sUp5rET.png

My Goal (and hopefully yours)

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
banner%20SA.png

The Dream

Multi Theft Auto Roleplay brings players back again, and again, and again, and again. The reason is simple; freedom and people. Now the server has seen rough days, we all know that. From massive backlash towards donations, hackers, DDoS'ing, even betrayal, it's gone up and down more ways than your moms back end on mothers day. Dubby and I were asked to come back, so we did, and we can see efforts were tried before even that. From the reapplication process of admins, FRT's clear devotion to fixing things only a month or two ago, and players over all excitement at change, at least the possibility of change, coming fourth. This is not the worst we will likely see of MTA:RP, in fact it's been down hill more than this, so we shouldn't even consider this down hill.

What makes MTA:RP... MTA:RP? For me it has always been the sheer diversity, the freedom and the people. What the server signify's to everyone is different, but the overall effect is the same. We are, as of now, the longest standing Roleplay Server, and we can say that proudly as well as loudly. Do not expect us to stop, cause we will hit you like a freight train if you stand in the way, or we'll gladly throw you inside the already crowded passenger car full of supporters.

movieindepdencedayspeech2.jpg

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"​

My Personal Goals

After spending a few days playing, I've found a few things that irk me but also some things which make me happy to be back.

• Reorganization of the San Andreas Police Department.
    • Some very key things here are bad, and there is plenty of proof of it not only from FRT, but court cases and IC chatter.
  • Implementation of new ideas for the San Andreas Emergency Services.
    • Full cooperation will be made through FRT to reach out to the SAES.
  • Removal of Pay-2-Win mentality.
  • Removal of speed mods from the server, entirely.
    • Replacement with suitable, more realistic and fair system, scriptor willing of course.
  • More invigorating and cooperating administration.
    • Friendliness is key, as well as the want, not just the ability, to be willingly helpful to new players or even existing ones.
  • Through the magical effects if time and players willing, an improvement in certain roleplay situations as well as standards in general.
    • Any type of wreck, driving or really anything related to vehicle and roleplay seems to have been thrown out the window entirely. People are more content with zipping 0-200, no regards to anything in their speed modded, tint lawn mower than enjoying the roleplay quality of actually mowing the lawn or crashing and cutting your hand off.
    • A more invigorating teaching experience. While a roleplay school is what everyone prefers simply because 1. it doesn't involve them and 2. out of sight, out of mind, an interactive moving roleplay scene is usually preferred and shows to work better. If someone doesn't know how to do something, involve them in your roleplay and answer questions as they come. No one wants to spend a half hour in a room being lectured too.
    • Pay-2-Win seems to have taken over in many aspects, disrupting a lot of qualities. Where you could roleplay certain things, such as reporting and finding a lost car, people prefer to buy a teleport token, respawn faction vehicles, or throw money at the problem. Why have someone put your tint on, realistically, when it can magically appear? People wonder why factions stop being active or players stop trying. The money and the work, the joy involved, is removed in many aspects.

That is far from my final goals, but to spare a long list I'll end it there. Are all these things massive? No, by far no. Do they require your help? Yes, as a community only everyone, or at least the majority, working together can true success be given. I love you guys, I love this place, why else would I come back, why else would any of us come back?

The Dream

Do I want a perfect server? Do I want a mirror image of other places? No, no and no. That would remove what it is to be MTA:RP. We don't want to mirror what others have done, we want to be unique. In a place full of constant server trees springing about and failing, one must be the main trunk that supports and allows those gone to come back.

What I want is simple, a refined and simpler MTA:RP. Much like the United States Government, over time a lot of useless shit builds up and things get destroyed (I'm looking at you British 1812 invasion), but unlike them we can act as dictators to fix and circumnavigate the all mighty constitution. Instead of President Elect Donald Trump, I give you Administration Appointed Dubby-Beatty-Ello cranberry mix.

Why this post?

Many people seem to have came back, looking for change or something different. I'm here to ask you to stay and keep with us, not a simple check in one day a month. We need you to achieve this, and we want to work with you as much as you want to work with us, with me. Give us a chance to do what we think is right, and meanwhile our ears will be wide open for anything you have to say.

Regards,
High Administrator B. Beatty.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
I wish you the best of luck, we need some big change, but nobody's been able to do it alone.

#beatty4prez

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
Most of the stuff you want to remove is the reason most people are still here, Remove the things they enjoy and it may make things worse.

Beatty

Donator
Most of the stuff you want to remove is the reason most people are still here, Remove the things they enjoy and it may make things worse.

The only thing truly being removed would be speed mods in there current state. Everything else stated is stuff that has, for the most part, already been a part of the server at one point or another. I think most people can agree the speed mod has done very little positive to the server, and while it may be fun driving around like a bat out of hell at impossible speeds and power, it makes it extremely unfair and unfun for those who cannot benefit from it. What is the purpose in buying a Sultan if I can make my lawn mower hit the same speeds? Why should I roleplay at this car show when every vehicle has the same capabilities due to unrealistic money buying of a scripted function?

Admittedly in the beginning it was a fun tool and served its main purpose of income. Now though? It's in every vehicle in the game, people wreck 24/7 and there is no care in the world for anything except a car (or lawn mower) that goes vroom for 3.7 million dollars. Even the Ambulances are speed modded, now how much sense does that make? You go faster sure, but your chances of dying on the way are much greater.

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
The only thing truly being removed would be speed mods in there current state. Everything else stated is stuff that has, for the most part, already been a part of the server at one point or another. I think most people can agree the speed mod has done very little positive to the server, and while it may be fun driving around like a bat out of hell at impossible speeds and power, it makes it extremely unfair and unfun for those who cannot benefit from it. What is the purpose in buying a Sultan if I can make my lawn mower hit the same speeds? Why should I roleplay at this car show when every vehicle has the same capabilities due to unrealistic money buying of a scripted function?

I +1 to this, if we could possibly have like actual car tuning that'd be dope af.
I might have 40 vehicles but this wouldn't bother me at all as long as I basically don't lose it all and get some compensation for it.

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator

Admittedly in the beginning it was a fun tool and served its main purpose of income. Now though? It's in every vehicle in the game, people wreck 24/7 and there is no care in the world for anything except a car (or lawn mower) that goes vroom for 3.7 million dollars. Even the Ambulances are speed modded, now how much sense does that make? You go faster sure, but your chances of dying on the way are much greater.

Okay, So what happens to the people with around 30 speedmodded vehicles and have spent a shit ton of money on? That's going to fuck everybody over, Especially the people that have donated for the sole reason of speed modding their cars.

DrJoseEvil

Donator
Just do what we did last time, remove speed mods from f7 but don't remove existing mods. Once the mods from existing mods get removed so be it. I don't use speed mods, even though I can buy quite alot with 1600 vp

Beatty

Donator
I +1 to this, if we could possibly have like actual car tuning that'd be dope af.
I might have 40 vehicles but this wouldn't bother me at all as long as I basically don't lose it all and get some compensation for it.

This is what we hope! Actual tuning, modify your own speed and power, not nearly as significantly of course, and hopefully tuned to match each vehicle and their realistic counterparts. A modified Manana might be able to beat a regular Sultan for instance, but not if you have invested and built up your Sultan ;)

All speculative of course as it's clearly not something easy to make.

Dignitize said:
Okay, So what happens to the people with around 30 speedmodded vehicles and have spent a shit ton of money on? That's going to fuck everybody over, Especially the people that have donated for the sole reason of speed modding their cars.

That is the true question is it not? There is a reason it doesn't state anywhere what, cause I don't know. This isn't an official plan, it's what I wish to achieve and what I have talked to with many players and admins alike. Like it or not, it's not done much good anywhere, but we don't plan on screwing over those who have donated hundreds for it. In the end however, most of the mods in-game currently are over a year old, and the use can be strongly justified as given.

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
Honestly, getting rid of speed mods and actually working on the RP standards will balance things out. Better RP, more diversity, and more realism, will turn into more donations and a heightened player base. I assume if they went through with a new vehicle system, they would be equally refunded for it.

In the end however, most of the mods in-game currently are over a year old, and the use can be strongly justified as given.
Basically, maybe a good return would be allowing them to keep the cars in the first place.

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
I would give up my 60+ speedmodded vehicles to enjoy roleplaying again. I dont you Beatty, but I love the ideas I hope you can push them through also.

One of the minus sides in the server has always been the too long waiting periods because no one really knew who was in charge.

Good luck and make me enjoy coming online.

>safe system
>vehicle wrapping
>promo legal rp
>fix indicators
>fix police, really. Last time I was pulled over to check If I was driving DUI it was when JTA was leading police. People now days just get pulled over thanks to the info given by speedcams.
>MODS - Remove or get better ones.
>Pst, speedmods could be refunded with VP. (Not fully)
>Make small businesses attractive for players.

Sorry for the long comment.

Vercetti

I totally agree with all the things you referred to except for one, removal of speed mods, for the following two reasons:
  • You said yourself that you don't want a mirror image of other places, speed mods are one of the things that makes MTA:RP differ from other servers.
  • Many people love speed mods, it's the reason several people are still here. Consequently, removal of speed mods will upset these people which may make things worse.
In my opinion a suitable solution would be going through with a new vehicle system that gives the ability to modify your own speed and power realistically then equivalently refunding for old speed mods.

Best of luck to you. :)

Rass

<b><span style="background: url(http://forum.ragez
Donator
I would give up my 60+ speedmodded vehicles to enjoy roleplaying again. I dont you Beatty, but I love the ideas I hope you can push them through also.

One of the minus sides in the server has always been the too long waiting periods because no one really knew who was in charge.

>safe system
>vehicle wrapping
>promo legal rp
>fix indicators
>fix police, really. Last time I was pulled over to check If I was driving DUI it was when JTA was leading police. People now days just get pulled over thanks to the info given by speedcams.

+1

Emilio

Donator
Donator

>safe system
>vehicle wrapping
>promo legal rp
>fix indicators

Speedmods could be refunded with VP. (Not fully) <<<<<< YES.
+1.

Luka

Speedmods could be refunded with VP. (Not fully) <<<<<< YES.
+1.

No thanks, even though Beatty hasn't mentioned it, economy is another problem we've had since forever. This would ruin the economy even more, and vPoints would lose on their value again and wouldn't be as much of a deal for actual donators. Not going to happen.

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
Thats the point - making donators not so important? No? #RemovePay2Win

Having high VP prices fucks economy even more. I remeber when we had a summer sale last year and I saw guys with 150hrs having 30m, complete bs. I got my first million when I had 300 hours on the server. Got 10 when I had like 600+ having a big wallet does not make you a good player lol. Sadly players like me usually know how to use them and just take some of that money.

The more product there is on the market the lower the price will be.

-Wants to map flowers on his house
-Buys 4 vP for 800k
-"Flowers on my house cost 10x more then the house itself"

sUp5rET.png