sUp5rET.png

My Goal (and hopefully yours)

Emilio

Donator
Donator
Thats the point - making donators not so important? No? #RemovePay2Win

Having high VP prices fucks economy even more. I remeber when we had a summer sale last year and I saw guys with 150hrs having 30m, complete bs. I got my first million when I had 300 hours on the server. Got 10 when I had like 600+ having a big wallet does not make you a good player lol. Sadly players like me usually know how to use them and just take some of that money.

The more product there is on the market the lower the price will be.

-Wants to map flowers on his house
-Buys 4 vP for 800k
-"Flowers on my house cost 10x more then the house itself"

So fucking true m8

GamingBox

[b] Staff? Idk even anymore [/b]
Thats the point - making donators not so important? No? #RemovePay2Win

Having high VP prices fucks economy even more. I remeber when we had a summer sale last year and I saw guys with 150hrs having 30m, complete bs. I got my first million when I had 300 hours on the server. Got 10 when I had like 600+ having a big wallet does not make you a good player lol. Sadly players like me usually know how to use them and just take some of that money.

The more product there is on the market the lower the price will be.

-Wants to map flowers on his house
-Buys 4 vP for 800k
-"Flowers on my house cost 10x more then the house itself"

I remeber when I got my first million. It was at about 750h mark. But yeah #RemovePay2Win

Last edited by a moderator:

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
No thanks, even though Beatty hasn't mentioned it, economy is another problem we've had since forever. This would ruin the economy even more, and vPoints would lose on their value again and wouldn't be as much of a deal for actual donators. Not going to happen.

This basically. The only way i could see refunds working stabily is what Vercetti said. Refunding through VP would cause chaos and even kill the economy even more.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Most of the stuff you want to remove is the reason most people are still here, Remove the things they enjoy and it may make things worse.

If they're here to simply be superior, then why not allow them to leave and allow quality RPers in.

This was a vision of mine for a long time however, not many people listen to me but oh well.

I love it Beatty, I wish you good luck, and will help in any way I can :p

Finally someone wants to make RP actual RP and to actually be rational, good job Beatty (when people like me and former players tried to tell you guys all of these but you guys ignore it and then say how it isn't a smart idea lol ;-;)!

In my opinion, donation perks should not affect anything IC (nowadays they do, kinda removing the donation factor of the donation), especially since donations are based on OOC factors of course (and to be fair, donations were always supposed to be well, donations, players supporting the community as a whole as opposed to players donating to benefit themselves, but too bad the international society does not understand charity).

Speed mods must go in general, we aren't a racing server but we are a RP server and hey, RP is supposed to be realistic (although living the dream but still realistic).

I know exactly how Zander feels about rply earning money as opposed to use OOC money and perks to get IC money in an instant, to be fair, although the pay-to-win is why some players stay, it is also a reason why many players left in the first place (well just an assumption).

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
The High Administration (aka cranberry mix) is discussing current ways to go about certain ideas here, obviously the biggest one being speed mods. The removal of such would not be an empty void, we fully want to and hope to replace with a working vehicle modification system that is realistic, roleplayed and for all to have a fair chance with. That alone is paramount to the success of it. Any mentions here, I assure I have already brought up and am one step ahead of you in finding ways to work with it.

>safe system
>vehicle wrapping
>promo legal rp
>fix indicators
>fix police, really. Last time I was pulled over to check If I was driving DUI it was when JTA was leading police. People now days just get pulled over thanks to the info given by speedcams.
>MODS - Remove or get better ones.
>Pst, speedmods could be refunded with VP. (Not fully)
>Make small businesses attractive for players.

Explain on the first two, and I'll counter those.

Expect factions to be available to anyone here shortly. No donating, no begging and no more hassle. You will require administrator approval on interiors or vehicles added still, as well as anything major that doesn't involved add/removing players, ranks, money, and the basics, so the checks are not going away. This alone should help flourish legal Roleplay in its own right. I've been there, I've done it, I know how hard it is to start a business without an easy way to keep track of members, to pay them easily without a banking system in place aside from F3. The goal here on this one is very simply; give access to all and give all the ability to run what business or faction they want, whenever. Government factions are of course disallowed without cranberry mix approval, illegals we still have to talk on but I expect it to work out.

Indicators?

The police as well as ES are one of my top priorities. I always try to stress that the first people new players generally see are admins and first respondents. When you don't get a good rep from one, the image falls apart.

As for mods, I won't step on this here. That is a community decision, especially since you can disable them if you dislike them.

I totally agree with all the things you referred to except for one, removal of speed mods, for the following two reasons:
  • You said yourself that you don't want a mirror image of other places, speed mods are one of the things that makes MTA:RP differ from other servers.
  • Many people love speed mods, it's the reason several people are still here. Consequently, removal of speed mods will upset these people which may make things worse.
In my opinion a suitable solution would be going through with a new vehicle system that gives the ability to modify your own speed and power realistically then equivalently refunding for old speed mods.

Best of luck to you. :)

We plan to, check previous posts.

As for everyone and the vPoints/economic bulletins, everyone is basically correct. The real issue is finding a balance. The In-Game economy itself is inflated, and to be honest it always will be. This is a game after all, everyone's goal is to make money, and it is incredibly easy to make money. The only real solution is relying on players to act rational and realistic with their money, and most of them do as you can clearly see when you drive around towns. Do you see ferraris and infernuses everywhere? No, you see common vehicles, modest housing and honestly way fewer stat whores than this server is used to. The economy will never be normal, the only hope is that players, at least the majority, try to make it seem normal. vPoints being over inflated is its own problem of itself, and to be honest might present a large problem for the first few months, but more discussion should be had on it.

Random idea (don't get aggravated) but what if we changed it so that when you are shot, you literally are to RP the injuries as opposed to being PK'd?

Edit: literally was just a random idea that randomly sprung in my head, probably stupid but idk xD

Beatty

Donator
Random idea (don't get aggravated) but what if we changed it so that when you are shot, you literally are to RP the injuries as opposed to being PK'd?

Edit: literally was just a random idea that randomly sprung in my head, probably stupid but idk xD

It's how the original injury system was intended to work, if you shoot someone in the arm, the arms breaks. Leg, leg breaks. /injuries shows injuries yatta yatta

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator

*William Tran uses a welder to melt the skin around Joe's neck to reattach his head.

Guess I was high or smth lol (reality: still sick irl so can't really think straight :( )

herrdag

MTARP Player
Donator
So, the Police would need to be fixed. When recruiting, they can just come to the HQ, and talk to an officer, officer talks to HC, and they get accepted. When PD mostly needs backup, the HC are mostly unavailable because of recruiting new members. Which means, we need to use the website that we have/had lots more, than to be interrupted by someone that wants to join or reinstate. And I would love doing routine stops on vehicles, like instead of pulling over a vehicle that have been caught on the speedcams. And I want more realism, by the fact by removing the speedmods, and add engines we can swap, to get the cars faster (Thats more like speedmods, but much harder to get, and needs more RP to get.) And lots of people with 50pwrs being badasses, escaping the PD by just driving off like a maniac, and we never find them again, by changing color and maybe the plates, because we cant see the cars by their VIN.

We also need more RP fear, as I went undercover PD, and had out my MP5, (He was armed, sorry for not following FOM) he decided to run, and pull his pistol against me, instead of having his hands up, and deal with it. That have been a very big problem lately, and I want this to be fixed. We were also lots of PD against this person, he called me alot, and then shut off the phones. (Okay, that is smart.) But they could still have the blip for another 1 minute or something, for us to know his last known location, so we would have more time to know where he was, instead of removing the blip, and we can't find him at all. (I know F11 could be checked, but maybe we dont think about checking it.)

That's all that I had in mind.

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
Explain on the first two, and I'll counter those.

1.For the starters.. just a few examples of vehicle wrapping. Basically a system what will let people make their car truly their car via making a paintjob for their car. They have to upload a file with the new look of the car. When applied cars would look this. We all know this is possible.
CBcoL.jpg

qTqGDeT.jpg

((Out of topic, I've been on servers what also use rim and backlight mods. What are cool also, If we could get some modern rims into the game it would be awesome. Man some cool BBS rims for your V12 Oceanic?))

2. What I mean under safe system is a system where you can put same type of items into the safe easier. Currently if you want to RP a drug dealer and if you have about 100 joints on you what you want to sell it will take like 5 minutes to put them into the safe. What I would like to see is a menu where you could choose what you want to put in/take out and how many units of it.

Pst as one of the biggest stat whore of the server, I can assure you that we are still here. We just dont show off our stuff.

Beatty

Donator
1.For the starters.. just a few examples of vehicle wrapping. Basically a system what will let people make their car truly their car via making a paintjob for their car. They have to upload a file with the new look of the car. When applied cars would look this. We all know this is possible.
CBcoL.jpg

qTqGDeT.jpg

((Out of topic, I've been on servers what also use rim and backlight mods. What are cool also, If we could get some modern rims into the game it would be awesome. Man some cool BBS rims for your V12 Oceanic?))

2. What I mean under safe system is a system where you can put same type of items into the safe easier. Currently if you want to RP a drug dealer and if you have about 100 joints on you what you want to sell it will take like 5 minutes to put them into the safe. What I would like to see is a menu where you could choose what you want to put in/take out and how many units of it.

Pst as one of the biggest stat whore of the server, I can assure you that we are still here. We just dont show off our stuff.

I would make a suggestion so mainly Luka can see it.

sUp5rET.png