sUp5rET.png

What can we do?

Braunson

The real MVP
Most people actually don't know how to RP, when they join MTA:RP. When they make a character, they just take a quick RP test, which has no use
since they can just see those stuff somewhere, or someone could help them with that, and they would pass..
-I suggest we have some short of "video" that will describe the basic theories of RP, and when that ends, then the player should go on with a more
advanced quiz, not just questions like: "On which side of the road do cars drive in MTA" .

There would be no way for us to show a video in MTA, the functionality is not there.

As for admin approved application, there's always the issue were there might not be enough Admins on at the time.

Mutkanz

Donator
Donator
As for admin approved application, there's always the issue were there might not be enough Admins on at the time.
What if like information would be posted somewhere near ticketcenter, so all admins would notice that? Still it might be a problem ?

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
What if like information would be posted somewhere near ticketcenter, so all admins would notice that? Still it might be a problem ?

Well, it still would be because admins aren't online or on the ticket center 24/7, this would probably take more time and the player would leave, that's my opinion.

BlazinLV

So, i think server needs to make something like in LS-R*. At mtarp.co will be an UCP with questions with server rules, rp termins, and something like this.. Player send application to testers and tester will accept or decline player app. //Via Phone

Torecee

It is possible to script a tutorial in MTARP tho. You show the player a certain screen (as of freecamming) and then use the textbox to explain what is going on.
shouldnt be too hard as far as I know

Bunny

MTA:RP Forum Legend
It is possible to script a tutorial in MTARP tho. You show the player a certain screen (as of freecamming) and then use the textbox to explain what is going on.
shouldnt be too hard as far as I know
Sounds like SAMP.. LOl

But if this is possible, I'd like this.
Might be annoying for new players that already know how to RP though

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
A Pet system, We need pets, dogs cats birds fish ANYTHING
A dog system please, Please PLease Please

Akirohana

People'd just use the "magic inventory" and carry around 200 sandwiches and 200 cups of coffee- and are like: "/b "Sec, I'm hungry, going to OOCly eat something to prevent an IC issue", then they open their inventory and eat 10 sandwiches and 10 cups of coffee or whatever food/drink they carry, avoiding RPing hunger by stashing food and eating it whenever it lowers.

Admins are there to check the inventory. You have something non-RP with you, warn/jail.

Swinekills

Donator
Donator
Make it illegal for people to say "RP THAT".... It's an RP server for a reason, no need to remind me of what I have to do?

Subby D

Haven't been on here in a while but I remember when I played there was no RP way to get drugs and the gun NPC system was really non-rp. Possibly make getting guns and drugs more roleplay and possible without donating. Like old servers used to have it where you get mats or chemicals and either have to make the drugs through learning the process. People earned mats through scrapping other items for parts and had a job in a faction where a random npc would page them at different locations and the person would need to hurry to buy guns with the number of mats he/she had. Or maybe move to SF and re-map a lot of it plus a major script update or just get a bigger team of mapper/scripters and keep them active to change things up.

Mutkanz

Donator
Donator
Haven't been on here in a while but I remember when I played there was no RP way to get drugs and the gun NPC system was really non-rp. Possibly make getting guns and drugs more roleplay and possible without donating. Like old servers used to have it where you get mats or chemicals and either have to make the drugs through learning the process. People earned mats through scrapping other items for parts and had a job in a faction where a random npc would page them at different locations and the person would need to hurry to buy guns with the number of mats he/she had. Or maybe move to SF and re-map a lot of it plus a major script update or just get a bigger team of mapper/scripters and keep them active to change things up.

Sounded way too much like RPG. We need to create RP, not an RPG material with NPCs.
Idea is fun, but not in this server. Well IMHO.

masterchief

Make it illegal for people to say "RP THAT".... It's an RP server for a reason, no need to remind me of what I have to do?
Please do that i hate when you get into a small crash and they are like RPRPRPRPRPRP its the most annoying thing ever and that to be honest should just be considerd admining a rp when your not a admin cause its ssssooooo damn annoying!

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Sounded way too much like RPG. We need to create RP, not an RPG material with NPCs.
Idea is fun, but not in this server. Well IMHO.

How is it worse then what we have now? It worked, it was fun and there was a lot of Roleplay involved.

You quite literally have to donate for weapons and drugs aren't a possibility.

Mutkanz

Donator
Donator
How is it worse then what we have now? It worked, it was fun and there was a lot of Roleplay involved.

You quite literally have to donate for weapons and drugs aren't a possibility.
So is it me thinking that if this will be implemented, there will be no RP and everyone what will do is like driving from one point to another just to gather materials? Well maybe.
Still I would support just to test it for awhile.
So far I have never donated for weapons/drugs and it is possible to get them with proper RP

Smrize

My idea is that if one character can join like 2 or 3 factions. IRL I'm working 2 places (most of ppl work that way) and I have my own company that I'm working on right now. It's all because to earn more money. Lets be honest - factions pay shit. That's why people join illegal faction to get more money. Also, to get a way from cops/out of trouble they simply use nonRP techniques if neccessary. So my idea to get access atleast 2 or 3 factions would be great idea... in theory ofcourse. We would be first server that can have that opportunity and it WILL raise the playerbase if you start advertising your community. Like in Europe you cant simply find this server. Anyway, I don't know if it works practically. But worth trying, I guess.

Akirohana

My idea is that if one character can join like 2 or 3 factions. IRL I'm working 2 places (most of ppl work that way) and I have my own company that I'm working on right now. It's all because to earn more money. Lets be honest - factions pay shit. That's why people join illegal faction to get more money. Also, to get a way from cops/out of trouble they simply use nonRP techniques if neccessary. So my idea to get access atleast 2 or 3 factions would be great idea... in theory ofcourse. We would be first server that can have that opportunity and it WILL raise the playerbase if you start advertising your community. Like in Europe you cant simply find this server. Anyway, I don't know if it works practically. But worth trying, I guess.

This could work, however only for LEGAL factions only. Government factions are already shorthanded when it comes to their members and they need full dedication of the members in the faction, can't have it divided. As for illegal factions, joining multiple on one account is just more trouble than it is. CK clauses, possibility of shit tons of MG, etc etc.

Mutkanz

Donator
Donator
This could work, however only for LEGAL factions only. Government factions are already shorthanded when it comes to their members and they need full dedication of the members in the faction, can't have it divided. As for illegal factions, joining multiple on one account is just more trouble than it is. CK clauses, possibility of shit tons of MG, etc etc.

Aswell it wouldn't be realistic to be in LSPD/CSD/EMS at the same time

Leonie

That.
Would improve work for detectives aswell, a lot.

Leonie

Aswell it wouldn't be realistic to be in LSPD/CSD/EMS at the same time

Even though it'd work- if Government of Los Santos would EVER be open, for people to represent LSPD, CSD, LSES, SES, SPD, and any other major government faction, in the city council. :p

sUp5rET.png