sUp5rET.png

What can we improve?

Bunny

MTA:RP Forum Legend

Improvements

As you noticed, there has been a quite drop on our player base. Seems as if it was done simply because we changed things and made things a bit stricter and Removed our whole pay2win methods. You think that once we remove these things we'd have our player base increase not decrease.. So for this thread we want to ask all our players. (New,admins, old, veterans) whatever it is to help us out and contribute and give us ideas on what we can do to improve ourselves. We tried and put too much effort and potential into this server to give up and we won't give up no matter what. Script related suggestions should not be posted here. Only ones that have to do with our management. Even admin management can be taken into account. If this is the case, PM me and we can figure something out. Please use these questions as a guide to post below.

What is your idea?
How can this better our player-base?
How long will it take?
Okay, what are the procedures?
Will this increase Roleplay?

weelawn

<b><span style="color:#DA81F5;"t>Irish Pride!</b><
Donator
I'll kick this whole thing off.

What is your idea? The donation system (VIP don't run out and stat transfers)
How can this better our player-base? Well, this will increase the player base simply because they will feel they will get more bang for their buck. I know that the server doesn't need money, but take anyway some of these perks I think made the server go down hill. They feel as if we are money hungry, but I know that isn't the case.
How long will it take? As long as a piece of string.
Okay, what are the procedures? I'm not scripter I haven't got one clue.
Will this increase Roleplay? Well, It won't increase the roleplay but it sure will lure some people back into the server. In a way, it may boost the players and the roleplay as they won't be shit afraid of losing their stuff. That's the way you want it, but there is a fine line between players satisfaction and disappointment.

Additional Information: Please note, I honestly don't care about this donation system at the moment, I just look for what's best for the players is set my good old self aside.

Last edited by a moderator:

PayneJ

<b><span style="background: url(http://tinyurl.com
Donator
What is your idea? Changing Character Kills
How can this better our player-base? Less CK's, more happy player-base (and bigger).
How long will it take? It may take a bit, but our playerbase will grow again.
Okay, what are the procedures? Well, I've seen lots of players quitting because either their character gets CK'd. A good way to change this is to lower the chances of getting CK'd, or throwing Stat Transfers back into F7. When players get CK'd they'll usually be upset and quit the server, especially since the Stat Transfers option was removed from the server. They'll probably quit the server due to them having nothing else and it would feel like a fresh new start.
Will this increase Roleplay? It some ways it may promote it, in some ways it may demote it. Depending if the suggestion is implemented, how it's implemented. A good way to implement this suggeston is to add a type of system that would be a Passing Letter type of thing which would be Roleplayed that if the player gets CK'd, certain things (some cash, vehicles, properties, etc) could be transfered over. Or throwing Stat Transfers back in F7 could also help.

What is your Idea: Well I am thinking about the returning of the government to try to bring some RP (now I know there will be people against this but probably have it consisted of Admins, RP+, Legends etc.). If not a mayor, perhaps road laws from the state, bylaws from the city, medical from the state...

How can this better our playerbase: More RP, perhaps elections or something too.

How long will it take:
Anything will take some time, sometimes short and sometimes longer

Will this increase Roleplay: Yes, yes it would as it actually makes LS into a living city. The gov't can also help revitalize businesses in the city as that RP also needs to come back

NOTE: This is actually gonna be one part of the suggestions imma make (I iz rushing on this currently)

Here is a motivational video that'll help with this and please watch it

[video=youtube_share;tUFR_W1lRVE]http://youtu.be/tUFR_W1lRVE[/video]

​WE NEED TO WIN!

Bunny

I'll kick this whole thing off.

What is your idea? The donation system (VIP don't run out and stat transfers)
How can this better our player-base? Well, this will increase the player base simply because they will feel they will get more bang for their buck. I know that the server doesn't need money, but take anyway some of these perks I think made the server go down hill. They feel as if we are money hungry, but I know that isn't the case.
How long will it take? As long as a piece of string.
Okay, what are the procedures? I'm not scripter I haven't got one clue.
Will this increase Roleplay? Well, It won't increase the roleplay but it sure will lure some people back into the server. In a way, it may boost the players and the roleplay as they won't be shit afraid of losing their stuff. That's the way you want it, but there is a fine line between players satisfaction and disappointment.

Additional Information: Please note, I honestly don't care about this donation system at the moment, I just look for what's best for the players is set my good old self aside.

Well, loosing the VIP is a good idea to get rid of the VIP that we have that is literally just sitting at one's account. The stat transfers were for the intention of simply eliminating the people not being scared to get CK'ed. We want players to receive that adrenaline of dying because we feel as if that's not exactly roleplayed as much anymore.

How can this better our player-base? Less CK's, more happy player-base (and bigger).
Okay, what are the procedures? Well, I've seen lots of players quitting because either their character gets CK'd. A good way to change this is to lower the chances of getting CK'd, or throwing Stat Transfers back into F7. When players get CK'd they'll usually be upset and quit the server, especially since the Stat Transfers option was removed from the server. They'll probably quit the server due to them having nothing else and it would feel like a fresh new start.
Will this increase Roleplay? It some ways it may promote it, in some ways it may demote it. Depending if the suggestion is implemented, how it's implemented. A good way to implement this suggeston is to add a type of system that would be a Passing Letter type of thing which would be Roleplayed that if the player gets CK'd, certain things (some cash, vehicles, properties, etc) could be transfered over. Or throwing Stat Transfers back in F7 could also help.

This is a possibility.

What is your Idea: Well I am thinking about the returning of the government to try to bring some RP (now I know there will be people against this but probably have it consisted of Admins, RP+, Legends etc.). If not a mayor, perhaps road laws from the state, bylaws from the city, medical from the state...

How can this better our playerbase: More RP, perhaps elections or something too.

How long will it take:
Anything will take some time, sometimes short and sometimes longer

Will this increase Roleplay: Yes, yes it would as it actually makes LS into a living city. The gov't can also help revitalize businesses in the city as that RP also needs to come back

NOTE: This is actually gonna be one part of the suggestions imma make (I iz rushing on this currently)

Here is a motivational video that'll help with this and please watch it

[video=youtube_share;tUFR_W1lRVE]http://youtu.be/tUFR_W1lRVE[/video]

​WE NEED TO WIN!

The only real actual reason as to why we never opened the government faction is simply because you have a lot of people with power issues. We put someone up for president and they want to immediately legalize marijuana and do retardly stupid things that the higher administration does not support. So the Lead+ team runs the government.

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
The only real actual reason as to why we never opened the government faction is simply because you have a lot of people with power issues. We put someone up for president and they want to immediately legalize marijuana and do retardly stupid things that the higher administration does not support. So the Lead+ team runs the government.

How about let players run the gov BUT have lead+ admins decide if they will allow blah blah to happen,
And whats so bad with legalizing marijuna? Theres several states that legalized it alreadly, All you need is a ACTUAL rp reason for a marijuana license(<-----This is already scripted and is in the server but never used) and then open up marijuana shops.

Kodiak

<b><span style="color: white;">Faction Leader<br /
What is your idea? Recruit multiple coders, currently we're lacking a lot when it comes to scripting compared to a certain community that holds the majority of MTA roleplayers.
How can this better our player-base? If we have updated scripts, new concepts, and push the boundaries, people will notice that. Therefore making them more inclined to roleplay here.
How long will it take? However long it takes for you guys to look for more coders, not just wait for them to magically appear.
Okay, what are the procedures? Advertise for some, contact some former coders, do whatever you have to do!
Will this increase Roleplay? Yes.

What is your idea? Supply experienced illegal roleplayers with firearms, and drugs once per month. You would have to meet a requirement of 500 hours spent in-game (across all characters). You must not have any jails, or warns for death matching that month, and must have good roleplaying skills. You would apply on the forums, say every first Monday of the month, and whoever would be in charge of the applications would accept or deny. The pricing for the firearms/drugs shouldn't be dirt cheap, but also not cost an arm and a leg. Accept like 20 applications per month. This way, we can get a flow of firearms, and drugs spread throughout the server. Currently right now, it's harder to get firearms and drugs on the server than it should be.
How can this better our player-base? If people see a stead flow of distribution, they will be more likely to spend extra time on the server to be able to save up money to buy such firearms, and drugs. Players would also be more likely to stay on longer to sell such product. Also, new illegal roleplayers will be more inclined to stay if they see actual illegal transactions aren't just a myth lol.
How long will it take? I can only guess, perhaps anywhere from a month to three. But who knows.
Okay, what are the procedures? The procedure is mentioned in the idea.
Will this increase Roleplay? Yes, I strongly believe so.

What is your idea? Raise City Hall jobs payments, right now with City Hall jobs you're making terrible money. I know you don't have to do as much as you would being in a faction. But still, shitty wages are causing for City Hall jobs to be used very rarely. That's not what we should be seeing, it's nice to see a delivery truck drive by, a pizzaboy drive by, and taxi drive by. These are the jobs that make roleplay come to life in the background, and are often not take as seriously as they should.
How can this better our player-base? I notice in other communities that there happens to be a lot of people who use City Hall Jobs as their main source of income, and that's because in those communities the jobs actually pay okay. I believe if the type of people who prefer city hall jobs come here, and see that city hall jobs have shitty pay they'll leave. But if we were to increase the pay, they'll be more likely to stay.
How long will it take? My guess is as good as yours.
Okay, what are the procedures? Raise the payments, that simple.
Will this increase Roleplay? Yes, I strongly believe so.

What is your idea? Have administrators host roleplay events that are purely IC. Events such as dance clubs, beach parties, house parties, something that brings the majority of the community together every other day would be nice. Have an administrator assigned to a certain day, to host an event at a scheduled time, sort of like a schedule that has to be followed. Place advertisements over the SAN ad system, and people will show up to have a good time. Have bouncers outside to check IDs, liquor sold inside, music playing, etc.
How can this better our player-base? I believe this would show how connected our community really can be to new players joining, this will also give them a chance to make IC friends, which will make them more inclined to stay here and play.
How long will it take? Your guess is as good as mine.

And of course work on encouraging legal roleplay, and making it easier to obtain official status (But Bunny says he's working on something).

[video=youtube;SHO3dE-IDWk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHO3dE-IDWk[/video]

CutiePie

What is your idea? Well , I suggest that you remove the inactivity cleanup script or make it for 4 months to delete , Because players really have a life and they cant be online every month, So If i went inactive for 2 months for my life and w/e i got to do, i come back and find my things , and it wont make me just leave MTA:RP for a stupid reason, People have their lives.
How can this better our player-base? It will make it better that players wont leave or be sad for the cars, money, properties that were gone for just leaving for 3 months or less.
How long will it take? 5 minutes of your time.
Okay, what are the procedures? Are described above.
Will this increase Roleplay? Yes ofcourse, people will come back to find their things alive , and they can continue roleplaying with their things.

weelawn

<b><span style="color:#DA81F5;"t>Irish Pride!</b><
Donator
What is your idea? Well , I suggest that you remove the inactivity cleanup script or make it for 4 months to delete , Because players really have a life and they cant be online every month, So If i went inactive for 2 months for my life and w/e i got to do, i come back and find my things , and it wont make me just leave MTA:RP for a stupid reason, People have their lives.
How can this better our player-base? It will make it better that players wont leave or be sad for the cars, money, properties that were gone for just leaving for 3 months or less.
How long will it take? 5 minutes of your time.
Okay, what are the procedures? Are described above.
Will this increase Roleplay? Yes ofcourse, people will come back to find their things alive , and they can continue roleplaying with their things.
This is a hell no for me, the reason for the cleanup is to flourish the good/nice looking properties around players; there is no point a person having an interior or vehicles if they aren't getting put to use. Just as simple as one, two, three..

ShaktarBoy

What is your Idea: I have thinked about making new bank interest system. If you put in X amount of money into the bank today, you would get a 0.25% of the X amount of money back, each payday, at the same time you can withdraw or deposit money whenever you feel to. But it would be more RPly to be able to deposit a X amount of money into the bank account, and not be able to use it for X amount of time, then you woulg get like 0.50% bank interest. An example, I deposit 100.000$ for the time of 5 paydays/paychecks (That even should count down when using an other character) and I get a interest rate of 0.30/0.35%. And if I deposit the same amount of money for like 10 paydays/paychecks, I get a interest rate of 0.40/0.45%. And after the X amount of chosen paychecks have passed, you would get your money back, and could re-deposit.
How can this better our playerbase: It would get more RPly, as IRL you can make such a bank account and deposit money onto it for a chosen amount of time, and then get more interest then you would get with a "standard" deposit/withdraw account. And now people worrying about money could earn a bit more via this system.
How long will it take: I don't really know, it surely needs to be scripted, and it would take even more time if you don't understand what I mean with this
Will this increase Roleplay: As I said, it would make the server a bit more RPly, but I dont think that this would effect the IG Roleplay in anyways.

Note: This may not be a really necessary change, but as I heard some times that "Other servers got higher bank interests" would get up to often. And we do actually also make the server a bit more unique!

Torecee

It's not rocketscience, it's just time to realise that we cannot continue this process forever..

What is your idea? Full server reset!!
How can this better our player-base? No more statwhores. We all work for everything we want to have
How long will it take? 5 minutes
Okay, what are the procedures? Adjust cleanup to delete every vehicle and interior, and all cash money and bank money. Then change start money to 5k and adjust vehicle, item and propperty prices to realistic amounts
Will this increase Roleplay? Yes! No more statwhoring, everyone has to work for their stuff again

DrJoseEvil

Donator

Stat Transfers are still here lol. You just can't buy them ingame. they're $9.99 USD on the UCP if you want them!

P.S You won't have to use the "But what if some people can't buy or afford them?" We all know thats lots of the Non-18YearOlds player's issue lol. Anyways just my briefing if you didn't know

Driga

<b><span style="color:#C41414;"t>Veteran</b><br />
Donator
What is your idea? Decreasing the illegal roleplay
How can this better our player-base? The players get really annoyed when they only start out playing and they get robbed almost every single day, which annoys them enough to leave and go play somewhere else.
How long will it take? A few days to get used to the new rules.
Okay, what are the procedures? What I suggest is to create limitations to what and when you can do. For example:
Robbing someone - 2 cops onduty
Robbing a shop - 3 cops onduty per robber
Robbing a house - 3 cops onduty per robber
Starting a shootout - 5 cops on duty and atleast 2 of them to have SWAT permissions
Will this increase Roleplay? This would decrase the amount of Illegal RP and promote more legal and goverment RP

Additional Info: This ofcourse will take place when the PD will be sorted and more active than it is now.

Kodiak

How can this better our player-base? The players get really annoyed when they only start out playing and they get robbed almost every single day, which annoys them enough to leave and go play somewhere else.
Okay, what are the procedures? What I suggest is to create limitations to what and when you can do. For example:
Starting a shootout - 5 cops on duty and atleast 2 of them to have SWAT permissions
Will this increase Roleplay? This would decrase the amount of Illegal RP and promote more legal and goverment RP

Additional Info: This ofcourse will take place when the PD will be sorted and more active than it is now.

In order to decrease illegal roleplay, we have to encourage legal roleplay by giving more support to those who seek to form legal factions legitimately. Bunny has put his word out, and said that he's working on something that will increase legal roleplay.

Kodiak

It's not rocketscience, it's just time to realise that we cannot continue this process forever..

What is your idea? Full server reset!!
How can this better our player-base? No more statwhores. We all work for everything we want to have
How long will it take? 5 minutes
Okay, what are the procedures? Adjust cleanup to delete every vehicle and interior, and all cash money and bank money. Then change start money to 5k and adjust vehicle, item and propperty prices to realistic amounts
Will this increase Roleplay? Yes! No more statwhoring, everyone has to work for their stuff again

I fully support a full server reset.

Kodiak

Cannot happen, please do not bring it back up.

I wasn't the one who brought it up. I simply agreed with another persons opinion about a server reset. Anyhow, this will be my final comment. I would hate to see this thread get closed.

Snoopy

Donator

I totally agree with this idea +1

Braunson

The real MVP
What is your idea? Recruit multiple coders, currently we're lacking a lot when it comes to scripting compared to a certain community that holds the majority of MTA roleplayers.
How can this better our player-base? If we have updated scripts, new concepts, and push the boundaries, people will notice that. Therefore making them more inclined to roleplay here.
How long will it take? However long it takes for you guys to look for more coders, not just wait for them to magically appear.
Okay, what are the procedures? Advertise for some, contact some former coders, do whatever you have to do!

Yeaaaa I agree with him. Bunny already does contact me when MTA:RP needs some important bugs fixed or he needs help. But ya'll need to find a good active scripter.

Snoopy

Donator
What is your idea? Create a new team "Scripting/Developing team".
How can this better our player-base? Scripts are the most important thing Which specifically shows which server is better.
How long will it take? I don't think it will take over one or two hours to prepare the limit of the developer team powers.
Okay, what are the procedures? Create a new Developing team with ranks (Every rank has its limited powers) [Trial Developer, Assistant Developer, Developer, Super Developer, Head Developer], Of course all the projects must be approved by the Head of the developing team [Beatty/Overload].
Will this increase Roleplay? Of course, The scripts are the main source to increase the playerbase.

sUp5rET.png