servers lower-class 'noobs' when you're rich and uneducated.

Luka

Add this as a rule, would be better :p
By the way, first two months when I joined this community, I was litterally doing only the government jobs, firstly as a bus driver, then as a delivery driver, and at last, coach driver. I worked so much to get money, I remember when I would get $1,000 from it, I was so happy lol. Now all I see, people come to the server, instantly joins a faction, gets money because why not, and then they bitch around the city, provoking and breaking rules. Then they wonder why do they get jailed/warned.

Deli

Deduct everyone's ca$h to five hundred thousand, and get rid of the ability to donate for money.

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
Wow it's completely OOC... what a heavy shit. Well the next block of text applies to all donators for sure.

We pay with RL money, to keep the server alive (And to get VIP of course.) and by doing so, we can decide to turn the VIP in for money, and we even get our friends to this server, we make the economy better by giving people the power to buy things. So pretty much, we are only helping the server.

Also to take this onto us, or me now is completely pointless. I am only here for some months now, I am not the one who ruined the economy at the very beginning, that is the fault of others who did not say anything about it until now, it was their choice. Like saying "Oh you make everybody rich now, it's all messed up!! and you will pay for it now!" Well when I got here everyone was rich already, so.... yea.

Didn't mean to make it all seem to be your fault. All I'm saying is, it's a good thing it's going to be like this, the economy is already really messed up, but this is one of the rules that could help improve the economy.

Cali4Life

Donator
Donator
It seems like this entire "rule" is about money. What about vehicles, properties, etc? If you get caught doing that its also a account reset, correct?

Deduct everyone's ca$h to five hundred thousand, and get rid of the ability to donate for money.

Or maybe just reduced the overly rich people's money (from donating) and then cause a little deflation in the economy. Or just inflate the economy, allow everyone to make a little more money or something like that Lol this is kinda like my rant (small rant) about v12.

Add this as a rule, would be better :p
By the way, first two months when I joined this community, I was litterally doing only the government jobs, firstly as a bus driver, then as a delivery driver, and at last, coach driver. I worked so much to get money, I remember when I would get $1,000 from it, I was so happy lol. Now all I see, people come to the server, instantly joins a faction, gets money because why not, and then they bitch around the city, provoking and breaking rules. Then they wonder why do they get jailed/warned.

That is what I think. It is also what I did until.I learned to rp.more and joined hex, where I learned to rp even more. Lastly I finally joined lses and my rp skills sky rocketed (sane with money kinda although I ain't rich)

Vanilla Bean

Just dropped in to congratulate Beatty on growing a set, and actually doing something that actually contributes to making a fair balanced economy. Good job Beatty, If you continue to be more stern, I believe that you can be the one to fix MTA:RP. To anyone who contributed to the destruction of MTA:RP's -okay- but not perfect economy, damn you to hell. I use to be a mad fan of MTA:RP, but now I'm in the midst of watching whether it will continue to go on the path of complete destruction, or the path in which will be successful.

Last edited by a moderator:

masterchief

Just dropped in to congratulate Beatty on growing a set, and actually doing something that actually contributes to making a fair balanced economy. Good job Beatty, If you continue to be more stern, I believe that you can be the one to fix MTA:RP. To anyone who contributed to the destruction of MTA:RP's -okay- but not perfect economy, damn you to hell. I use to be a mad fan of MTA:RP, but now I'm in the midst of watching whether it will continue to go on the path of complete destruction, or the path in which will be successful.
Why do you always have to criticize people beatty does so much to keep this server alive do you honestly think he has the time to fix the economy, he still needs to life you ya know he isnt your slave and hes doing all this for free for us so unless your paying him specificly to fix it please dont sit their and feed people bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png