sUp5rET.png

Something needs to be done..

Jaketsui

Donator
Donator
The illegal RP is slowly going inactive and dying.. The 24 hour jail, 3 PD factions etc. No one wants to sell few guns to earn 50k and then sit 24h in jail.. The jail time is fine but the fact that there is 3 PD factions and like 1-2 active illegal factions..

This server needs to lower the amount of Cops.. The player base is not big enough for 50 cops -.-

Today i drove around town and saw +10 cops and like 2-3 possible gang/mafia members..

In my opinion 1 PD faction with 10-20 active members would be enough. Or 2 factions with 5-10 active members each.

Edit.
I have almost fully given up the illegal RP (Except some weapon dealing) Cause its not worth the risk when 50% of the ppl online are cops..

Banaanikilppari

Donator
Donator
I agree, there is way too much cops comparing to illegal rp players, no one want to do it since one mistake, little illegal activity and you are going to jail for 24hours.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
If you get caught while dealing guns, you might consider changing your tactic..

I have to agree with Michael.
Go outside and look around. cops are everywhere.. The criminals do NOT overpower the police. Yet many of them get away daily.
If you are getting caught while trying to carry out an Illegal Life you are doing it wrong..
Its possible to deal your stuff, or really anything you want without striking the attention of the police. But if you are dumb enough to do it right in front of the police, then you are GOING to get caught, and when they raid your base its because of your own stupid actions. Dont expect to camp out in your base and kill every cop that walks in, Because in RL if SWAT goes in to raid a house, and SWAT calls shots fired, officer down over the radio you had best bet that every officer in every surrounding county is going straight to them!

I think there is a fair balance at the moment.

As for the jail being 24 hours, We dealt with complaining about it being 167 Hours, so we lowered it. This isnt a one sided argument, You don't get to cry your way out of something and get exactly 100% what you want at all times. We compromised on our jail times, we expect you to compromise and actually Roleplay for a change.

BrastaSauce

Donator
Donator
As for the jail being 24 hours, We dealt with complaining about it being 167 Hours, so we lowered it.
First to begin with, I agree with 24 hour limit. 168 was way wrong and I'm glad it was fixed.

This isnt a one sided argument, You don't get to cry your way out of something and get exactly 100% what you want at all times.
This just comes off as rude. There is a suggestions thread for suggestions. Just because he makes a suggestion doesn't mean he's crying and he thinks he's going to get anything.

we expect you to compromise and actually Roleplay for a change.
Once again, he is just making a suggestion. You do not have to come out as rude and say that no one roleplays, and that you should for a change.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
First to begin with, I agree with 24 hour limit. 168 was way wrong and I'm glad it was fixed.

This just comes off as rude. There is a suggestions thread for suggestions. Just because he makes a suggestion doesn't mean he's crying and he thinks he's going to get anything.

Once again, he is just making a suggestion. You do not have to come out as rude and say that no one roleplays, and that you should for a change.

lol

Chase

Um, money means absolutely shit here soooo yeah, that's a huge factor when it comes to illegal RP. Since, anyone who participates in illegal dealings is looking to make dough.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator

The problem with half the suggestions lately, is that they are to go against everything we do to try and improve the server. Braunson can vouch for me on this, The last 5 things we've tried to add, Everyone QQ'd until it was removed. Why should we even try anymore if no one can handle a little change?

Chase

The problem with half the suggestions lately, is that they are to go against everything we do to try and improve the server. Braunson can vouch for me on this, The last 5 things we've tried to add, Everyone QQ'd until it was removed. Why should we even try anymore if no one can handle a little change?

Can I kindly ask who requested 180 hours for PD jails to be max?

Jaketsui

Donator
Donator
And to add i think 90%? Of the admins RP as cop and admins are more on cops side than illegal so in 90% of the time admins listen to cop not the illegal guy.. And just saying when 95% of the factions are legal its too much. And this is not QQ i can handle my shit :p Never got caught and im keeping it that way.. Just saying.. Lower the amount of cops...

Braunson

The real MVP
Braunson can vouch for me on this, The last 5 things we've tried to add, Everyone QQ'd until it was removed. Why should we even try anymore if no one can handle a little change?

A Big issue is this. When adding something to the server we have to take into consideration to how it can be abused. There are a number of features that we can't add to the server or tried to add that would simply not work because of abuse of the system or knowing that people will just make ANOTHER thread to get it removed. Its really unfortunate that things work that way lol. I can mostly confirm right now that we will not be switching back to the old PD Jail. But I can also say that we do listen to your feedback with what we do.
Guess we will just have to see how things play out

Thanks for the feedback :D

Jakobsen

Donator
Donator
And to add i think 90%? Of the admins RP as cop and admins are more on cops side than illegal so in 90% of the time admins listen to cop not the illegal guy.. And just saying when 95% of the factions are legal its too much. And this is not QQ i can handle my shit :p Never got caught and im keeping it that way.. Just saying.. Lower the amount of cops...

*Cough* Dinapoli *Cough.* Well, not that admins are siding with Dinapoli, but most of the Dinapoli familiy are admins.

I also agree with Overload, IRL there would be 10-15 cops responding to an officer down, if not even more!

KantoRed

Go outside and look around. cops are everywhere...

I think there is a fair balance at the moment.

1. As a New Yorker, the proportion of Cops:people is not as high as in the game. About 1/4 of the server aren't cops on one alt. About 1/2 of the 1/4 players (1/8 of the server) is illegal. So I'd say with 7/8 people being cops, the amount of policing does need to be lower. I really don't think having THREE PD departments (LSPD, SPD, and SASD) is necessary or even beneficial to RP.

sUp5rET.png