sUp5rET.png

My Goal (and hopefully yours)

herrdag

MTARP Player
Donator
Both of these things have been suggested multiple times :)

And Luka said: "Already been suggested and accepted."
But in my opinion, it should be easier to do, as we don't know if it has been implemented or not.

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
A modified Manana might be able to beat a regular Sultan for instance, but not if you have invested and built up your Sultan ;)

As somebody that is actually into cars, I'll just keep my mouth shut about how full of shit that sentence is. :) <3

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
As somebody that is actually into cars, I'll just keep my mouth shut about how full of shit that sentence is. :) <3

Why dont you offer an realistic system in that case. Dropping salty comments will not help anything. Share your knowledge..

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Why dont you offer an realistic system in that case. Dropping salty comments will not help anything. Share your knowledge..

Exactly. No offense Ryo but all you do is visit once a week, drop a reply that is either offending towards the community or salty to others. Either help or don't come at all if you're going to be toxic.

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
Exactly. No offense Ryo but all you do is visit once a week, drop a reply that is either offending towards the community or salty to others. Either help or don't come at all if you're going to be toxic.

Sorry, I have a life now which involves me not being able to get on and no-life this server.
I will admit I do get "salty" to others when they piss me off.

But to get on topic, do research, real research, and you will see what I meant. Lets switch it over to real life. Let's say a Manana is a Honda Civic and the Sultan is a Lamborghini or something. I know it's an exaggeration. But you can put alot of parts in the civic to give it 650+hp, and then put twin turbos on the lamborghini to bring it up to 750+hp, and the Civic would still be able to beat it.
It don't matter what car you have and how it's built, theres always something out there that can beat it.

Lets talk about parts now, for example if you RP adding a cold air intake to your car, you wouldn't get much change.
If you RP straight piping the exhaust on the sabre or something, allow the sound of the car to actually get changed if people wanted it to. Straight piped sabre would sound like a Hotknife, since hotknife has no real exhaust.

There, have I helped now on the car side of things?

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
Sorry, I have a life now which involves me not being able to get on and no-life this server.

But to get on topic, do research, real research, and you will see what I meant. Lets switch it over to real life. Let's say a Manana is a Honda Civic and the Sultan is a Lamborghini or something. I know it's an exaggeration. But you can put alot of parts in the civic to give it 650+hp, and then put twin turbos on the lamborghini to bring it up to 750+hp, and the Civic would still be able to beat it.
It don't matter what car you have and how it's built, theres always something out there that can beat it.

Lets talk about parts now, for example if you RP adding a cold air intake to your car, you wouldn't get much change.
If you RP straight piping the exhaust on the sabre or something, allow the sound of the car to actually get changed if people wanted it to. Straight piped sabre would sound like a Hotknife, since hotknife has no real exhaust.

Lmfao, you tell em my man.

Legit, if y'all want some help with car shit then you gotta reach out to people and not be quiet. There's plenty of people that know their shit and I for one could show a player how to build a car, roleplaying parts etc. Trouble is, that's effort to do and what's my reward? A DM jail, non RP jail, pg jail or being threatened a ban by an admin that's gotten too big for his little booties. Nah, I'll pass. lol

Scripting the system is very possible as me and minted actually merged a vehicle system into mtarp scripts before, allowing all vehicles to have a unique handling. Just a few functions were missing, such as editing traction amounts and lowering the ride height. If time is put into it, that system could be finished and used.

You want scripting done then go to mint, he does that then I'll happily make 100's of unique, realistic vehicle handlings.

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>

Legit, if y'all want some help with car shit then you gotta reach out to people and not be quiet. There's plenty of people that know their shit and I for one could show a player how to build a car, roleplaying parts etc. Trouble is, that's effort to do and what's my reward? A DM jail, non RP jail, pg jail or being threatened a ban by an admin that's gotten too big for his little booties. Nah, I'll pass. lol

Scripting the system is very possible as me and minted actually merged a vehicle system into mtarp scripts before, allowing all vehicles to have a unique handling. Just a few functions were missing, such as editing traction amounts and lowering the ride height. If time is put into it, that system could be finished and used.

You want scripting done then go to mint, he does that then I'll happily make 100's of unique, realistic vehicle handlings.

*Modelsport brings out a double-edged sword, pointing it at Beatty

derbi

<i><b><span style="color:#0077FF;"t>Estonian<br />
Donator

+1, thats so true, you can find so many videos in youtube how civic beating mustangs etc.

Beatty

Donator

We're still discussing methods to use. It's quite hard when I'm the only one who makes any real input in the administration on ideas, that's why it is taking so long.

To sum up changes, I've spent the last month trying to improve administration standards by enforcing the rules that have always been in place, but for some reason stopped being forced. How many scriptors do we have right now? Five. Tell me that's not a nice improvement. I have redone and put the Mantis back into use for easy management and following for the player as well as us (road map works as well).

Some donations perks have been removed, perks which increase your ability over other players have been increased if not removed. You can no longer buy factions, admins, or other such perks. Speed mods have decreased some 30% or 40% server wide, the roleplay quality has visibly increased minus a few incidents, not to mention the player base has increased from December of last year, has it not?

Many other small adjustments here and there have been done with changes slowly being pushed, but everyone has to understand none of this can happen overnight... A new vehicle system is hard and it is rather pointless to have any type of system based off of realism when so many vehicles on the streets still are speed modded. You can have an awesome realistic roleplay to beef up your car all nice and pretty, or you could get that five second speed mod.

This is MTA:RP, which option do you think most the server is gonna choose?

Luka

We're still discussing methods to use. It's quite hard when I'm the only one who makes any real input in the administration on ideas, that's why it is taking so long.

To sum up changes, I've spent the last month trying to improve administration standards by enforcing the rules that have always been in place, but for some reason stopped being forced. How many scriptors do we have right now? Five. Tell me that's not a nice improvement. I have redone and put the Mantis back into use for easy management and following for the player as well as us (road map works as well).

Some donations perks have been removed, perks which increase your ability over other players have been increased if not removed. You can no longer buy factions, admins, or other such perks. Speed mods have decreased some 30% or 40% server wide, the roleplay quality has visibly increased minus a few incidents, not to mention the player base has increased from December of last year, has it not?

Many other small adjustments here and there have been done with changes slowly being pushed, but everyone has to understand none of this can happen overnight... A new vehicle system is hard and it is rather pointless to have any type of system based off of realism when so many vehicles on the streets still are speed modded. You can have an awesome realistic roleplay to beef up your car all nice and pretty, or you could get that five second speed mod.

Boom.

Modelsport

Donator

I'll happily open a mod shop and roleplay anything to people's cars charge extortionately and charity the money if that's going to help. You have to chose where the server goes, that's your job. Obviously the players are going to want the easiest route to succeess however all you're going to have to say is that with a realistic system involved the vehicles can achieve speeds better than what the current power and speed system achieves and that's with the roleplay included.

We do not need the donation perks and anyone complaining about how they've donated for these speed mods or whatever then they have to understand that when they donate, they donate to keep the server up and to benefit for the server and not for themselves. Donating for pay to win perks is their choice as you can see by my donation amount that I've probably donated ten times your average joe and I'm here fully supporting a reset whether I've bought pay to win perks or not. I used the points on what was available and I have no care if it's all removed as long as a realistic system is implemented. Like I said I'd happily create vehicles for people but car parts should be a thing the player has to buy and have placed into the vehicle so that it brings down the economy gradually.

One thing to understand for the players is that if a system is implemented then all vehicles will more than likely be removed. Once vehicles start spawning again we can have them like never before. Some handlings will be fantastic stock, leading no one to need or want to modify the vehicles anyway.

The only thing you all really need a community vote on is whether you want real cars implemented, such as sultans but not all of them are called sultan, they'll all have different real life cars names. However that's similar to another community, hence why I'm saying you'd want a community vote also.

You may just think I'm hooked into DM'ing everyone I see, but if that was the case I don't believe I'd be sat here trying to help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beatty

Donator
A reset is not a viable option, not for a while at least. Any type of reset wouldn't achieve any goals anyway, the way the economy is it'll stop nothing. I have ideas again to help fix this, but again, takes time for it to be fully thought up and scripted.

An entire system has already been thought up by myself for over a week, but it's trying to get other people to help with the feedback. Look at any post on the public forum and you can quickly see why asking the community to help out with it will be a horrific idea. The vehicle system thread is a perfect example, instead of talking about something we can do, everyone insinuated all speed mods were being removed with no refunds that day. Like it or not, this server was a Pay2Win for years and we are dealing with that blow back here and now.

If everything was simply removed, are you willing to help pay off all the charge-backs? If we did a reset, are you willing to deal with the massive complaints? I would guess maybe only 20% or 30%of the people on the server really truly disagree fully with it, but those people are the ones we have to worry about. As part of the admin team and a head admin yes, it is my part to help guide and move the server. This isn't a dictatorship however, I cannot simply do something because I want to. If I believed in that I would have changed everything to how I wanted it already and Ello would probably be just a tad upset when he finds out a month later (haha).

The new vehicle system is planned to be heavily tied into the economy and the players, not just the administration. In fact, players are suppose to take the leading role in it, but I don't wanna say more on it yet.

As for the economy, peoples max amount of stats has been changed. 5/5 is still for veh/interiors, but even with perks you can only increase these by a few points (this was done quietly to avoid people like Zander complaining they can't buy a whole town anymore). The next big problem is how to deal with MTA:RP's character problem, no one is okay with starting over or developing their characters besides a few, like DrJoseEvil. If you die, you buy a stat transfer and rename your character with the II or changing an L to an i, the only thing I think which would truly solve this 'thought process' in the long run is forcing players be removing stat transfers entirely, but again, backlash would probably be high since some people own 70 vehicles housed in a warehouse they never touch. Economy has no meaning, drugs have no meaning, weapons have no meaning, items have no meaning, none of it does as long as all you have to do is get a cheap, almost free stat transfer to pretend you never died and set yourself back into the faction, the house, or w/e you had beforehand.

I guarantee you people would care more if dying actually meant dying.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrJoseEvil

Donator
A reset is not a viable option, not for a while at least. Any type of reset wouldn't achieve any goals anyway, the way the economy is it'll stop nothing. I have ideas again to help fix this, but again, takes time for it to be fully thought up and scripted.

An entire system has already been thought up by myself for over a week, but it's trying to get other people to help with the feedback. Look at any post on the public forum and you can quickly see why asking the community to help out with it will be a horrific idea. The vehicle system thread is a perfect example, instead of talking about something we can do, everyone insinuated all speed mods were being removed with no refunds that day. Like it or not, this server was a Pay2Win for years and we are dealing with that blow back here and now.

If everything was simply removed, are you willing to help pay off all the charge-backs? If we did a reset, are you willing to deal with the massive complaints? I would guess maybe only 20% or 30%of the people on the server really truly disagree fully with it, but those people are the ones we have to worry about. As part of the admin team and a head admin yes, it is my part to help guide and move the server. This isn't a dictatorship however, I cannot simply do something because I want to. If I believed in that I would have changed everything to how I wanted it already and Ello would probably be just a tad upset when he finds out a month later (haha).

The new vehicle system is planned to be heavily tied into the economy and the players, not just the administration. In fact, players are suppose to take the leading role in it, but I don't wanna say more on it yet.

As for the economy, peoples max amount of stats has been changed. 5/5 is still for veh/interiors, but even with perks you can only increase these by a few points (this was done quietly to avoid people like Zander complaining they can't buy a whole town anymore). The next big problem is how to deal with MTA:RP's character problem, no one is okay with starting over or developing their characters besides a few, like DrJoseEvil. If you die, you buy a stat transfer and rename your character with the II or changing an L to an i, the only thing I think which would truly solve this 'thought process' in the long run is forcing players be removing stat transfers entirely, but again, backlash would probably be high since some people own 70 vehicles housed in a warehouse they never touch. Economy has no meaning, drugs have no meaning, weapons have no meaning, items have no meaning, none of it does as long as all you have to do is get a cheap, almost free stat transfer to pretend you never died and set yourself back into the faction, the house, or w/e you had beforehand.

I guarantee you people would care more if dying actually meant dying.

Make stat stat transfers only available via $ on UCP, instead of making them cheap IG (or make them really expensive, but decent IG), or even put limits on the amount of stuff you can stat transfer at a time, such as max 5 houses/5 vehicles at a time, so people cant keep everything unrealistically.

Modelsport

Donator
Again, that's a percentage of players. They don't seem to understand the concept of roleplay. I login and half the people I pass do not even roleplay, so they're not benefiting the server with anything other than a player count.

Stat transfers should remain, that's one thing I disagree with. However I absolutely hate people that use the same character name over and over again. Yes I was this person before I moved to an extremely high standard roleplay server and I thought to myself what the fuck was I doing on mtarp with II III IV V VI VII VX X XV etc etc. But it's the same with people like Luka, Jose, Name (ily) and countless others that die and they change the name on the ucp of the dead character then make a new character with the same name or one letter different in Jose's case.

Though something you should introduce is when someone disregards their life towards someone holding a gun they should be cked for doing so. Makes no sense in some situations how they have balls of steel.

Beatty

Donator
Again, that's a percentage of players. They don't seem to understand the concept of roleplay. I login and half the people I pass do not even roleplay, so they're not benefiting the server with anything other than a player count.

Stat transfers should remain, that's one thing I disagree with. However I absolutely hate people that use the same character name over and over again. Yes I was this person before I moved to an extremely high standard roleplay server and I thought to myself what the fuck was I doing on mtarp with II III IV V VI VII VX X XV etc etc. But it's the same with people like Luka, Jose, Name (ily) and countless others that die and they change the name on the ucp of the dead character then make a new character with the same name or one letter different in Jose's case.

Though something you should introduce is when someone disregards their life towards someone holding a gun they should be cked for doing so. Makes no sense in some situations how they have balls of steel.

They won't care, they'll continue it since again, stat transfers are cheap and everywhere, everyone has them. You cannot foce people to RP fear if there is no fear to RP, the fear of death does not exist to them. Look everywhere else, no one has such cheap and blatant ways to obviously pretend no one has died.

sUp5rET.png