sUp5rET.png

Money Laundering OOCly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Add this as a rule, would be better :p
By the way, first two months when I joined this community, I was litterally doing only the government jobs, firstly as a bus driver, then as a delivery driver, and at last, coach driver. I worked so much to get money, I remember when I would get $1,000 from it, I was so happy lol. Now all I see, people come to the server, instantly joins a faction, gets money because why not, and then they bitch around the city, provoking and breaking rules. Then they wonder why do they get jailed/warned.

Rule 11 and 8 already constitute this, we simply severely upped the punishment and will be actively searching for it. A complete account reset is basically a capital punishment in my opinion.

It seems like this entire "rule" is about money. What about vehicles, properties, etc? If you get caught doing that its also a account reset, correct?

Would fall under the same category. You can either choose to roleplay or change servers.

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Just dropped in to congratulate Beatty on growing a set, and actually doing something that actually contributes to making a fair balanced economy. Good job Beatty, If you continue to be more stern, I believe that you can be the one to fix MTA:RP. To anyone who contributed to the destruction of MTA:RP's -okay- but not perfect economy, damn you to hell. I use to be a mad fan of MTA:RP, but now I'm in the midst of watching whether it will continue to go on the path of complete destruction, or the path in which will be successful.

Vanilla you really the only one here that needs to grow a set. I never seen anyone else worst then you at QQing. You come and leave and just repeat and then you wonder why everyone calls you QQbean. I am sure Chris Brown made the song "Loyal" after you.

Cloud

Vanilla you really the only one here that needs to grow a set. I never seen anyone else worst then you at QQing. You come and leave and just repeat and then you wonder why everyone calls you QQbean. I am sure Chris Brown made the song "Loyal" after you.

Can confirm have been around for a while and whenever QQbean comes to the server it's to bitch and moan. I'll make a small image to help the uneducated!

447fbc4843.png

Great addition to the rules!

masterchief

+1

Cali4Life

Donator
Donator
Lemme get this straight. Let's say I have a job for someone and he has like 14 hours or so lol but he does the job correctly and I pay him 50k. Is that considered money laundering OOCly? (Sorry I is stupid)

Cloud

@Cali4Life
Lemme get this straight. Let's say I have a job for someone and he has like 14 hours or so lol but he does the job correctly and I pay him 50k. Is that considered money laundering OOCly? (Sorry I is stupid)

Myself and other admins have run across recent and wide spread, well, money laundering being conducted almost entirely OOCly. What exactly do we mean? Players who have large sums of money, usually from donating, decide to send hundreds of thousands and millions to players which are brand new and have barely any idea of what they're doing.

By what Beatty wrote, I'm assuming that it would be totally legit in the scenario you posted. However, take note irl you don't pay someone 50k to replace a door knob. Make it a realistic payment, not an extreme over-the-top type of thing. In other words: Use common sense.
(I honestly have no idea what type of service someone could provide worth 50k besides perhaps performing a hit or being paid to shit on someones lawn daily)

I'll put the rule in retard for you: u hav frend that no rp, u r rish, u no giv him $$$ becas ooc frend. ok? or becas u see new player u liek omgn ew i giv u 1 mil to start :DDDdddd
^I take pride in my fluency in retard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goodwine

Mhm, so you are saying that giving money is completely OOC, but isn't donating completely OOC as well?

You are saying that new players can't experience how is it to work for money, but he can still donate?

All you want is money, and you want more people to donate, now you've seen that instead of donating, they can just ask one of their friends to get some money from them.
You are whining that this is OOC, and you can't look at the fact that donating is OOC too, as you can't BUY VIPPOINTS in real life.I never really seen this kind of fucking greedyness on other kinds of servers, sure they get some rewards if they donate, but the economy does not revolve around it.The only reason that i play the server is that i didn't see any roleplay servers around for MTA, if i did, i'd surely leave this.

Dave

Remember that we didn't force you guys to donate for us, so stop qq'ing about donations lol.

Goodwine

Remember that we didn't force you guys to donate for us, so stop qq'ing about donations lol.

You shouldn't tell people what do to with their money either.If someone wants to give their money to his friend, then why can't he do it?

Dave

You shouldn't tell people what do to with their money either.If someone wants to give their money to his friend, then why can't he do it?

Oh so just because some rich guy donated a shit ton of cash and converted it into IG money, he has the right to share it with everyone and fuck the economy up? Sorry mate, this isn't a trading community but a roleplay community. If you are unhappy then whatever suits you mate. :)

admbot

Oh so just because some rich guy donated a shit ton of cash and converted it into IG money, he has the right to share it with everyone and fuck the economy up? Sorry mate, this isn't a trading community but a roleplay community. If you are unhappy then whatever suits you mate. :)

Well since RP is supposed to simulate real life, everyone would have the right to share their money and make others rich. Not only a right, but their own choice to make! No god will strike them with lightning for doing so, or would warp them into some extraterrestrial prison.

If I would have millions IRL, I would for sure share it with some people.

Dr4mX123

Well since RP is supposed to simulate real life, everyone would have the right to share their money and make others rich.

Yet, I find donating real money to get VIP is a cheap backdoor which ruins the art of roleplay, that really my opinion.
It's almost like using cheats in GTA SA singleplayer, almost feels lazy.

I see the reason for posting this topic, which is basically that 90-95 percent of the server is filled with newbies who got stat-whore friends that will fuck up the servers economy completely. I do hope however there will come an end to this and instead promote roleplay, which is basically what this is all about. Perhaps help out the new players by forcing them into some kind of RP school and learn that this is "not-a-game" (don't take it too seriously though) - and go through some of the basic rules, one of whom being that you shouldn't become a stat-whore but instead learn the basics of roleplay and actually work for your money.

However they are of course allowed to purchase VIP and all that bullcrap, but for me, this is one of the major problems since it's what giving the players a fuck-ton of money and almost automatically makes them a stat-whore.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
If you donate your RL money to a friend's account that's fine, If you donate your RL money to your account that's fine. But if you have 20 Million IG dollars, and say Hey ima go play *** ****** want my money? And hand $20,000,000 over without any RP or IC reason, Then yeah we gonna smite you.
Not only for advertising.. but for inflating the economy..

New players are welcome to earn their stuff the way its meant to be done, by driving a bus (or other various jobs)/ I sure know I have plenty of hours of driving busses.. The first 5 months of Playing MTA I dealt guns and drove a bus! (not at the same time)

If you are GIVEN money and dont have to earn it, You are less likely to value it and more likely to walk away from it without any consequences.
This is why its SO HARD to get a Faction, or to become admin.. If we FREELY handed them out, They would not be valued, and it wouldn't matter to anyone anymore.

The perfect example to that is when we lowered factions IG to 2k VIP. We sold nearly 20, And only about 3 of those factions are still open. They didn't value the faction enough to care about it, and actually try to keep it. It wasn't anything to them.

Life isn't handed to you on a silver platter, You have to get off your butt and do something or you will live in your parents basement for the rest of your life. No one is going to magically knock on your door in real life and hand you a few million dollars to go live life. You have to work for and earn every red cent you make. So why is it fair to do the opposite in MTA?
Yes I get that you play MTA to have fun, and do things that you cant normally do IRL (Such as be a cop) but don't you think you should have to at least EARN it? At least then you know yourself that you worked hard for it, and you achieved your goals. Its not like some RPG Server where you walk in to a marker and just magically become a cop to go corrupt on every, Killing innocent people. Its something you have to earn, and that's the way ti should be!

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
I had a suggestion, Maybe you remove the part when you donate you get to sell VIP for money. You can make it so they get all perks for certain amount of days. Leave the money people have now and eventually they will spend it. You say "Oh I got 5 million, 800k for a car isn't going to do nothing to me" (I know because I did this many times) They will keep repeating that process untill they run of money and donate again. You could keep it so IG cash can still buy VIP but make it so it's not sellable. And if they can't sell VIP then they will value what their money is worth. And Yes I know this will cause the server to get less money but sometimes in life you got to give up something to make it better.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
@Cali4Life

By what Beatty wrote, I'm assuming that it would be totally legit in the scenario you posted. However, take note irl you don't pay someone 50k to replace a door knob. Make it a realistic payment, not an extreme over-the-top type of thing. In other words: Use common sense.
(I honestly have no idea what type of service someone could provide worth 50k besides perhaps performing a hit or being paid to shit on someones lawn daily)

I'll put the rule in retard for you: u hav frend that no rp, u r rish, u no giv him $$$ becas ooc frend. ok? or becas u see new player u liek omgn ew i giv u 1 mil to start :DDDdddd
^I take pride in my fluency in retard.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png