sUp5rET.png

What can we do?

Torecee

Here is what happens in the server all day long:

All you do is rampage around all day long until you're happy enough to trigger a copy into chasing you. You then start complaining because the cops did not RP ramming you off the road, send in a report and hope the right admin takes it. You QQ some more, blame eachother, shout at eachother with CAPS on, and then find your situation voided.

Here are some points that bother me:

1. None of the players have anything to work for.. everyone alerady has 200 AK's, 200 M4's and 600 UZI's lying around.. They've got 50m on the bank, 7 houses and 24 cars.
  2. Short on money? Hit f5 and stash your bank account! It's all fun and games.. but donating for money is an unfair situation. Donations are OOC, and should never be mixed with an IC issue.
  3. LSPD, SPD, CSD, LSCF, USMC.......... We've had a ton of police factions, and none never came off the ground, because every faction does the same, and we're all wasting players on double functions.
    We need to go back to 1 organised police faction. And no more buying factions!
  4. A city without a government Since we dont have a government, we have noone who orders the police factions to stop pulling off rediculous moves like patrolling in sultans, or shooting at civillians because they're trying to get away. I say we hold tri-monthly elections for the governer, and have the FRT team closely monitor what they're doing.
  5. Speedmods Can we please stop RUINING our entire traffic system with all those speedmods? If we would all drive at normal speeds again, there would be actual RP again, instead of racing around the city. It would be RP to make a car go 30km/h faster with a speedmod, not all the way to 200km/h.. ((Say AYE all of you who have ever hit the 200km/h on your car in real life..))
  6. Here is my money, I want to be admin Admin status should be earned, not bought.
  7. Undetectable Extension Charm Okay, so I've got an uzi with 7 ammopacks, a cellphone, a PDA, a GPS, tollpass, phonebook, a set of random generics, 12 donuts, a helmet, a TV, 4 chairs and a prefabricated kitchen, and all of this fits in my backpack! Don't we all love Harry Potter!
    -> Every item should get a certain 'weight' and a player will only be able to hold amount X of items on them. Same applies for vehicles. You can't transport 40 tables on a dirtbike.
  8. Boats So yeah.. there is no use for boats. How about a random drug smuggling ship that sails by at random times, and you need to enter it, not be spotted by NPC's (like in singleplayer, guards walking around, which kill you.) and if you manage to get away, you get raw drugs, which need processing in SF or whatever. (not 'you have found 20 LSD!')

Must admit, +1 for the recent new features such as wearables and the car delivery system. Good work!

Copy below for easy replying!
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR="#40E0D0"]None of the players have anything to work for..[/COLOR]  
[*][COLOR="#40E0D0"]Short on money? Hit f5 and stash your bank account! [/COLOR] 
[*][COLOR="#40E0D0"]LSPD, SPD, CSD, LSCF, USMC.......... [/COLOR] 
[*][COLOR="#40E0D0"]A city without a government [/COLOR] 
[*][COLOR="#40E0D0"]Speedmods [/COLOR] ((AYE for 200km/h)) <--remove this before posting, unless you ever drove 200km/h inside the city
[*][COLOR="#40E0D0"]Here is my money, I want to be admin [/COLOR] 
[*][COLOR="#40E0D0"]Undetectable Extension Charm [/COLOR] 
[*][COLOR="#40E0D0"]Boats [/COLOR]
[/LIST]

Last edited by a moderator:

Agel

-The problem is, and I think it has come to everyone's attention that when somebody joins the server, he has no idea of what he has to do..
If he doesn't already know these stuff, or if somebody doesn't teach them to him, he won't be able to find them. Even that book we got in
the begining, that describes the city and all, doesn't describe how to make our first footsteps on the server..And unless you join a faction,
legal or illegal, there's nothing to do actually..You just see a guy spawning in front of the city hall, wandering arround, he might attempt
to steel a bike or so, that's all. In a couple of days he might just quit playing, because he didn't know how to act.

-Everything is about the money , and I don't mean the IC money, but IRL. You can have everything in MTA:RP if you have
the money to pay for it..Faction, IC money, maps, everything.

Driga

<b><span style="color:#C41414;"t>Veteran</b><br />
Donator
As some of you already mentioned, donator perks are just not fair. If you spend some money and donate to the server, you can pretty much do anything. You can be a total nub with total 2 hours and still donate for admin. You can become the richest person on the server and own 50 speedmodded vehicles even if you suck at Rp.

The two perks I would like removed are Speedmods and money. I personally would be very very happy if the speedmod was removed completly, because every other player owns atleast one vehicle, which goes up to 200km/h!

weelawn

<b><span style="color:#DA81F5;"t>Irish Pride!</b><
Donator
Yes, I like the idea of a new job in city hall, so here's what I came up with:
I was thinking of a fishing job which involves you to have a fishing permit. I think this would be a real impact on the server as we nearly already have all the resources at the minute. All it would take it is a bit of scripting for the license and were good to go.

jamespond007

Donator
Donator
Make it clear where binds are allowed and where not to.

Make sure all admins read off the same sheet

Make it easier for legal RP to work (this however is mostly player base but could also help if easier to get things for the businesses to set up)

have cops turn a blind eye every now and again sure I understand speeding etc is a problem area but cause RP is set in mostly hotspots, people often speed getting to there houses and back again and a few times this is where people get caught out, be even tougher for legal people as they want to keep there MDC record clean.

Install scripts (Yes I know scripting takes time but if there was one where for example faction had properties maybe they can have perks where they can open up faction interiors as part of that perk rather than having to keep changing locks ans hand out keys, yes I know that's RP and happens IRL but being a game there is also underlay a trust issue where you got to trust the player fully IC and OOC before handing a key (Before you start I know it IC and is mixing but everyone does it even you))

Make it somehow more profitable for factions to buy things for cheap bit like the gun/drug NPCs but maybe a supply box NPC that near cheap and maybe other cheap NPC's where they could buy stock and actually aim to make a profit.

If faction interiors get added maybe add it so that all business profit goes straight into faction bank?

Players need to accept cars are worth less with more miles on the clock, I don't suggest for 1 minute you add random breakdowns, although it possible I guess, but this would enable more used car dealers to open up. Maybe add a thing where you get in drivers seat and a little message says "this car is bla bla car and is XX days old"? I ain't a scripter but I would imagine it just seeking a query to database to find the date it was added to server? A hopeful simple thing but could provide RP from that.

weelawn

<b><span style="color:#DA81F5;"t>Irish Pride!</b><
Donator
We have a working fishing job.

Well then make it more common to other players, i;m nearly sure they don't even know it's there. But...
We don't have a 'Fishing permit' for the fishing system. This will enhance the RP for PD and make them that they have to patrol on the water to get their suspects as well, it will expand it out more.

Swinekills

Donator
Donator
  1. LSPD, SPD, CSD, LSCF, USMC.......... We've had a ton of police factions, and none never came off the ground, because every faction does the same, and we're all wasting players on double functions.
    We need to go back to 1 organised police faction. And no more buying factions!

1. This is easy for you since you already own the PD, but you're going to sit here and say that now the people whom have already paid for the factions should have there factions ripped from there hands and the money they spent just be pretty much put off with a big fuck you? I am one of the PD owners and personally I don't think i'm doing terrible. It's easy to speak when you're controlling the faction but it's not fair to the people whom have already done and spent money on the faction?

Also to add a Suggestion, Bring back licenses and what not, not sure if it was said, it's lame that a person can log on and automatically have a license?

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
This is easy for you since you already own the PD, but you're going to sit here and say that now the people whom have already paid for the factions should have there factions ripped from there hands and the money they spent just be pretty much put off with a big fuck you? I am one of the PD owners and personally I don't think i'm doing terrible. It's easy to speak when you're controlling the faction but it's not fair to the people whom have already done and spent money on the faction?

Also to add a Suggestion, Bring back licenses and what not, not sure if it was said, it's lame that a person can log on and automatically have a license?

No, no. You only get a license if you have one on an alt, then you get one every time you make an alt, I believe that's what it is.

Swinekills

Donator
Donator
Few more ideas I've had since sitting around,
1. DMV Faction, along with the idea of licenses, how about an actual faction that you take a class for and everything, brings more RP to the server.
2. Get rid of the stupid walk up to car hit f and bam you just bought a car. Make it a real dealership that someone owns, they want more inventory, bam theres a new job, Truck Driver, sometimes delivers more inventory of cars to the person. It's pretty unrealistic that I walk up to a glowing I and just hit f and boom I just paid for a car.

Leonie

Also would be nice if the pay of the jobs were raised cause doing a 15 min bus route for 1k isn't worth spending my time on. What about a trucking job where you get a load in ls and drive it to lv or get a load in sf and drive it some where in lv and this way these other citys would become more active and more rp would be in these citys and im talking about the big semi trucks with trailers not the small trucks.

15 min bus route for 1k IRL would be a load of money, money system isn't good anyways- let's not fuck it up more.

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
Ive noticed one more thing, you should be able to get free stuff or buy stuff from your own business, at the moment you can't.

BlueNinja

Donator
Donator
+1 ! Like not just roll up on anybody and just start opening fire or if you hear i got drugs or guns not rob them.
The warns and such are often necessary. We need people that aren't going to listen to staff or follow rules to be taken care of so the rest of us can have a good time. I would like to see more events. In fact, i'm trying to make a comeback myself and I have a huge mapped race track. I think I might be willing to help organize something if conditions work out the way we hope they can.

Aside from that, I think it would be wise if our 'Rival' communities would learn to play well together and actually help each other out instead of attack each other. That might help a lot.

Vanilla Bean

Make the economy realistic, and please stop basing everything on donations.

The whole point of roleplay is to basically start from nothing, and build a virtual life that's done with hard work and dedication. My first illegal alt here, I had $250,000 in under 40 hours of gameplay on him. To properly RP as a gangster I had to start turning down money, and buy really cheap vehicles to act the role as a gangster, even though I had a shit ton of money in my bank account. State Benefits are way to high $1250? for real though, that's near 4 times what that government gives you for unemployment in real life. $1250, that's a full time job pay cheque right there. Remove the renting vehicles script to, it's so stupid. If people want a vehicle they should go work for it, and actually earn it. I'd rather drive a $12,000 Clover knowing I worked hard to get it, rather than driving a $750,000 Cheetah knowing I did shit all to earn it. People stay at RP server for long amounts of times, making it a permanent place to play when they know how much work they put in to achieve the shit that they've earned.

As for the donors I understand that the server needs some source of income to be able to run, but when you have people donating to become administrators, game masters, factions, be released from admin jail, etc. That's a huge slap to MTA:RP's face, and it's actually embarrassing. Get your shit together, fix things up, release new scripts often, do something. There's a RP server race, and we're clearly losing.

[video=youtube;FAeAp9MzPtk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAeAp9MzPtk[/video]

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
  1. None of the players have anything to work for..
  2. Short on money? Hit f5 and stash your bank account!
  3. LSPD, SPD, CSD, LSCF, USMC..........
  4. A city without a government
  5. Speedmods ((AYE for 200km/h)) <--remove this before posting, unless you ever drove 200km/h inside the city
  6. Here is my money, I want to be admin
  7. Undetectable Extension Charm
  8. Boats

1. While this is kind of true, it only applies to those people who've been playing here forever and ever and of course those who donated. Guns are are way to easy to obtain, like seriously out of the 15 new players (10 hours or less) I've talked to the last week, 9 had guns. Other then that, we can't wipe and anything donation wise won't be changed. It's the attitude of the players ultimately.

2. You donated, if you want to spend that on a little In-Game money then sure.

3. You know my stance on this but it will never go back to that. The factions always get bought again by some dumbass who has never ran a faction before and doesn't know how to. In the end it provides a source of money, a very large one, and it will stay.

4. I've tried talking about this before and it won't happen. Regulating isn't allowed, so a Government would be entirely useless.

5. Agree 100%. Worst thing to ever happen to this server was the god damn speed mods. Thank God we can CK anyone who crashes with a speedmod now.

6. No.

7. Takes a lot of time to script but yes... I'm tried of finding people with 60 painkillers, a huge stash of guns etc. etc. THEN THEY COMPLAIN WHEN THEY DIE AND IT'S GONE!

8. Would be cool.

sUp5rET.png