• Nowhere (stay in Los Santos)

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend

Moving to a new location

Dear community members,

As you all know, we've been getting bashed a lot about moving away from Los Santos to a new location, mostly Red County. Since we already moved there once and you wanted to move back after half a year, we'll be a bit pickier about that location. We encourage you to vote with your own mind, not someone elses as few people want to force others to choose one location they want. The winner will be announced on 10th of December.

PS: Mass buying properties in any of those locations will result in character reset. This is your only warning.

Happy voting!
-MTA:RP Administration

Last edited by a moderator:

herrdag

MTARP Player
Donator
I have seen, and heard that MTARP is slowly dying, and moving to Red County will make the whole server better, which makes the server bigger, (for us). But, people might still go back to Los Santos, or will there be borders? Where nobody can go back?

Azzy

I have seen, and heard that MTARP is slowly dying, and moving to Red County will make the whole server better, which makes the server bigger, (for us). But, people might still go back to Los Santos, or will there be borders? Where nobody can go back?

there weren't be borders lol. it'll just be that RC will be where everything is, such as PD LSES and all that shit

DrJoseEvil

Donator
If we do go to RC (or any other location), I can say that it will likely be the same setup as last time, but I may be incorrect. Everything script wise will be centralised in Red County. Bus stops, job locations, DMV route, ect. Last time, exterior mapping that was added within a certain time period was refunded if the owner of the property wanted to request a refund on it, or remap something else within the same budget of the map. Some custom interiors were moved to, if they were realistic for their new location and all interiors were temporarily set to give a 100% refund if you did /sellproperty so you'd have money to buy a new place in RC. Basically, no one will be losing anything just the main components of the server will be placed in Red County (or another location), which will naturally have the player base drift to the main area. There won't be any borders or anything, anyone can freely travel to each city, but there wont be anything to really do there except RP at properties.

I'll explain RC and its surrounding locations for help.
So, Red County is made up from Palomino Creek, Blueberry, Montgomery, The Panopticon, Hampton Barns and Dillimore, these are the main areas.
Dillimore = The main town, has a PD/Sheriff HQ, a gas station which can be considered the "IGS of Red County", and can fit a Town hall.
Montgomery = Residential and Business area, lots of space for apartments, has a trailer park, shops and a Hospital for LSES.
Palomino Creek = The Main residential area, lots of houses, various stores for all kinds of RP and can even be a spot for Town hall, by replacing the library there.
Blueberry = Partially residential, has a few houses but its also a business/industrial area. It has a HQ for HEX and various city hall jobs and has a warehouse that can be used for FD.
Hampton Barns = Mostly residential, has a few trailer parks.
The Panopticon = Hill area, can be used for some scripted jobs, or illegal rp areas.

Now, the surrounding areas, Vinewood, Richman and Flint County.
Richman/Vinewood = These two areas are connected together, and since they're so close to Dillimore, you can still live in a large, expensive home and enjoy the glamorous view of all of Red County from the hills.
Flint County = This is mainly a good spot for farming or City Hall jobs. There are some properties here, and they can be very flexible for different RPs.

Now, you may be concerned on what types of RP can be done in Red County, as you may think its limited, but tbh its not really limited. Montgomery, Palomino and Blueberry is suitable for gangster/ghetto RP, almost every location in RC is good for biker/mafia gangs or any freelance criminal. There is no real major downsides to moving to Red County but sometimes sacrificing some little things in LS will be better for the entire playerbase.
A5dI2jM.jpg

Hope this helps.

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
If we do go to RC (or any other location), I can say that it will likely be the same setup as last time, but I may be incorrect. Everything script wise will be centralised in Red County. Bus stops, job locations, DMV route, ect. Last time, exterior mapping that was added within a certain time period was refunded if the owner of the property wanted to request a refund on it, or remap something else within the same budget of the map. Some custom interiors were moved to, if they were realistic for their new location and all interiors were temporarily set to give a 100% refund if you did /sellproperty so you'd have money to buy a new place in RC. Basically, no one will be losing anything just the main components of the server will be placed in Red County (or another location), which will naturally have the player base drift to the main area. There won't be any borders or anything, anyone can freely travel to each city, but there wont be anything to really do there except RP at properties.

I'll explain RC and its surrounding locations for help.
So, Red County is made up from Palomino Creek, Blueberry, Montgomery, The Panopticon, Hampton Barns and Dillimore, these are the main areas.
Dillimore = The main town, has a PD/Sheriff HQ, a gas station which can be considered the "IGS of Red County", and can fit a Town hall.
Montgomery = Residential and Business area, lots of space for apartments, has a trailer park, shops and a Hospital for LSES.
Palomino Creek = The Main residential area, lots of houses, various stores for all kinds of RP and can even be a spot for Town hall, by replacing the library there.
Blueberry = Partially residential, has a few houses but its also a business/industrial area. It has a HQ for HEX and various city hall jobs and has a warehouse that can be used for FD.
Hampton Barns = Mostly residential, has a few trailer parks.
The Panopticon = Hill area, can be used for some scripted jobs, or illegal rp areas.

Now, the surrounding areas, Vinewood, Richman and Flint County.
Richman/Vinewood = These two areas are connected together, and since they're so close to Dillimore, you can still live in a large, expensive home and enjoy the glamorous view of all of Red County from the hills.
Flint County = This is mainly a good spot for farming or City Hall jobs. There are some properties here, and they can be very flexible for different RPs.

Now, you may be concerned on what types of RP can be done in Red County, as you may think its limited, but tbh its not really limited. Montgomery, Palomino and Blueberry is suitable for gangster/ghetto RP, almost every location in RC is good for biker/mafia gangs or any freelance criminal. There is no real major downsides to moving to Red County but sometimes sacrificing some little things in LS will be better for the entire playerbase.
A5dI2jM.jpg

Hope this helps.

Why not just put that map in game also, it'd make navigation so much easier. Could be in F10 like the minimap one is.

IlikeTrains

Banned User
Be good to see a new change in the server, I hope that there is preparation done this time instead of just moving and trying to reallocate the scripts that are in LS to the new location :)

I am pro-Los santos as when we were in Red county, RP level did decrease a little and things were tooo spread out, BUT, let's see what happens :)

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
The only way RC works is if it's prepared. Random not-so-good mapping to players just stat-whoring, it'll have to be relatively controlled.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Well there are things that must be announced before some people decide, such as myself. If I own a house in LS I spent 5mill on do I get to keep it and go to it? Also the custom mapping, if I were to be forced out do I get a refund for the mapping and gates?

Thanks.

Retex

Banned User
Donator
Well there are things that must be announced before some people decide, such as myself. If I own a house in LS I spent 5mill on do I get to keep it and go to it? Also the custom mapping, if I were to be forced out do I get a refund for the mapping and gates?

Thanks.

Do you mean like, If you map something, do you get a refund + keep the house?

Luka

Thanks.

Before deciding that, we will first announce if and when we're moving, with all the concerns answered. Patience, we aren't rushing anywhere.

DrJoseEvil

Donator
I do hope a move does happen. LS is to common and to large for our player base. Red county will be more suitable. If we do move I can ensure there will be some type of refunds and no one would be forced to move. The whole move worked last time. We went to RC for a bit to raise the player base and it worked, but hopefully the move will be permanent.

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
man feels good coming back to seeing this post,
also felt good last year coming back from inactivity to RC :D

sUp5rET.png