sUp5rET.png

What can we do?

Vanilla Bean

3. You know my stance on this but it will never go back to that. The factions always get bought again by some dumbass who has never ran a faction before and doesn't know how to. In the end it provides a source of money, a very large one, and it will stay.

Money, money, money. Not everything is about money! I'm sure this server is well off without the donations for factions, the sense of greed and IRL money farming basically is destroying the server.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Money, money, money. Not everything is about money! I'm sure this server is well off without the donations for factions, the sense of greed and IRL money farming basically is destroying the server.

I agree with you, but I merely stated how it is.

Braunson

The real MVP
- Make Faction Scripts Dynamic so that you can assign certain commands to a certain Faction ID. This way there can always be multiple HEX's, PDs, and so on without having to do so much work.

Already have it.
- Accept Faction (Custom) Scripts from players. Say a player wants to open up there own Postal Service... and they need commands like hex or a custom script that allows players to receive mail and such. You can get the players to write there own scripts and send it in for inspection once they have a faction or their Idea is approved by the FRT.

Already do it. http://www.forums.mtarp.co/showthread.php?9177-Submitting-Scripts-for-Processing
- Update the bank system so that you have to use an ATM card.. I know its pretty petty but its actually quite fun. Because people it gives players more responsibility over there characters.

Please make a script suggestion post for this.
- Review the rules. The rule that says you can't steal cars unless the owner is online.. Well IRL whether your dead or alive they take your "shit" (excuse the language). It should be up to the player to take the necessary actions to prevent or be able to deal with this when it happens. If not they can just hire Repo Dudes to go look for there property. Right?

Some rules like that make RL sense. In RL you would know if your car was stolen and would report it to the police. Where in the game you could be offline and have no idea what is happening to your car. We still allow /hotwire for things like this although your chances on hotwiring are not that great.

- Update the carshop system and vehicle system so that players can enlist there vehicles to be for sale as if it was at a dealership.. I'm pretty sure it is as easy as /park. (Ya know with that information Icon to the right of it)

Would need more information on implementation. Can't just have people selling their cars all over the streets. And that way its not handled ICly which isn't promoting RP. Not a fan of this idea, still though you can make a script suggestion.

- Update the overall controls so that they can also work on a controller if a player uses one. I use an Xbox 360 controller to drive but I cant bind the locks or engine to anything. You can easily add a command handler for that.

We do not support controllers on such a heavy typing game. We probably never will.

- Update the jobs. I mean its fun being a bus driver but don't you think that same route gets old? Besides I've seen people including myself try to make public transportation businesses but we can never kick anything off because the faction needs special commands and scripts to create dynamic routes and things and no one has that.

Yea we'll see.

- Change the jail time from hours to minutes... I mean its possible the player count is low cause everyone got locked up. Js. We all like to do crazy crap I mean hay' its Grand Theft Auto. I'd expect admin jail to be hours... not PD jail. Although I can understand your trying to keep it "real life" like.

We hear a lot of this going back and forth, probably won't happen as there are both pro's and con's to doing this. But we'll see.

Braunson

The real MVP
I am planning on removing donating VIP Points for IG money, but will keep F5 as that is just passing money around to another player. I will be removing some perks in F7 though for instant money.

Yoda

Donator
Donator
We need the Economy re-done because we got people with 200mil. It's a Recession!! But anyway yea' we need some changes fast and quick.

Lafuqs

Donator
Donator
Remove Ticketcenter for IG illegal RP stuff... Should be able to get an higher admin to accept it or decline it what it´s now. I can understand to use Ticketcenter for lost items etc, but when it comes to illegal RP i can't...

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
Yea no, the prices are good where they are considering you can donate for VIP or buy VIP with your IG cash.

WEll yea, but when gate costs 200 vip points its like 1 mil when you buy 5k ea points. I think gate would cost less than a house.

Braunson

The real MVP
WEll yea, but when gate costs 200 vip points its like 1 mil when you buy 5k ea points. I think gate would cost less than a house.

Its a OOC Price because it can actually take time to make if the player doesn't put any effort in and doesn't map it themselves

masterchief

Your right about that and illegal factions are overpriced the server probably could make more money if they lowerd their prices cause people are scared to buy them in fear they will get takin by the FRT. You could even lower it down to 25 for one and after 2 people buy then who wouldent of before you wouldof already made more money then before and people can also rebuy their factions than to (also making you more money then you wouldof before) along with Bigj people are scared to buy because it is expensive as hell in fear people will mg and raid their house.

Its a OOC Price because it can actually take time to make if the player doesn't put any effort in and doesn't map it themselves
use the old ** gate manager to make it it makes it quite easy to make gates than.

Yea no, the prices are good where they are considering you can donate for VIP or buy VIP with your IG cash.
if you lower them more people may buy them and more of them so it could bring in more money than before if you give it some serious though depending on if people care for gates

I am planning on removing donating VIP Points for IG money, but will keep F5 as that is just passing money around to another player. I will be removing some perks in F7 though for instant money.
Well their goes 3/4 of the donation money...

Make it so CSD can open the prision gates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Braunson

The real MVP
use the old ** gate manager to make it it makes it quite easy to make gates than.

if you lower them more people may buy them and more of them so it could bring in more money than before if you give it some serious though depending on if people care for gates

Well their goes 3/4 of the donation money...

Honestly I'm trying my best not to flame your post. But its so immensely idiotic. Recommend stealing a script when you completely ignored what I said. We have a gate system, but that doesn't mean its still easy or takes less effort. The prices won't go down because we do have labour on our side. I'm willing to lower the price if the player premaps it because then its a simple add and we don't have to position it ourselves.

Lowering prices doesn't mean more money. Especially if its something that's purchased with VIP. If the price was lowered it would be purchased with IG money, no doubt about it.

We don't need your opinion on where our donation money goes or how much we get. Its not your concern.

Remove Ticketcenter for IG illegal RP stuff... Should be able to get an higher admin to accept it or decline it what it´s now. I can understand to use Ticketcenter for lost items etc, but when it comes to illegal RP i can't...

Can you explain what you mean? I don't follow.

Akirohana

I was a newbie player approximately last year on this server and what made me stay is the scripts. Im in a different timezone (GMT+ 8) so nobody was around for me to interact with on my first 3 days. Maybe if we can take a look at that and see what we can improve, I don't have any knowledge on scripting so I'll just throw everything I have in my mind right now.

Job system:

This one really needs a fresh update. Let's be honest, with how the economy is right now, going on the same path over and over again is boring. This goes to delivery, bus, and coach drivers. Maybe have those peeps in this job get more, like.. A rank system. Being in the delivery job for 10 hours+ can make you drive bigger trucks, drive a bus without any speeding tickets would grant you more paycheck, and as for coach, maybe pickup passengers on one spot, and take em on a certain spot in LV or SF, just like a terminal.

Business System:

Right now, people own a business for money and not for it's RP purpose anymore. Strip, dance, and drinking clubs are all collecting dusts not to mention restaurants. So I think we should bring back the hunger system, however make it drop to a certain percentage, like 10% every 2 hours, and once you reach below 20%, you will automatically make a /do You would hear a soft growling of Player's stomach. No harm done, no losing of HP, just so they will atleast RP eating. However, letting your hunger drop down to 0% for a good amount of hours or days, will make you lose a percentage of your HP. As for the clubs, maybe give a free 5 interior object to every owner if they have (insert number of hours here)? I don't know if this would be such a great idea though.

Drug system:

Aside from the effects when you take drugs, there's really not that much to do with it, you just wasted money for a good amount of funny moments that lasts for a couple of minutes. I suggest having a drug addict script (credits to Mutka, she thought of this), which makes you crave for a certain drug. Right now, peeps are only buying guns for illegal stuff. Most of them, atleast. Because they can't seem to find the use of drugs now. But being illegal, having and selling drugs gives you more RP possibilities. And maybe a way to manufacture your own drugs if you own an illegal faction.

Driving System:

All cars are like perfect today. Even if you rode it 3k miles already, it still is running great. Why not add like if you reach a certain number of mileage, your engine starts to sputter, but can be turned on after a few tries, or your brake won't work after 2k miles. This would open up more RP for mechanics aswell.

I know this would be a long, hard work, and if I know how to script, I'd be doing it by now, but sadly, I don't. But Im pretty sure it'd bring alot of new people in our community, right?

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
I was a newbie player approximately last year on this server and what made me stay is the scripts. Im in a different timezone (GMT+ 8) so nobody was around for me to interact with on my first 3 days. Maybe if we can take a look at that and see what we can improve, I don't have any knowledge on scripting so I'll just throw everything I have in my mind right now.

Job system:

This one really needs a fresh update. Let's be honest, with how the economy is right now, going on the same path over and over again is boring. This goes to delivery, bus, and coach drivers. Maybe have those peeps in this job get more, like.. A rank system. Being in the delivery job for 10 hours+ can make you drive bigger trucks, drive a bus without any speeding tickets would grant you more paycheck, and as for coach, maybe pickup passengers on one spot, and take em on a certain spot in LV or SF, just like a terminal.

Business System:

Right now, people own a business for money and not for it's RP purpose anymore. Strip, dance, and drinking clubs are all collecting dusts not to mention restaurants. So I think we should bring back the hunger system, however make it drop to a certain percentage, like 10% every 2 hours, and once you reach below 20%, you will automatically make a /do You would hear a soft growling of Player's stomach. No harm done, no losing of HP, just so they will atleast RP eating. However, letting your hunger drop down to 0% for a good amount of hours or days, will make you lose a percentage of your HP. As for the clubs, maybe give a free 5 interior object to every owner if they have (insert number of hours here)? I don't know if this would be such a great idea though.

Drug system:

Aside from the effects when you take drugs, there's really not that much to do with it, you just wasted money for a good amount of funny moments that lasts for a couple of minutes. I suggest having a drug addict script (credits to Mutka, she thought of this), which makes you crave for a certain drug. Right now, peeps are only buying guns for illegal stuff. Most of them, atleast. Because they can't seem to find the use of drugs now. But being illegal, having and selling drugs gives you more RP possibilities. And maybe a way to manufacture your own drugs if you own an illegal faction.

Driving System:

All cars are like perfect today. Even if you rode it 3k miles already, it still is running great. Why not add like if you reach a certain number of mileage, your engine starts to sputter, but can be turned on after a few tries, or your brake won't work after 2k miles. This would open up more RP for mechanics aswell.

I know this would be a long, hard work, and if I know how to script, I'd be doing it by now, but sadly, I don't. But Im pretty sure it'd bring alot of new people in our community, right?

What she said. The idea is great, but yeah, A TON of script work that I can't even begin to comprehend. I was thinking along the lines of random mechanical failures. I think the system should send a page out to admins to help guard against nonRP fixing to sidestep it. It would require RP fix or a run to a Pay n Spray via a Towtruck. Its not TOO complex, but would raise RP slightly. Any admin that opts to help with the RP could help determine the cause of the fix and a good solution. Something I'm pretty good at. (Ask JohnC LOL)

Jeff53

Donator
Donator
Also would be nice if the pay of the jobs were raised cause doing a 15 min bus route for 1k isn't worth spending my time on. What about a trucking job where you get a load in ls and drive it to lv or get a load in sf and drive it some where in lv and this way these other citys would become more active and more rp would be in these citys and im talking about the big semi trucks with trailers not the small trucks.
I really like this idea. I have wanted to see this in a server for a very long time, what better server than MTArp. +1

Taiven

Driving System:

I already created a similar script that was actually working. I mean instead of doing speedmods everyone could upgrade there cars to add a small amount of extra speed and repair the brakes and stuff. So its possible. My computer crashed a few weeks ago so I no longer have the script but I don't mind re-scripting it if its something MTA RP agrees on.

Leonie

Business System:

People'd just use the "magic inventory" and carry around 200 sandwiches and 200 cups of coffee- and are like: "/b "Sec, I'm hungry, going to OOCly eat something to prevent an IC issue", then they open their inventory and eat 10 sandwiches and 10 cups of coffee or whatever food/drink they carry, avoiding RPing hunger by stashing food and eating it whenever it lowers.

Mutkanz

Donator
Donator
People'd just use the "magic inventory" and carry around 200 sandwiches and 200 cups of coffee- and are like: "/b "Sec, I'm hungry, going to OOCly eat something to prevent an IC issue", then they open their inventory and eat 10 sandwiches and 10 cups of coffee or whatever food/drink they carry, avoiding RPing hunger by stashing food and eating it whenever it lowers.

Good reason to /report.

I'm totaly down with hunger system.

Agel

Most people actually don't know how to RP, when they join MTA:RP. When they make a character, they just take a quick RP test, which has no use
since they can just see those stuff somewhere, or someone could help them with that, and they would pass..
-I suggest we have some short of "video" that will describe the basic theories of RP, and when that ends, then the player should go on with a more
advanced quiz, not just questions like: "On which side of the road do cars drive in MTA" .

Mutkanz

Donator
Donator
Most people actually don't know how to RP, when they join MTA:RP. When they make a character, they just take a quick RP test, which has no use
since they can just see those stuff somewhere, or someone could help them with that, and they would pass..
-I suggest we have some short of "video" that will describe the basic theories of RP, and when that ends, then the player should go on with a more
advanced quiz, not just questions like: "On which side of the road do cars drive in MTA" .

Or upon creating account, make a quiz, and with administration approval, only then you can join the server

sUp5rET.png